Author Topic: 2016 U.S. Presidential Election  (Read 183688 times)

Offline JRcade19

• Total Meseta: 6
Re: 2016 U.S. Presidential Election
« Reply #135 on: January 15, 2016, 11:33:31 pm »
You're assuming that if we manage to scare our enemies that they will cease to be a threat. One of the enemies of which we are currently fighting literally uses fear as a recruitment tool.

People joined ISIS not only because they are angry at the US, but because our last 15 years in the Middle east have been nothing short of chaos for the people who live there and they are tired of it. Using Trump's anti islamic rhetoric as a recruiting tool. Electing someone who will put boots on the ground or anything of that nature will do nothing but embolden them, as that is exactly what they want.

We have no reason to get involved physically as the Iraqi Army and the Kurds near Syria seem to be doing a great enough job on their own in pushing ISIS back while keeping our troops out of harms way.

China could be dealt with if the FBI/NSA stopped trying to backdoor everything and nothing with happen to the DPRK because China doesn't want the refugees and South Korea doesn't want to see its economy destroyed under influx of unskilled labor no matter how much Cruz or anyone else wants it unless they want WW3.

Offline pcm92

• Total Meseta: 3
« Reply #136 on: January 16, 2016, 07:57:08 am »
As far as space warfare and cyber attacks, China has prepared to step up its space-warfare forces, including anti-satellite, laser technology, and low-Earth orbit bombers. The phrase strategic missile has also been mentioned as part of this package, but it is not known if these are to be conventional or nuclear capable. If anything other than war, I think peace talks would solve the problem in China.

Ukraine will continue to be an area to watch as Russia and Ukraine continue to battle over Crimea, which Russia will never give up. This would normally not be a problem for the U.S. The president has made it a problem. NATO does not think of interfering in it, but the presiddent fears Russian expansionism, and Turkey has already shown that it is willing to stand up to Russia with firepower. NATO has sent an Air Defense package to Turkey as tensions between Turkey and Russia continue to remain high.

Iran and Iraq have continued to breach U.N. Security Counsel resolutions by trying out another medium-range ballistic missile. The United States originally planned to impose additional sanctions for the breech, then we backed away from doing so. Syria is very concerned and asking for aid from any country against the ongoing ISIS war. They have not asked the U.S. for help yet because it has already shown how weak it is. Not to mention, Burkina Faso was attacked just this morning with at least twenty three dead. Need I remind you of the attacks in Paris a couple of months ago? I'm sure we can do better.
We're already bombing ISIS, why can't we "put boots on the ground?"

By the way, Ted Cruz appologized.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/01/15/politics/ted-cruz-new-yorkers-apology/index.html?sr=fbCNN011616ted-cruz-new-yorkers-apology0146AMVODtopVideo&linkId=20411065

Donald Trump NEVER appologized.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2016, 08:01:28 am by pcm92 »

Offline JRcade19

« Reply #137 on: January 16, 2016, 11:32:59 am »
Anti Satellite is something the US has been testing on and off since the 50's. Even our Naval Based ABM RIM's are capable of destroying a satellite. China can't even progress forward on lasers because they're still trying to figure out how to generate the power for them, something the US isn't because we already know how to and have been testing laser weapons. As for low earth bombers. 4 out of the 5 successful spaceplanes developed and used were American made, again since the 50's. To think that the US isn't taking an interest in the weaponization of space, especially with programs such as SUSTAIN or Hot eagle is to be silly.

The NATO air defense package was also not designed to deter Russia. The diplomats explicitly mentioned that they wanted to avoid another shoot down which is why AWAC's are included in the package. Germany and the US both withdrew fighters and Batteries, only Spain picked up the Battery Slack.

The reason Syria doesn't ask for US aid is not because we're being pansies. It's because we're being idiots. All of our allies are willing to put aside fighting Assad because of ISIS, but the US continuously wants to reject intel sharing with Assad, and constantly funds rebel groups inside Syria to fight against the government there.

We're bombing ISIS because that is all we need to do. The Kurds and the Iraqi's are pushing them back. There is no need for American boots on the ground. The only reason we have any boots at all in Afghanistan right now is because of the ANA's inability to hold off the Taliban and we didn't want a repeat of Iraq post withdrawal. Sending in boots would be nothing but wasting lives, money and will only further give ISIS and muslims looking to join them reasons to do so. "Look the Imperial Americans are coming! Remember Mosul and Fallujah! Remember the rapes and massacres they've carried out on the muslim people!" ect.... 

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
« Reply #138 on: January 16, 2016, 05:31:38 pm »
As far as space warfare and cyber attacks, China has prepared to step up its space-warfare forces, including anti-satellite, laser technology, and low-Earth orbit bombers. The phrase strategic missile has also been mentioned as part of this package, but it is not known if these are to be conventional or nuclear capable. If anything other than war, I think peace talks would solve the problem in China.

Ukraine will continue to be an area to watch as Russia and Ukraine continue to battle over Crimea, which Russia will never give up. This would normally not be a problem for the U.S. The president has made it a problem. NATO does not think of interfering in it, but the presiddent fears Russian expansionism, and Turkey has already shown that it is willing to stand up to Russia with firepower. NATO has sent an Air Defense package to Turkey as tensions between Turkey and Russia continue to remain high.

Iran and Iraq have continued to breach U.N. Security Counsel resolutions by trying out another medium-range ballistic missile. The United States originally planned to impose additional sanctions for the breech, then we backed away from doing so. Syria is very concerned and asking for aid from any country against the ongoing ISIS war. They have not asked the U.S. for help yet because it has already shown how weak it is. Not to mention, Burkina Faso was attacked just this morning with at least twenty three dead. Need I remind you of the attacks in Paris a couple of months ago? I'm sure we can do better.
We're already bombing ISIS, why can't we "put boots on the ground?"

By the way, Ted Cruz appologized.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/01/15/politics/ted-cruz-new-yorkers-apology/index.html?sr=fbCNN011616ted-cruz-new-yorkers-apology0146AMVODtopVideo&linkId=20411065

Donald Trump NEVER appologized.

Cruz is apologizing because he got destroyed by Trump from what I'm reading on Gaf. Trump has apparently gone on an all out Cruz attack on social media after what Cruz said about New York. Not a fan of Trump, but it seems like he knows what he is doing in regards to getting what he wants.

The republican party has gotten so crazy that it makes the Bush family look sane. Almost feel bad for poor Jeb, almost. Trump didn't even give him a chance, just straight up destroyed him.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2016, 05:36:28 pm by Happy Cat »

Offline pcm92

« Reply #139 on: January 17, 2016, 09:10:53 am »
Would all of your rather have everything under government control? Would you rather be working for next to nothing, while the government takes most of the hard earned money? What about healthcare? It would be bad if I needed to have surgery after suffering from a terminal disease and the doctors told me that I would have to wait a month before I could come back in. That's why so many Canadians come to the U.S. hospitals. Because their healthcare is seriously awful. Democrats support crime, drugs, and sometimes even terrorism. Taxes are about to go up really high, if another Democrat goes in. You just watch. My last question is this:

What is the difference between communism and the Democratic party?

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
« Reply #140 on: January 17, 2016, 11:16:02 am »
I'm not a fan of any of the candidates running but at least i don't have to worry about democrats wasting their term away reversing common sense changes that Obama made to make life more fair for everyone. How dare there be equality in the US!

This video is a good example of what the modern day GOP is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qz1TC701Kq0

Obama is so cool, it's really a shame we won't have another president like him in a long time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-8zQC-9Iok

he even likes videogames, amiibo were spotted in one of his recent videos in the white house. and hes commented in the past that he likes to play PlayStation.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2016, 11:20:45 am by Happy Cat »

Offline Nameless 24

• Total Meseta: 14
  • Shocktrooper at Heart
« Reply #141 on: January 17, 2016, 12:41:46 pm »
Watching the Repulican Party fight amongst themselves has been the best political moment this past year for me.

You have Labour's Leader firing/sacking anyone who goes against him, and you have our Prime Minister having literally zero opposition (unless Nige Farage does something about the EU referendum), so I like watching what's happening on the other side of the pond.

Is it me or is it normal to insult your fellow Congressman to become the potential next President? Over here the parties tend to insult one another like school children.

From an outsider point of view, I like Trump's passion despite probably not being the best candidate for President. I have a friend from NY so I am glad he's stood up for them. No need to insult part of your country Cruz!
Big fan of Claymore, Miria in particular.

Currently playing Yakuza 0.

Offline JRcade19

« Reply #142 on: January 17, 2016, 12:45:20 pm »
Would all of your rather have everything under government control?

Considering Christie is pushing NSA powers, almost all frontrunners are pushing for increasingly draconian anti terror laws and have a fetish with what 2 men or woman do in their private time...trying to paint one party as big government happy is silly.

Would you rather be working for next to nothing, while the government takes most of the hard earned money?

Most Americans already are. Income inequality is as high as ever as people are working harder and harder but getting paid less and less. As for larger taxation, if I could trust that the government would use such funds to better the failing infrastructure and troubled education system, I might be slightly less reserved

What about healthcare? It would be bad if I needed to have surgery after suffering from a terminal disease and the doctors told me that I would have to wait a month before I could come back in. That's why so many Canadians come to the U.S. hospitals

We already have Healthcare rationing in the US. If you can afford a treatment, you get one. If not, you don't or you get thrown on a wait list. Even if this didn't exist, if you needed a treatment, and there were only so many doctors around in a private system for that treatment in your area, you're still likely to be put on a wait list. Long waiting times aren't exclusive to single payer systems. The reason you hear about waiting times in other systems is because the government mandates such reports to create efficiency. When waiting times first popped up in Canada in the 90's Parliment spend ungodly amounts of time in session debating on how to improve it, and working out allocations to do so. France for example spends a lot more money than Canada, but less than the United states on healthcare, but its waiting times are incredibly small on average as a result.

As for so many Canadians, if you consider say....around 300-sh by now or so out of 30+ Million "Many" then we have an entirely different definition of what counts as many. The Frasier institute's earlier 42,000 number has long since been discredited by subsequent research given the numerous fallacious methodologies it employed in acquiring that number

This also ignores that the United States also has functioning single payer health systems already. The majority of those hip replacements Todd Akin was talking about last election? You know who gets those? Old people mostly. Do you know what Old people use to get them? Medicare. Do you know what Medicare is? A single payer health system. It's not the only either, the VHA for veterans and SCHIP for uninsured children? Single payer systems.

Democrats support crime

Considering crime rates have been dropping since the 70's. I'd say political parties in general have been doing a decent job of reducing them

Drugs

While Democrats have not done wonders for drug policy, the war on drugs starting with Nixon has done far more damage and created more crime than other policies. Democrats should have ended the war on drugs already if they wanted to do anything about it.

and sometimes even terrorism

This one is actually true, but again, of both parties.

What is the difference between communism and the Democratic party?

The Democratic party isn't interested in Nationalizing ALL private assets and controlling the means of production through societal needs based on the ability of the proletariat to work with the eventual goal of a classless society. Wanting to ensure the American people are cared for and are being paid the proper wages they need to survive without having to worry about having to choose between, school, health or children is vastly different.

They certainly aren't perfect, and I have my own fair share of issues with them. The use of Diplomacy as opposed to wanting to brute our way out of everything however isn't one of them.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2016, 01:01:39 pm by JRcade19 »

Offline Tad

« Reply #143 on: January 18, 2016, 07:30:16 am »
After the recent success of a petition here in the UK, our politicians are about to discuss if they should allow Trump into the UK if he does become president. It's a funny old world...

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #144 on: January 18, 2016, 05:48:09 pm »
Bernie Sanders released his tax plan for his single payer healthcare and opposite to what the propaganda the right and a big portion of the democrate base tells you, its not that bad, I guess unless you make over 10 million dollars a year;
http://www.forbes.com/sites/anthonynitti/2016/01/17/bernie-sanders-releases-tax-plan-nations-rich-recoil-in-horror/#2715e4857a0b18936a4e7340

I think its time to invest our time and money in our own country instead of using that money to bomb poor  people in other countries. Seriously, Obama's drone strikes have a terrible ratio of actually killing terrorist. They kill 80% civilians. How can anyone approve of this and both Hilary and Republicans want to expand on that. https://www.rt.com/news/pakistan-civilian-victims-drones-695/

This isn't a 'Republican' and 'Democratic' issue on this side, its a moral issue.

Offline Spock

• Total Meseta: 2
« Reply #145 on: January 19, 2016, 11:25:23 am »
I saw one of the previous posts made by George. It said that Bernie Sanders would ban assult weapons. Would that include shotguns?

Offline JRcade19

« Reply #146 on: January 19, 2016, 01:44:02 pm »
Doubt it. Assault Weapons usually have to contain some sort of detachable magazine and in the case for shotguns, 2 of the following:   
 Telescoping stock
 Pistol grip
 A capacity to hold more than five rounds

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #147 on: January 19, 2016, 03:31:31 pm »
Well I don't think he should, because I don't think assault weapons have done enough crimes to warrant their ban it is also true they aren't hunting rifles. Are they needed? Nah. Would I ban them? Nah. Is that enough for me to change my vote from Sanders? Nah. We have a corruption on both sides that needs to be cleansed. He isn't for banning guns outside of assault weapons which doesn't mean much to me in my every day life.

IF you missed Hilary lying about all the banks/wall street ties.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_8jaYYdWuc

Offline pcm92

« Reply #148 on: January 22, 2016, 06:03:12 pm »
Since no one on this website is a fan of Hillary Clinton, I thought I would leave this here:

http://www.cnn.com/2016/01/22/politics/hillary-clinton-emails-state-department-blizzard/index.html

I can't believe they are serious about this. I'm tired of hearing about her emails anyway. Now they are delaying the email announcements for... WHAT?

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #149 on: January 22, 2016, 09:29:50 pm »
I don't mind Hillary, I just don't like discussing politics here. :P