Author Topic: 2016 U.S. Presidential Election  (Read 183450 times)

Offline Tad

• Total Meseta: 6
Re: 2016 U.S. Presidential Election
« Reply #330 on: March 28, 2016, 04:28:10 am »
He's said it's not safe for Americans to go to Europe anymore. He does realise they're attacking everyone right?

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #331 on: March 28, 2016, 04:43:00 am »
He's said it's not safe for Americans to go to Europe anymore. He does realise they're attacking everyone right?
That's not true. ISIS is attacking specifically Europe.
SEG4GES

Offline Tad

« Reply #332 on: March 28, 2016, 04:45:43 am »
That's not true. ISIS is attacking specifically Europe.

It's easier for them to get around Europe, granted, but the purpose of ISIS is the same as others in their mold.  Besides, it's still wrong what he's saying.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2016, 04:47:26 am by Tad »

Offline crackdude

• Nintendo Bling
« Reply #333 on: March 28, 2016, 04:53:34 am »
It's easier for them to get around Europe, granted, but the purpose of ISIS is the same as others in their mold.  Besides, it's still wrong what he's saying.
And what will they do? Swim to America?
Their main interest is Europe, even more so when all their population is establishing itself here. They want to control the refugees.

I don't see how it's wrong. Americans are afraid of terrorists, there are terrorists in Europe right now..
Hell, even I'm wary of most european cities right now.
SEG4GES

Offline Tad

« Reply #334 on: March 28, 2016, 05:15:18 am »
The chances of something going on when visiting are very slim.

Offline crackdude

• Nintendo Bling
« Reply #335 on: March 28, 2016, 05:50:16 am »
The chances of something going on when visiting are very slim.
So are the chances of getting bit by a shark, but some people rather not swim anyways..
He's doing it to promote himself? Yes. But I'd rather spend money on a Caribbean trip than visiting Europe in turmoil.
SEG4GES

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #336 on: March 28, 2016, 06:53:02 am »
I just noticed I never clarified why I was planning to move out of the UK, I live in London so I don't really see the effects on the road but I can already see our NHS breaking and people being forced to go private. I worry for the fate of our education system too and some of the new tax laws are going to specifically target my line of work. Now if we still had a top tier public services I'd have no problem with the tax system, but since we don't I'm just left wondering what's the point.

And sorry Crack, Portugal is a definite no go to me! If I'm moving out its going to be a country where my money can ensure the best quality of life so it'd probably be somewhere like Malaysia or Qatar.

So are the chances of getting bit by a shark, but some people rather not swim anyways..
He's doing it to promote himself? Yes. But I'd rather spend money on a Caribbean trip than visiting Europe in turmoil.

Europe is not in turmoil.

We're the closest target but ISIS is pretty much crumbling at this point as they keep losing footing. These attacks are of desperation not of defiance.

Besides mass shootings in America and the high level of gun violence are a bigger worry for Europeans (And racist police officers) than terrorists are for Americans in Europe.

Offline crackdude

• Nintendo Bling
« Reply #337 on: March 28, 2016, 08:38:51 am »
And sorry Crack, Portugal is a definite no go to me! If I'm moving out its going to be a country where my money can ensure the best quality of life so it'd probably be somewhere like Malaysia or Qatar.
I dunno bro.. You can live like a king here without much cash. I just got out of Uni and live in a 3 bedroom apt with a view, 20mins from the beach. 400/month, ez pz.
Granted you can get mad money in Malaysia. Live it up bro.

Europe is not in turmoil.
Yet. Look at Belgium.
SEG4GES

Offline Spock

• Total Meseta: 2
« Reply #338 on: March 28, 2016, 10:47:57 pm »
I don't like Donald Trump OR Hillary Clinton. If I had to choose between the two, I think I would vote for Trump. His healthcare plan and education views are far superior to Hillary Clinton's. It also sounds like she would go to war with every country other than ISIS. Donald Trump wants to close trade for all countries and just have everything made in the U.S. This fixes the "Made in China" deal that George H.W. Bush thought was so nice. The one that ruined the country's economy to start with.

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #339 on: March 28, 2016, 10:55:17 pm »
Trump has no education and healthcare plan. The one I have seen is just typical Republican garbage.

Offline Spock

« Reply #340 on: March 29, 2016, 12:02:42 am »
George, I thought you said you were moderate. Saying that Republicans are garbage doesn't seem very moderte to me. I was unaware you were a strict Democrat. Here are two videos of both issues that I mentioned:

http://www.cnn.com/2016/03/02/politics/donald-trump-health-care-plan/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/video/politics/donald-trump-education--campaign-2016/2016/02/01/a4f6388e-c924-11e5-b9ab-26591104bb19_video.html

You stated before that you were a very big Sanders supporter. Sanders has promised free college education for every American, but didn't your man Barack Obama promise the same thing in 2008?

Offline George

« Reply #341 on: March 31, 2016, 04:28:29 am »
Hum, I wouldn't consider myself a moderate, I'm more of a center left (European politics). America has gone way to the right since the 80s and people are shocked that we are in a shit hole. Neocon Republicans are the worse and Trump isn't in it to help us, the other day he LITERALLY said he would make more private prisons.

Yeah, people being jailed shouldn't be a business. Sorry.

Sanders didn't promise free college to everyone, he said free college for people that do good in K-12, not everyone. This is actually why fees have gone up. He is still for private colleges, but says tax payer funded public colleges should be free.

Barack Obama isn't 'my man', he isn't the worse president but the issue we have in America is that we are fighting stupid fucking wars for corporate interest now and not for actual defense. Its a shame really.

You think putting a billionaire in charge of our country will help it? Don't be shocked when he starts passing more business friendly laws that will help him in the end. 

Offline Spock

« Reply #342 on: March 31, 2016, 08:26:38 pm »
I have said before that I don't like Trump, but if he runs against Clinton I have no other choice. If it's Trump vs. Sanders, then I would not vote. I am in fact moderate, George. There is a major problem with this election. None of the candidates would actually help America. I know you like Sanders, but I have a question for you.
Are you married or in a relationship with a female? If so, then you can say goodbye to your wife/girlfriend's approval of you. Many of the feminists support Bernie Sanders, even though it seems like they should be supporting Hillary Clinton. Feminism is already a big problem in this country. Most other countries don't have it nearly as bad.

Do you like your job? You can probably say goodbye to  that too. In almost every campaign speech, Bernie Sanders has promised to raise the federal minimum wage up to $15 an hour. This would double the prevailing minimum in about half of the 50 states. He also wants to make it illegal for companies to not hire people. The company you work for now will eventually have to close because they can't afford to pay all of their employees.

The last quarter-century has seen the most dramatic economic improvement in human history, with more and more people being lifted out of extreme poverty. Most of the credit, must go to capitalism and free trade. They enable economies to grow and it was growth, principally, that has eased destitution.

Not only does Sanders take away all of those easily observable gains from trade, he also adds nationalism to the mix: "We need to end the race to the bottom and develop trade policies which demand that American corporations create jobs here, and not abroad."

Offline pcm92

• Total Meseta: 3
« Reply #343 on: April 02, 2016, 08:41:20 pm »
I don't think feminism is a big problem. Can't really tell though because I'm not on the other side of the argument. I agree with you on the whole "free college" thing. If he's only giving it to people can't afford it, then wouldn't that be everyone?

Offline George

« Reply #344 on: April 03, 2016, 01:58:05 am »
Are you republicans for real? Paying middle class and poor people a living wage for working 40+ hours a week is bad for the economy? Do you guys even know how an economy works? You guys keep on voting for more corporate tax breaks, they continue to take their jobs out of this country and you attack when workers will get a pay raise? WTF Bizzaro world do you live in? Most companies have a TON of profit from people, yet whenever someone is like 'We should raise the minimum wage', everyone goes "NO NO WE WONT HAVE JOBS NO MORE". California already signed the law and Seattle has had great success. California will raise it slowly (which is the smart move) by .50 cents increments until 2023. Will it have be a success? Depending on how corporations act, yes. Th worse thing to come out of it is automation with robots, but that will happen REGARDLESS. Once middle class and poor people get more money in their pockets, I guarantee you it will be spent and boost the economy. 

WTF?

Now Feminism is a issue? God forbid we don't treat women like second class citizens, thats an issue!

He isn't giving 'free college' he is making PUBLIC COLLEGES free.

Again, research before you post and stop watching Fox News for a few days.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2016, 02:01:46 am by George »