Author Topic: 2016 U.S. Presidential Election  (Read 183501 times)

Offline Spock

• Total Meseta: 2
Re: 2016 U.S. Presidential Election
« Reply #495 on: July 27, 2016, 09:48:52 pm »
No idea where you read your news Spock, but Gary Johnson and Jill Stein aren't confirmed and nowhere near the 15 percent in polling needed to get on the stage.

http://www.syracuse.com/politics/index.ssf/2016/07/libertarian_party_gary_johnson_debate_trump_clinton.html

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #496 on: July 29, 2016, 06:56:48 am »
The Democrats must so desperate to tie Trump in to this e-mail hack that they seem to have forgotten that the Obama Administration's cyber security is complete shit.

And for Putin's influence can someone remind me again how Russia managed to get their hands on several american bussinesses?

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #497 on: July 29, 2016, 07:18:50 am »
I hope they both die before elections
SEG4GES

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #498 on: July 29, 2016, 07:47:42 am »
Sometimes during elections, you have to choose between a douche and a turd. 2016 just happened to be one of those years.

I've noticed that a lot of people hate Trump but never mention how happy they are with Hillary running for President... Like I mentioned, it's one of those years.

Edit: Yes I am aware that I'm quoting a really old South Park episode.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2016, 07:52:26 am by max_cady »

Offline Tad

• Total Meseta: 6
« Reply #499 on: July 29, 2016, 10:40:04 am »
@Happy Cat Yeah, sad, but true.

It definitely feels like you're picking the best of the worst this time.

Offline jonboy101

• Total Meseta: 9
« Reply #500 on: July 29, 2016, 01:43:19 pm »
http://www.syracuse.com/politics/index.ssf/2016/07/libertarian_party_gary_johnson_debate_trump_clinton.html

That says may. It's speculation. The commission on presidential debates looks at an average of select polls to make its decision. He'll have to poll over 15 in several of them to balance out not being over 15 in others. He won't be in the debate. Neither will Jill.

Offline jonboy101

• Total Meseta: 9
« Reply #501 on: July 29, 2016, 01:46:13 pm »
Sometimes during elections, you have to choose between a douche and a turd. 2016 just happened to be one of those years.

I've noticed that a lot of people hate Trump but never mention how happy they are with Hillary running for President... Like I mentioned, it's one of those years.

Edit: Yes I am aware that I'm quoting a really old South Park episode.

I'm pretty happy with Hillary. She looks bad because she's been tarred and feathered for thirty years. I think she'll be solid.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #502 on: July 29, 2016, 03:59:24 pm »
I loved Obama's speech at the DNC. I'm going to miss having him as president, he's a great speaker. Thankfully the presidential library is opening near my wife's work, so hopefully I get to meet him or hear him speak. I actually met Obama in 2003 at the St. Patrick's Day parade. I shouted "Ohhhhbama!" and he waved. That counts as meeting, right?

Offline Tad

« Reply #503 on: July 29, 2016, 04:11:45 pm »
Was it a "Hello there" wave in a friendly manner or in a "hello peasant" type of way?

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #504 on: July 29, 2016, 07:50:03 pm »
Oh totally friendly. The guy was the scrappy young hopeful future Senator, and was at the back of the parade. Looked like he was having a good time.

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
« Reply #505 on: July 29, 2016, 11:48:20 pm »
Obama is really cool. As I've said before. I'll be sad to see him go.

Anyways, things are about to get interesting. Especially since Trump has been heavily praising everything related to Russia as of late

The FBI and Justice Department are investigating a computer hack of Hillary Clinton's presidential campaign in addition to its examination of intrusions of other Democratic Party organizations, two law enforcement officials said Friday.
The campaign said in a statement that its internal systems were not compromised.

There is strong evidence indicating the cyber intrusion of the DNC was the work of hackers working on behalf of Russian intelligence, US officials said this week.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1255227

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #506 on: July 30, 2016, 03:09:22 am »
I never understood why USA joining forces with Russia would be a bad thing for Americans. They are literally the only nation capable of kicking your ass, why not befriend them?
SEG4GES

Offline Spock

• Total Meseta: 2
« Reply #507 on: July 30, 2016, 09:58:43 am »
Russia has always been the manliest country. It's not the communist Soviet Union anymore, so I also don't see why anyone would think Russia is bad.

Offline Tad

« Reply #508 on: July 30, 2016, 10:33:59 am »
Think its because they've done little to really improve their image over the years. That and the high levels of corruption and allies with some less then nice people.

It's a shame really, as the people themselves are absolutely fine.

Offline JRcade19

« Reply #509 on: July 30, 2016, 11:09:47 am »
I never understood why USA joining forces with Russia would be a bad thing for Americans. They are literally the only nation capable of kicking your ass, why not befriend them?

Because Politics. Bush Sr/Clinton and Boris Yeltsin all got along fine. Bush Jr/Obama and Vladimir Putin however are a much different set. Corruption and Nepotism is all bad and awful, but the single biggest driver of straining is the resurgence of a more aggressive Russia, with a government slowly slipping into a state of Totalitarianism. The fact that it has Nukes is just a bonus.

That being said Russia and the US already work together on a lot of things.

The most immediate would be the ISS and Near earth Space exploration.

Russia and the US worked together during the collapse of the Soviet Union in order to safeguard nuclear weapons and materials. Afterwards the US and Russia cooperate on the reduction of their Nuclear Stockpiles.

While opposing the Iraq war in 2003, Russia is a supporter of the War on Terror. It is active in helping the US patrol African coasts for pirates and lends support to US operations in Afghanistan and throughout central Asia. Both logistical and Military such as Spetznaz Operators working with JSOC and other forces(Intelligence and Geographical knowledge), training officers in those countries on Conter-narcotics and counter terrorism operations.

US and Russia also cooperate training wise. Operation Northern Eagle in Norway, Vigilant Eagle in Canada, and Joint Counter terrorist training in Germany between both.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2016, 11:12:47 am by JRcade19 »