Author Topic: 2016 U.S. Presidential Election  (Read 183604 times)

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
Re: 2016 U.S. Presidential Election
« Reply #540 on: November 09, 2016, 02:43:08 am »
You really shouldn't though. When a big country such as America is making a huge change it can effect things on a global scale. Financial, security, military, trade etc.
Spain has much more influence in my economy than the US.
EU countries are all interdependent, the US doesn't have that much of a say
SEG4GES

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #541 on: November 09, 2016, 03:45:16 am »
Now people are turning this against Obama instead of just admiting that Hillary blew the easiest election in US history?
When you put it that way it really sounds shameful. Damn

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #542 on: November 09, 2016, 06:56:58 am »
Bigots won this election, and they are the most difficult people to get through to. Trump spoke to them, Hillary did not (and could not). Now we see if Trumps impossible promises were something his voters actually wanted or if they never gave a fuck.

Offline Tad

• Total Meseta: 6
« Reply #543 on: November 09, 2016, 11:57:29 am »
A editor here in the UK pretty much summed it up a few weeks ago I think. "If literally anyone else was against Trump, this would be over already."

It is a bit worrying though. Regardless of country, there seems to be a return of right wing parties with an ideology I long thought had been stamped out. Sure, there's bound to be a few, but it seems to be growing in voice across the world. We all know those who don't usually vote are coming out in force again and at a guess, I think I know why.

These are the sort of voters who had long given up on voting as none of the parties seemed particularly bothered or willing to help those struggling to get by despite promising they would. Then, a long comes someone who's completely different and isn't afraid to say anything and not say the usual lines thrown out by politicians.

The problem is, they're simply believing a different type of lie and handing power over to an unkown. We've seen a rise of this type of politics across the world lately.

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #544 on: November 09, 2016, 12:12:02 pm »
You need balance between left and right.
The left isn't all-good nor is the right all-bad, regardless of our feelings towards both.
SEG4GES

Offline Tad

« Reply #545 on: November 09, 2016, 12:29:10 pm »
You need balance between left and right.
The left isn't all-good nor is the right all-bad, regardless of our feelings towards both.

I completely agree. There's a center ground that politicians need to work towards. It's painfully obvious here in the UK that the lib dems (center) were the heart and brains behind our government when they and the tories (right) were in a coalition. As soon as that ended, we've had issue after issue from the Tories.

Offline pcm92

• Total Meseta: 3
« Reply #546 on: November 09, 2016, 06:08:38 pm »
I am not going to be biased on here anymore, but I have to know one thing.

Barry, are you still proud to be an American just like you previously said?

I wouldn't want to see that you left the country.

Offline Mengels7

• Total Meseta: 7
« Reply #547 on: November 09, 2016, 08:39:59 pm »
Bigots won this election, and they are the most difficult people to get through to. Trump spoke to them, Hillary did not (and could not). Now we see if Trumps impossible promises were something his voters actually wanted or if they never gave a fuck.

Yep all of us Trump voters are bigots, every single one. My vote was just one big "fuck you" to Mexicans, blacks, women, muslims, gays, and everyone else Trump's platform isn't actually against. You tell 'em Barry.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #548 on: November 09, 2016, 08:59:31 pm »
Hey, if you're mad, own the guy you elected. All of him. You support him? You support that shit.

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #549 on: November 09, 2016, 09:13:52 pm »
Yep all of us Trump voters are bigots, every single one. My vote was just one big "fuck you" to Mexicans, blacks, women, muslims, gays, and everyone else Trump's platform isn't actually against. You tell 'em Barry.
As a muslim I think the problem doesn't lie mostly with Trump's message in 'scapegoating' and pointing fingers at groups, but the followers taking it as a free pass to freely express racist remarks. I think if trump really wants to prove your stance,now that the race is over, he should reject and condemn that kind of behaviour. It is something he hasnt done yet, either becauze he doesnt see the problem with it, or because of strategic reasons in wanting the votes of these idiots. If it's the former than this dude is a big problem. There's enough hate around the world already but thankfully I dont experience direct racism in my country. I can only imagine how that would feel. It would be awful

Offline Mengels7

• Total Meseta: 7
« Reply #550 on: November 09, 2016, 09:31:29 pm »
Hey, if you're mad, own the guy you elected. All of him. You support him? You support that shit.

Support what? The non-existent bigotry the liberals won't quit literally crying over?

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #551 on: November 09, 2016, 10:05:39 pm »
As a muslim I think the problem doesn't lie mostly with Trump's message in 'scapegoating' and pointing fingers at groups, but the followers taking it as a free pass to freely express racist remarks. I think if trump really wants to prove your stance,now that the race is over, he should reject and condemn that kind of behaviour. It is something he hasnt done yet, either becauze he doesnt see the problem with it, or because of strategic reasons in wanting the votes of these idiots. If it's the former than this dude is a big problem. There's enough hate around the world already but thankfully I dont experience direct racism in my country. I can only imagine how that would feel. It would be awful

Even McCain, who I am no fan of, stood up to a woman calling Obama a Muslim. Trump though? He was happy to fan those flames.

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #552 on: November 09, 2016, 10:19:30 pm »
Is Trump racist? I don't know. I do think making that your whole campaign issue leading up to the vote was a bad call for Hillary Clinton. People might disagree but both candidates were bad. I truly felt that Hillary was not a great candidate and had huge problems, her ads should have been focused on the issues and her not being charismatic really screwed her.

Trump was really bad at speaking, I felt like a lot of his slip ups could be avoided. I think he brought that stigma on himself, but is he racist? I don't think he is in a sense, I just think he is like every billionaire that lives in a bubble where he was allowed to do whatever he wanted. Does he want to help out he common man like he states? Probably not, he is probably worried about his legacy more than that, but so is Clinton. But I think part of wanting to have a good legacy means that you have to leave the presidency in a positive light. He wants to be Ronald Reagan of our time. That isn't good, in my opinion.

Its really weird. I just wish in the end both candidates focused on issues instead of mud slinging. The truth is the DNC had a massive failure on their hands. They lost the senate, house and presidency. Where do dems go from here?
« Last Edit: November 09, 2016, 10:21:20 pm by George »

Offline Tad

« Reply #553 on: November 10, 2016, 12:58:02 am »
Support what? The non-existent bigotry the liberals won't quit literally crying over?

Non-existent? It's nonsense like that which scares me about some people. We have all the means to get the information we need about anything now and people still manage to come to the conclusion that it's just liberals moaning. It's exactly the same with the EU vote to leave. Anyone having legitimate concerns are now dubbed "remoaners". It's ridiculous.

« Last Edit: November 10, 2016, 01:13:01 am by Tad »

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #554 on: November 10, 2016, 03:32:04 am »
I think it's important for Democrats to take a good long good at the past 8 years and understand the many mistakes they made along the way. "Bigotry won" shouldn't not part of this equation because if it does, then the Democrat party should also answer for their whitewhasing of problematic groups such as OWS and BLM. And these recent protests with flag burning? Not good. Regardless of how one feels about however won. Same with the recent bizarre California succession thing (which will burn out as soon as the adrenaline stops)

This is just my personal insight on the matter: Democrats have been proactive bullies for the last 8 years. Having institutional, educational, cultural, media and political power under the same roof(so to speak), created a climate in which the american left could attack and deligitimize without suffering any visible backlash. And after 8 years of an unreasonable amount of bullying, it's understandable that things turned out this way.

I'm just confused how the same demographics in Florida, Pennsylvania and such are now racist even though those states gave Obama 's 2nd term.
I would think Obama and Clinton angering Cuban Americans by essentially legitimizing the Castro Regime might have played a larger role in Hillary losing Florida. Or rubbing steel mill workers the wrong way in Michigan, Pennsylvania and Ohio caused Hillary to lose those states. But like I said this is merely my limited perspective.