Author Topic: The Fat Plumber Thread  (Read 82392 times)

Offline Berto

• Total Meseta: 22
Re: The Fat Plumber Thread
« Reply #120 on: May 19, 2022, 09:03:53 pm »
Maybe. I mean a common backstory is that the Mario Bros. were originally from Brooklyn, Earth and on the job they found a warp pipe to the Mushroom Kingdom where they decided to stay. Sex maybe a foreign concept to them. Kinda like the movie Pleasentville. It could be possible there is some sort of suppression field throughout the world of the Mushroom Kingdom forcing storks to be the only means of reproduction for the human residents that live there.

But after seeing New Donk City and the fact Pauline is the mayor, I'm starting to think Mario and Luigi are actually from New Donk City and that NDC is on the same world as the Mushroom Kingdom, meaning the same laws apply there.

And ever since the introduction of the Super Crown, some fans theories that the mushroom people are actually an eusocial race similar to bees. Princess Peach was perhaps once a Toadette and was given the Super Crown because she was chosen to rule over them. And if she is no longer fit to rule a new toadette will take her place.

Seeing how happy-go-lucky and cheerful Mario is...
It's making more sense if he's from New Donk City.
Especially we know people of that town celebrate his returns in Mario Odyssey.

If he's from real human world like New York, I don't think he will be that cheerful.
May be a bit serious.. or darker... or something like this...

Offline Berto

« Reply #121 on: May 20, 2022, 12:00:21 am »
Saudi Arabia Now Owns 5% of Nintendo: Making the Country the 5th Biggest Shareholder

This move by Saudi Arabia reflects the county’s history of previous investments in video game companies over the last couple years. In 2020, Saudi Arabia had purchased 33% of shares for the King of Fighters series developer, SNK, with the intention of becoming majority shareholder by eventually owning 51%. Now, Saudi Arabia owns an astonishing 96% stake in the Japanese-based company.
Additionally, earlier this year, Saudi Arabia acquired 5% ownership of both Capcom, Street Fighter and Resident Evil series developer, and Nexon, totaling to a $1 billion investment.
Lastly, Saudi Arabia had also invested over $3 billion into American video game companies, such as Activision, EA, and Take-Two Interactive, in February of last year.

Article : https://games.mxdwn.com/news/saudi-arabia-now-owns-5-of-nintendo-making-the-country-the-5th-biggest-shareholder/

Offline Mystic Monkey

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #122 on: May 20, 2022, 09:16:45 am »
Seeing how happy-go-lucky and cheerful Mario is...
It's making more sense if he's from New Donk City.
Especially we know people of that town celebrate his returns in Mario Odyssey.

If he's from real human world like New York, I don't think he will be that cheerful.
May be a bit serious.. or darker... or something like this...

Hm... maybe more like this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlH_Ue06FE0
Saudi Arabia Now Owns 5% of Nintendo: Making the Country the 5th Biggest Shareholder

Article : https://games.mxdwn.com/news/saudi-arabia-now-owns-5-of-nintendo-making-the-country-the-5th-biggest-shareholder/
I always imagined Sarasaland being somewhat middle-eastern.... despite the fact it consist of just four kingdoms, two of them based of ancient Egypt and China so I'm obviously well off.

Offline Berto

« Reply #123 on: May 22, 2022, 09:14:51 pm »
Hm... maybe more like this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlH_Ue06FE0I
Mafia life !

always imagined Sarasaland being somewhat middle-eastern.... despite the fact it consist of just four kingdoms, two of them based of ancient Egypt and China so I'm obviously well off.

Agree, and with Daisy's from Sarasaland,
they should've had genie-like dress,
to make it more different than Peach.

Okay, may be not that sexy...
More like this...

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #124 on: May 23, 2022, 06:36:56 am »
Agree, and with Daisy's from Sarasaland,
they should've had genie-like dress,
to make it more different than Peach.

Okay, may be not that sexy...
More like this...

How about this?

Though Nintendo would perhaps not have her with so much bare skin.

I can imagine Sarasaland being like an Islamic Golden Age kingdom. However it is a smaller kingdom in comparison to the Mushroom Kingdom and Daisy feels more free and herself at the Mushroom Kingdom than on her own throne.

At least that's how I imagine it.

Offline Berto

« Reply #125 on: May 23, 2022, 09:44:46 pm »
How about this?

Though Nintendo would perhaps not have her with so much bare skin.

I can imagine Sarasaland being like an Islamic Golden Age kingdom. However it is a smaller kingdom in comparison to the Mushroom Kingdom and Daisy feels more free and herself at the Mushroom Kingdom than on her own throne.

At least that's how I imagine it.

The color is spot on so yeah it's more suited to my vision.
Well ... Daisy feels more free and herself at the Mushroom Kingdom than on her own throne would be a problem for her kingdom...

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #126 on: May 24, 2022, 06:25:22 am »
The color is spot on so yeah it's more suited to my vision.
Well ... Daisy feels more free and herself at the Mushroom Kingdom than on her own throne would be a problem for her kingdom...

I wouldn't be surprise if Arabian Sarasaland has a somewhat backwards culture that may suppress women, especially their own princess, while Mushroom Kingdom is perhaps more like America or European countries that are more forward and free with their people which is why Daisy can be her more tomboyish self.

Of course, given Sarasaland consist of four sub-kingdoms, none of them Arabian in theme, I dunno why people got the idea of Sarasaland being Arabian like.

Offline Berto

« Reply #127 on: May 24, 2022, 09:13:53 pm »
I wouldn't be surprise if Arabian Sarasaland has a somewhat backwards culture that may suppress women, especially their own princess, while Mushroom Kingdom is perhaps more like America or European countries that are more forward and free with their people which is why Daisy can be her more tomboyish self.

Of course, given Sarasaland consist of four sub-kingdoms, none of them Arabian in theme, I dunno why people got the idea of Sarasaland being Arabian like.

May be because the first level looks like a sand area.
Sand area's reminded people to the midle-east Asia.

And also because People thought Daisy had darker skin than Peach.

That turned out that wasn't the case where she's back with her new design in Party and Olympic series.

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #128 on: May 25, 2022, 05:50:46 am »
May be because the first level looks like a sand area.
Sand area's reminded people to the midle-east Asia.

And also because People thought Daisy had darker skin than Peach.

That turned out that wasn't the case where she's back with her new design in Party and Olympic series.

Sarasaland having more arid climate for darker skin is understandable given the first level was suppose to be Egyptian in theme, not Arabian.

Offline Berto

« Reply #129 on: May 26, 2022, 08:30:56 pm »
Sarasaland having more arid climate for darker skin is understandable given the first level was suppose to be Egyptian in theme, not Arabian.

Egypt is an African country where Africa borders with Middle-east Asia.
It's very close to Arabian countries.
Most Egyptians are Arabic-speaking, and they are Muslim.
Even the official language of Egypt is Arabic.

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #130 on: May 27, 2022, 05:34:28 am »
Egypt is an African country where Africa borders with Middle-east Asia.
It's very close to Arabian countries.
Most Egyptians are Arabic-speaking, and they are Muslim.
Even the official language of Egypt is Arabic.
True, but when I think of Egypt, I think of the Pyramids, the Nile with reeds growing along the banks, the pharaohs adorn in while linen and wearing gold and blue. I think of The Prince of Egypt, The Mummy and Exhumed. Old-timey Brits coined the term "Egyptomania" because people liked the aesthetics of ancient Egyptian culture (and it's treasures).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=En2PYkAvBCo

When I think Arabia, I think of the Islamic golden age. I think of marble towers and buildings with onion-shaped roofs, I think of commoners wearing baggy pants and fezzes or turbans. Djinns, carpets and exotic harem dancers which has nothing to do with the modern term for harem. I think One Thousand and One Nights or Disney's Aladdin (even though the original story of Aladdin I think he was Chinese).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSk3JYyGUyI

The only thing Egypt and Arabia have in common would be deserts.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2022, 05:42:30 am by Mystic Monkey »

Offline Berto

« Reply #131 on: May 29, 2022, 08:49:06 pm »
True, but when I think of Egypt, I think of the Pyramids, the Nile with reeds growing along the banks, the pharaohs adorn in while linen and wearing gold and blue. I think of The Prince of Egypt, The Mummy and Exhumed. Old-timey Brits coined the term "Egyptomania" because people liked the aesthetics of ancient Egyptian culture (and it's treasures).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=En2PYkAvBCo

When I think Arabia, I think of the Islamic golden age. I think of marble towers and buildings with onion-shaped roofs, I think of commoners wearing baggy pants and fezzes or turbans. Djinns, carpets and exotic harem dancers which has nothing to do with the modern term for harem. I think One Thousand and One Nights or Disney's Aladdin (even though the original story of Aladdin I think he was Chinese).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSk3JYyGUyI

The only thing Egypt and Arabia have in common would be deserts.

Yes, you're right. Even thought there are other countries that had pyramids, when people say pyramids people would think of Egypt.
Same things with djinns an carpets, people would think of Arab.
Modern times has changed Egypt and Arab a lot, but not all people have went there anyway.

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #132 on: May 30, 2022, 05:55:12 am »
Yes, you're right. Even thought there are other countries that had pyramids, when people say pyramids people would think of Egypt.
Same things with djinns an carpets, people would think of Arab.
Modern times has changed Egypt and Arab a lot, but not all people have went there anyway.
While modern times have changed these places a lot, it's because of culture such as the islamic golden age, 1001 Arabian Nights or even Disney's Aladdin that makes it that whenever people think Arabia they think of magic carpets, genies or Agrabah, even though Arabia is no longer on the map.

Same with Transylvania. Because of Bram Stoker's Dracula and the movie adaptions that follow it, people think Transylvania is some sort of desolate mountain region that barely has much daylight and always dark and creepy.

Here is what the Transylvanian city of Sighișoara looks like:

It's just easy for people to associate a severely outdated theme or aesthetic to certain places even if the modern culture is no longer like it.

Because of that, that's why I regard Egypt and Arabia different in themes.

Offline Berto

« Reply #133 on: May 30, 2022, 08:47:43 pm »
While modern times have changed these places a lot, it's because of culture such as the islamic golden age, 1001 Arabian Nights or even Disney's Aladdin that makes it that whenever people think Arabia they think of magic carpets, genies or Agrabah, even though Arabia is no longer on the map.

Same with Transylvania. Because of Bram Stoker's Dracula and the movie adaptions that follow it, people think Transylvania is some sort of desolate mountain region that barely has much daylight and always dark and creepy.

Here is what the Transylvanian city of Sighișoara looks like:

It's just easy for people to associate a severely outdated theme or aesthetic to certain places even if the modern culture is no longer like it.

Yes, that wasn't what I had in mind when people's talking about Transylvania.
An online friend back then thought I was riding camels for transport when he heard I'm from Indonesia.
He wasn't aware that Indonesia's in south east Asia, a tropical part of the world filled with forests and rivers, very far away from Arabian countries.
I guess not everyone's learning world geography in the school.

Because of that, that's why I regard Egypt and Arabia different in themes.

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #134 on: May 31, 2022, 11:45:54 am »
Yes, that wasn't what I had in mind when people's talking about Transylvania.
An online friend back then thought I was riding camels for transport when he heard I'm from Indonesia.
He wasn't aware that Indonesia's in south east Asia, a tropical part of the world filled with forests and rivers, very far away from Arabian countries.
I guess not everyone's learning world geography in the school.
If I recall, Indonesia is a series of islands between Thailand and Australia... though I'm probably wrong.