Author Topic: Ryu Ga Gotoku Ishin (Kenzan Sequel) [Edo Period]  (Read 69113 times)

Offline Centrale

• Total Meseta: 61
Re: Ryu Ga Gotoku Ishin (Kenzan Sequel) [Edo Period]
« Reply #120 on: March 03, 2014, 06:30:52 pm »
What has this got to do with Ryu Ga Gotoku Ishin?

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #121 on: March 03, 2014, 07:00:56 pm »
RegalSin, your posts really aren't making much sense. Please stick to the topic at hand and try to make posts that people can understand.

You're not exactly breaking rules, but most of your posts are very hard to decipher and the last two in particular don't even have to do with the game the topic is supposed to be about.

Offline RegalSin

• Banned
« Reply #122 on: March 03, 2014, 08:19:13 pm »
What has this got to do with Ryu Ga Gotoku Ishin?

Nobody seems to ever understand anything, It is a comic adventure, I like them but I get so tired when nothing happens. This game seems to also mimic Shenmue in a way as well. Maybe you can understand that.

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #123 on: March 03, 2014, 08:24:48 pm »
I'm staying far away from this one.

Actually, no I can't resist; RegalSin, did you really suggest that Sega should have released VF5 on Dreamcast about 10 years after the console died?
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 09:51:56 pm by MadeManG74 »

Offline maakun2896

• Total Meseta: 2
« Reply #124 on: March 07, 2014, 05:39:57 am »
I think Ishin is the worst RGG ever.

Substories are only 67, and a lot of them are like "give object x to person y"
Revelations have no more funny scenes
The city is big, but there is no countryside(?), forest etc (Kenzan had)
No more hostess (well, "Oiran"), this time you can`t talk, date etc, you can only play 3 minigames
Lot of time to play, but almost everything is BATTLE!
50 levels for battle style, 99+99 base levels, 40 dungeons, so many low drop rate item to collect to make katana, guns etc.
Just battle, battle, battle, no more funny things to do, no more the old, funny, RGG.
Playing Ishin made me want to play old RGGs...
I hope next one will be better...I`m very disappointed.

Offline inthesky

• Total Meseta: 5
  • Altaha Abilia
« Reply #125 on: March 08, 2014, 01:42:41 pm »
Oh shit.

I do remember vaguely one of the sidequests (is that improper?) when playing the Ishin demo; it involved giving a kid an item nearby the area where you can fish. I barely know Japanese, but I think he had been abandoned or left alone by someone or "everyone" (minna?) and he was putting on a tough face but broke down after a while. You counsel him for a bit and his spirits rise.

How is that companion system for dungeon crawling? Does it make the dungeons noticeably easier/would it be fine to progress the dungeons with minimal set ups?
Proud recipient of the second ever Gary Player Award!
I support Shenmue and Skies of Arcadia HD ports!

Offline Emmett The Crab

• Total Meseta: 24
  • Smotrenfu!
    • http://www.CliveBarkerCast.com
« Reply #126 on: March 08, 2014, 11:47:29 pm »
Petition is Online!

Help bring YAKUZA ISHIN! to US & Europe!

http://www.change.org/petitions/sega-corporation-yakuza-ishin-release-for-the-playstation-4-in-the-us-and-europe

I signed it, but why is the goal only 100 signatures?  That's aiming pretty low isn't it?  When we did the petition for Morgan Creek to release the extended version of Clive Barker's Nightbreed, it took 10,000 signatures to get their attention.

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #127 on: March 09, 2014, 12:47:29 am »
Yeah exactly, if it reached like 20,000 signatures, then it matters. (Since thats about as much likes as the Hatsune Miku facebook post by SEGA received in likes.)

Offline inthesky

• Altaha Abilia
« Reply #128 on: March 09, 2014, 02:15:13 pm »
I thought the goals seem to adjust as they are reached.

Offline Shigs

« Reply #129 on: March 22, 2014, 09:44:06 pm »
Finally got around to playing the demo.

How are these fights not over in two seconds? I have a gun now! The swords I can dig, but I think adding the gun is a bit much.

Despite not knowing what the hell I'm doing, I still managed to get through the main story part of the demo. No mini games though. Bummer.

Also downloaded the Puyopuyo/Tetris demo. Anyone know how much this is on the Japanese PSN store?
Grammar Expert Plus

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
« Reply #130 on: March 22, 2014, 10:06:00 pm »

How are these fights not over in two seconds? I have a gun now! The swords I can dig, but I think adding the gun is a bit much.

Despite not knowing what the hell I'm doing, I still managed to get through the main story part of the demo. No mini games though. Bummer.

Also downloaded the Puyopuyo/Tetris demo. Anyone know how much this is on the Japanese PSN store?

Puyopuyo Tetris PS3 version isn't on PSN. You have to import or get the digital vita version. Don't ask me why, I think it's a bad decision. PS3 version should be on PSN, too.

Offline inthesky

• Altaha Abilia
« Reply #131 on: March 22, 2014, 11:40:44 pm »

There's just the fishing minigame I think. I didn't want to actually play it, I lost patience for it when I got to it in Yakuza 3 =P. It's to the far left outside of the building you exit from at the start of the demo, around the corner of the pier.

as for the gun, in the demo it does little damage and the enemies don't recoil much.

I'll go look for that Puyopuyo/Tetris demo though!

Offline Shigs

« Reply #132 on: March 23, 2014, 12:36:47 am »
There's just the fishing minigame I think. I didn't want to actually play it, I lost patience for it when I got to it in Yakuza 3 =P. It's to the far left outside of the building you exit from at the start of the demo, around the corner of the pier.

as for the gun, in the demo it does little damage and the enemies don't recoil much.

I'll go look for that Puyopuyo/Tetris demo though!

That bolded part bothers me. IT'S A FUCKING GUN!! I can accept swords taking a long time to kill no problem. Swords replacing the traditional fighting in the Edo period makes sense, but having guards with swords act like bullet sponges is just ridiculous and unrealistic in every word.
Grammar Expert Plus

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #133 on: March 23, 2014, 06:54:58 am »
That bolded part bothers me. IT'S A FUCKING GUN!! I can accept swords taking a long time to kill no problem. Swords replacing the traditional fighting in the Edo period makes sense, but having guards with swords act like bullet sponges is just ridiculous and unrealistic in every word.

Eh, a sword can kill in one hit too.

And are we really talking about realism in a series that has tiger fighting, escaping from a chasing transvestite, lingerie stealing ninjas and Hercules feat of super strength. I embrace the series isn't realistic at all!

*Also the historical character that Kiryu plays was known to wield a revolver

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #134 on: March 23, 2014, 11:23:38 am »
Not to mention the whole series has had useless guns anyway, it makes sense that this is no exception.
Come to think of it, how come nobody had Heat moves for guns outside of the Dead Souls?