Author Topic: Alien Isolation discussion topic  (Read 56512 times)

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
Re: Alien Isolation discussion topic
« Reply #45 on: January 20, 2014, 10:28:38 am »
Two things

1) I don't think anything that happened with Colonial Marines should effect the way you see Isolation, it's not the same team, it's being handled in house and in all honestly it's got as much to do with Colonial Marines as say, Sonic does... It just so happens to share the source IP and in all honesty even that is debatable as one is based on Alien and the other Aliens which if you ask any Alien fan are very different beasts.

2) I don't think there is much point talking previous CA console games as CA have been building an almost entirely new development team through highering in the UK over the past few years. I'm sure some of the Viking developers are involved too but in general I remember them having a lot of new positions opening up for next gen first person game as far back as 3 years ago.

Oh and
3) I didn't really care for Spartan but I actually really enjoyed Viking in fact I felt it was an awesome concept but fell short on its potential. I think I even wrote an article on it here. Something like '10 potential improvements for Viking 2' or some such. But I did enjoy it.
Made by SEGA

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #46 on: April 21, 2014, 08:21:31 am »
Have to say that Aliens: Isolation is lookin' migthy fine based on these last videos that Sega's been releasing.

Offline fernandeath

• Total Meseta: 3

Offline RegalSin

• Banned
« Reply #48 on: April 26, 2014, 08:49:00 pm »
1. Ripley daughter married and is a little old lady, when she wakes up. Ripley does not want to see her, or she is dead.

2. That is stupid, real, stupid, her daughter obviously, would get on with her life, not go "Lara Croft" on us.

3. Why is she even their. I know the game is suppose to be like that Shin Mega Tenshi, horror game for the PSX, but of course it is Alien. I mean duh lets make it a game, where you barely have any fire power, and your being hunted by the Alien.

4. Live-A-Live...........no seriously, better done this, and of course the FF8 mini game. Their are more theirs. I bring this up, because they did it first.

5. So on one hand instead of Shin Mega Tenshi, or Square, it is SEGA? with a commercial license.

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #49 on: May 08, 2014, 09:05:40 am »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJOuUP1UZDg

New trailer!

All about the cast. This game has a definitive Outlast vibe.

Offline Emmett The Crab

• Total Meseta: 24
  • Smotrenfu!
    • http://www.CliveBarkerCast.com
« Reply #50 on: May 08, 2014, 04:16:51 pm »
I don't understand how the Nostromo is still intact when Ripley detonated the engines and blew it up 15 years earlier.

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #51 on: May 10, 2014, 02:51:09 pm »
They are not on the Nostromo, They are on 'The Savastapol' (sp?) a remote colony that picked up the Nostormo's black box flight recorder.
Made by SEGA

Offline Emmett The Crab

• Smotrenfu!
« Reply #52 on: May 11, 2014, 02:48:41 am »
They are not on the Nostromo, They are on 'The Savastapol' (sp?) a remote colony that picked up the Nostormo's black box flight recorder.
Well that's weird.  Why does the dinner table look exactly the same down to the little drinking bird thing?

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
« Reply #53 on: May 14, 2014, 04:56:16 am »
This is also the first in-house Alien game from SEGA, so I suppose they are keeping an eye on it's development closely.

Nah, ALIEN3:THE GUN was the first Alien Sega in house game. ALIEN ISOLATION will most likely be accepted as the second one.

Offline Centrale

• Total Meseta: 61
« Reply #54 on: May 14, 2014, 10:11:17 am »
Well that's weird.  Why does the dinner table look exactly the same down to the little drinking bird thing?

Probably just as an homage to the movie. But as a child of the '70s I can attest to the fact that there was a huge craze for those drinky-birds (don't actually know what they're properly called). Kind of like bobbleheads a decade ago, or the various trends you see in window stickers on the backs of peoples' cars (stick figure families currently, Calvin peeing on whatever the car owner doesn't like previously). So it's not completely unbelievable to presume that those drinky-birds would be popular at the time of the future world of Alien... although it is odd that the table would be arranged identically on two different vessels.

Offline Emmett The Crab

• Smotrenfu!
« Reply #55 on: May 14, 2014, 04:36:54 pm »
I was a child of the '70's too.  I don't remember those being that popular.  Maybe I've seen them a couple of times in my life.

Offline RegalSin

• Banned
« Reply #56 on: May 14, 2014, 06:55:37 pm »
I think the reason, the tilta bird, thing ( which was very popular even during the 1990's ), was on the table, was in the movie, hinting of the idea, of being away, and having fun things on board the ship. They said "hey in space, you will have this and that, blah blah", and with the gravity, those things would be amazing up their. Mainly because you need something to stare at while doing something.

Like when you go to work, and your unhappy, so you start to look at something else, when you should be working. Another idea, would be the elimination of cell phones ( since crap like that did not exsist in Alien timeline ), and r-tard devices. Since they have already established the idea, they would be out in space, without any radio activity.

Another thing to look at is the prequel to "Alien", "Darkstar" and what they did in their free-time. Alien just did it professionally, and mildly, since it was no longer the 1970's, but the horrible 1980's. You know where everything just sucks the fun out of everything. It stayed like that until the 1990's, and then it got brought back during the post 20XX years. It is like how, I still use a wind up clock, over a digital clock ( saves money ), just to have that sound effect.

So I would imagine a whole entire room of junk like that, sitting around, until people do live in space, and wants to purposely dress up their space like in an Alien, or favorite space movie. That is how interior decorating is going to go down in the year 3018. It will be like, you got your magazines, just like the one ash had, your personally computer room to "collate" in, and of course your wet steamy, hydrological sections, for you know what.

Just Fabbbbbaaalluuaaassss.....

Offline Berto

• Total Meseta: 23
« Reply #57 on: October 30, 2020, 11:35:48 pm »
The History of Creative Assembly (Total War / Alien Isolation) - Documentary

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2dFl3YFCoo

Offline Berto

« Reply #58 on: October 30, 2020, 11:38:24 pm »
How Alien Isolation Survived its Difficult Development

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNIfQzAOKT4

Offline Berto

« Reply #59 on: October 30, 2020, 11:51:56 pm »
Happy Spooky Season from SEGA !!!

We have some scary discounts to celebrate!
Get up to 75% off terrifying SEGA titles like Alien: Isolation (and all its DLC!),
Condemned: Criminal Origins and two Total War: WARHAMMER II DLC!
Get your bargains here: https://store.steampowered.com/app/214490/Alien_Isolation/