Author Topic: Zelda Wii U has been delayed, won't come out 2015  (Read 15136 times)

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
Re: Zelda Wii U has been delayed, won't come out 2015
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2015, 09:25:55 pm »
I did kinda go off on a tangent at first, yeah. Really the main point I was trying to make was that if you don't want to piss off console fanboys, don't make the same kind of bad console fanboy claims.

But you literally asked why Sega being successful in the mobile market was a bad thing in your second post. So sorry for giving you the response you asked for, I guess. :|

It's not a claim though dude, it was a simple fact. SEGA got into the mobile market years before Nintendo. What is there for Nintendo fans to get pissed off about? Nintendo took over 15 years to get into the business, it was money waiting to be had and they finally got around to doing it. Good for them, but they're pretty fucking late to the party. That was my point.

And what is wrong with SEGA being successful in the console market? They put a product out there, people bought it.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2015, 09:32:20 pm by Barry the Nomad »

Offline Nirmugen

• Total Meseta: 11
  • Sneaking around in the city with blue,blue skies
« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2015, 10:14:43 pm »
Yeah, this E3 is gonna be interesting. Both Sony and Nintendo will need to fill the empty space of their holiday releases/system seller exclusive game/overall perfomance in  2015. Microsoft has Halo 5 in works....until new advise.

Don't get me wrong, I know that Nintendo will get a plenty of good software coming out this year and Sony will sell PS4 as crazy like currently but now both need a boost in terms of hardware (WiiU) and software (PS4 exclusives) respectively. They are gonna be in big problems if someone don't do anything.

Microsoft already has plans for fusing the Xbox brand with Windows or should I say get rid of the  console brand to compete with Steam and Streaming services.

VR could be a thing, an expensive thing that casual consumer isn't gonna to try or buy it.

Offline Berto

• Total Meseta: 23
« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2015, 11:29:39 pm »
Do you think WiiU will still have third party support this year?
'cause I doubt it and imo it's not Nintendo's fault, it's their fansbase.
Seems like they don't want to buy anything that isn't Mario, Zelda, or Pokemon.

For example, Wii U fans reactions towards Nintendo games versus non-Nintendo games that get the same score of 7 in Nintendolife be like :
Hyrule Warrors: 'It's fun!'
Sonic Lost World: 'It's garbage!'

Sega stuck around longer than most other publishers, yet they continue to bash him.
After bad sales of their three exclusive Sonic games for WiiU, I doubt they want to touch WiiU again.
Tembo The Badass Elephant is the first sign of it.

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2015, 12:20:41 am »
This thread has become weird. I can definitly agree that SEGA was vastly better than nintendo. SEGA's games functioned a whole lote more complex and more impressive. Also looked a lot more apealing. I think one of the marketing guys was on point. Snes may have had the better hardware, But SEGA utilized their hardware alot better. I always say this in support of 1st party only.

But these are different times. This news sucks major balls. But this news also proves exactly why nintendo's mentality, and as a result gamedesign gets my preferation today over SEGA's. I hate waiting especially now I got older. But compared to the crap we got from SEGA in the last decade, I wish SEGA could also work with the same mentality. I say "could" because I know they cant. Too risky and SEGA's IP's arent as strong as they used to.

Offline TimmiT

• Total Meseta: 8
    • Sonic Retro
« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2015, 02:00:55 am »
It's not a claim though dude, it was a simple fact. SEGA got into the mobile market years before Nintendo. What is there for Nintendo fans to get pissed off about? Nintendo took over 15 years to get into the business, it was money waiting to be had and they finally got around to doing it. Good for them, but they're pretty fucking late to the party. That was my point.

And what is wrong with SEGA being successful in the console market? They put a product out there, people bought it.
I guess it's just Nintendo fanboys being fanboys and complaining about someone seemingly saying that Nintendo was bad for not joining the mobile market sooner, unlike SEGA which is clearly superior in that regard.

And I assume you meant mobile market rather than console market. No problem with the way they are doing things on consoles outside of how they handled the DLC for Alien: Isolation. But on mobile the way that they succeed negatively impacts the design of the games. Rather than them being about getting the highest score by pure skill, they're about getting the highest score by getting the right score boosters, which you get by buying some sort of in-game currency. Sometimes with the score boosters that you get being randomized. That's how it works in games like Sonic Dash, Crazy Taxi City Rush, and Sonic Runners.

And with how successful those kinds of games are for SEGA, they're probably going to continue to design their mobile games like that. Which is great if you want the company to do well financially, but not so great if you actually want their games to actually be good. They're designed in ways not to make the best game possible for the consumer, but to get the most amount of money out of them. Particularly out of the whales (a very small percentage of players who spend a lot of money on F2P games), as a lot of the revenue those games make comes from them.

Also, just so you don't get the wrong impression: I fully expect Nintendo to do the same. They may not have made mobile games before, but they've certainly experimented with mobile gaming trends on the 3DS. See Rusty's Real Deal Baseball and, well, this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqzXNdiGzXo

Anyway, this kinda went very off-topic. I'll just stop talking about this now.

Offline Trippled

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #35 on: March 30, 2015, 08:39:37 am »
E3 is going to be a strange one this year. Nintendo has to have something to fill the void at the end of this year, and at this point I hope it's Super Mario Sunshine HD. That's the only thing I can imagine they could turn around in a few months that would make the Zelda delay sting less. Might seem like a strange choice, but I'm dying to play that game again after seeing the TLC that Wind Waker got on WiiU.

I do hope that Next Level or Retro have something to show this year, but to expect them to launch late this year would be stunning since they've been so quiet since releasing their previous games.

Nintendo's phone games are their main event this year.

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #36 on: March 30, 2015, 12:38:19 pm »
and information on the NX. If the NX is a console replacement, I don't see myself supporting Nintendo consoles anymore. Sorry, they would need to have quite a bit of great games for me to give a shit.

Though I do admit that Nintendo has a decent lineup without Zelda. Splatoon is suppose to be a game from up and coming talent at Nintendo (but I have a feeling most Nintendo fans will ignore it), Xenoblade X looks awesome (but the first one was ignored by fans) and they have a few side platforming games that don't look that bad.

The issue here we have is that Nintendo has been pushing away from 3rd parties since N64 days, the Gamecube improved it but I don't see it ever being fixed. I have a feeling that lack of 3rd party support will force Nintendo to leave the console business and/or change their outlook (wait isn't that what NX is doing?)

I would say I doubt that mobile games will be a E3 focus... mostly because its the wrong market and the wrong way to sell Wii U units... but then again this is the company that used up a bulk of their time for Wii Music.

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #37 on: March 30, 2015, 01:01:37 pm »
There's a lot of reasons why nintendo wont be ready for a new console for at least a couple of years. One of the reasons is that pulling a SEGA would have bigger consequences today with the internet. Relitivly speaking SEGA got away with the dreamcast pretty well after 32x, cd and saturn. I dont think that'd be possible today

Unless nintendo wants to go find a new audience again, they will have to satisfy and earn consumers respect. Its common sense really.

In my opinion launching a new console in the next 2 years would be stupid and would guarentee nintendo's next console to flop even harder.
I dont consider nintendo the most tech savy/experienced company. But i dont think the people are as stupid as the average armchair analyst you see on the net
« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 01:19:51 pm by CrazyT »

Offline segaismysavior

• Total Meseta: 3
  • Martini in one hand, switchblade in the other
« Reply #38 on: March 30, 2015, 06:57:51 pm »

Too bad they can't pull a Konami and charge people for a quick, in-advance demo of the rad features they already showed.  :P

and information on the NX. If the NX is a console replacement, I don't see myself supporting Nintendo consoles anymore.

I'm pretty sure they already stated there will be no info about NX until 2016. Even then, I wouldn't expect it to actually release until late 2017.

Offline SOUP

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #39 on: March 31, 2015, 12:53:34 pm »
I'm looking forward to Zelda whenever it does come out.
I'm interested to see if Nintendo announces anything to fill the gap at the end of this year at E3.

I'm pretty used to the spaced out releases on the Wii U, so it doesn't bother me much.
There's still Splatoon, Yoshi, Xenoblade Chronicles X, Star Fox, and whatever else they decide to announce to keep me busy this year. Plus, it's not like there aren't other consoles to keep people busy.