Author Topic: Yuji Naka should reveal this month a PS3/360 action game!  (Read 8816 times)

Offline Deefy

• Total Meseta: 6
  • SupporterOfSEGA & F.C.Internazionale
Yuji Naka should reveal this month a PS3/360 action game!
« on: October 02, 2010, 05:05:34 am »
I've posted this on the SEGA Discussion Board, but if not appropriate move out.

the article: http://http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=267744
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Guest »
SEGA STYLE

Offline fluffymoochicken

• Total Meseta: 0
Re: Yuji Naka should reveal this month a PS3/360 action game!
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2010, 06:03:08 am »
Oh Naka, please don't let it be a motion controlled game. Really, please.

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2010, 06:05:34 am »
Posted and most likely will not, if its the same game he has been teasing since Let's Dance. I mean, Move and Kinect where not a concept, at least not Kinect. They bought the company in like 2008?

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2010, 06:57:26 am »
What's this got to do with Sega? I thought this site was about sega matters only, so unless you guys know for sure this game is coming from sega, i really don't know wehy its on the front page. And this criticism goes on other former sega personell who happens to find themselves on the front page. if it ain't sega it shouldn't be considered newsworthy. Forumworthty but that's it.

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2010, 07:12:28 am »
He worked at SEGA, we are fans of his work. I don't think it will destroy the world letting fans of his prior series' know what he is up to. I know you disagree, but you can just scroll over the post.

Offline Orta

• Total Meseta: 5
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2010, 07:18:22 am »
He doesn't actually reveal his publisher in his statement. Funny.

Offline ROJM

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2010, 07:33:42 am »
Quote from: "George"
He worked at SEGA, we are fans of his work. I don't think it will destroy the world letting fans of his prior series' know what he is up to. I know you disagree, but you can just scroll over the post.
On every single game that you know for SURE isn't coming to sega? No you're either sega bits IE Sega matters only or you aren't. You can't have it both ways.

Yes he did some minimal good for sega(No he didn't create the character of sonic or create the engine he's the coder before anyone jump on my throat)But that doesn't mean you have to follow EVERYTHING the guy does. Its not like you post anything on what the former Sega heads that actually did something for sega are up to.

Offline Sega Uranus

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Thank You For Playing ECCO ECCO ECCO
    • The SEGA Source
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2010, 09:03:26 am »
Quote from: "ROJM"
On every single game that you know for SURE isn't coming to sega? No you're either sega bits IE Sega matters only or you aren't. You can't have it both ways.

Yes he did some minimal good for sega(No he didn't create the character of sonic or create the engine he's the coder before anyone jump on my throat)But that doesn't mean you have to follow EVERYTHING the guy does. Its not like you post anything on what the former Sega heads that actually did something for sega are up to.

George focused on SEGAbits being a SEGA fan site, so anything partially related to SEGA, even if just minor stuff is good enough for him. That also gives him more to post.

It helps him stand out I think. While a site like mine would probably be considered much more boring next to this. Barry's Junkyard sites or SEGA Shiro also have a much different set of styles too. Just different ideals, and if we all wanted to have the same kind of news throughout, then what is the point of visiting more than one at all? Frankly I spend a lot of my time going around SEGA sites just because I enjoy the different type of fans the company brings.

The SEGAbits forums would be really boring if we just talked about SEGA stuff and nothing else I think. I do not really go to any other site for game related discussions because I really enjoy/appreciate everyone here's opinions over something like GAF's, and they are usually much more mature than most other game related sites I can even find.

Offline Dr. SEGA Monkey

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2010, 09:48:42 am »
Joe, don't you remember that SEGA gets "first dibs" on any game made my PROPE? If SEGA decides that they don't want to publish the game, PROPE is then allowed to go to other publishers.

So until a publisher is announced, it should be considered SEGA news. 8-)

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2010, 09:59:28 am »
I'm excited to see what he's got  and if it's good, hope it's gonna belong with SEGA, and if it's great, i'm gonna convert to a Yuju Naka fan instead of sonic lol  8-)

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2010, 10:28:49 am »
Quote from: "Dr. SEGA Monkey"
Joe, don't you remember that SEGA gets "first dibs" on any game made my PROPE? If SEGA decides that they don't want to publish the game, PROPE is then allowed to go to other publishers.

So until a publisher is announced, it should be considered SEGA news. 8-)

Quite right, for instance Namco published Ivy the kiwi
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline Orta

• Total Meseta: 5
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2010, 01:52:19 pm »
Mario & Sonic was Naka's idea. Shocker.

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2010, 05:52:35 pm »
It's also possible that Yuji Naka's action game is probably going to use Move and Kinect.

But evidently Naka's a man with many ideas: not only is he interested in new technologies such as Move and Kinect - he's already built games for them.

"Yes I'm very much excited about the new technologies," Naka said. "I'm hoping I can create something exciting using those new technologies.

"Actually," he revealed, "I worked on two games that unfortunately didn't come out and those two games used those two technologies you just mentioned."

Of course, that second quote kinda derails that.

Offline cube_b3

• Total Meseta: 3
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2010, 11:01:11 pm »
He consistently cancels his games, and keeps releasing mobile games to compensate for the investment.

Offline ROJM

« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2010, 06:27:07 am »
Quote from: "Sega Uranus"
Quote from: "ROJM"

George focused on SEGAbits being a SEGA fan site, so anything partially related to SEGA, even if just minor stuff is good enough for him. That also gives him more to post.

It helps him stand out I think. While a site like mine would probably be considered much more boring next to this. Barry's Junkyard sites or SEGA Shiro also have a much different set of styles too. Just different ideals, and if we all wanted to have the same kind of news throughout, then what is the point of visiting more than one at all? Frankly I spend a lot of my time going around SEGA sites just because I enjoy the different type of fans the company brings.

The SEGAbits forums would be really boring if we just talked about SEGA stuff and nothing else I think. I do not really go to any other site for game related discussions because I really enjoy/appreciate everyone here's opinions over something like GAF's, and they are usually much more mature than most other game related sites I can even find.
I didn't say the forums now did I? I said it shouldn't really be on the front page when you have no idea if the game is headed towards Sega. The forums is a different story but as far as news no way. And before someone else brings up that deal, that was scrapped a while back.

And I too go on many sites and most of them aren't that different.