Author Topic: Hobbies  (Read 18229 times)

Offline jordan328

• Banned
Re: Hobbies
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2021, 07:37:56 am »
I like reading books, watching movies and collect swords.

Offline Mystic Monkey

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2021, 09:35:55 am »
Perhaps not a "hobby", more of obsessive behavior I had since I was a child... I always wanted to make video games but never got round to it. I have been jotting down my ideas for fan games and original games.

I have plenty of ideas for fan games, especially based on Sega franchises. I would love to make "my" Sonic fan game someday. It's called "Sonic Ultimate" because I want it to be the ultimate tribute I can give to Sonic.
But not just Sonic games, I have ideas for reboots for Alex Kidd, Golden Axe, The House of the Dead, Fighting Vipers and new games for Columns IVever, Sega Superstars VR and other ideas I keep on various .rtf files.

Not just game ideas for games but also ideas for other things, like... does anyone remember "Captain N: The Game Master"? Well I'm sure I'm not the first who came up with a "Captain S" concept but I have made character designs and lists of episode ideas for full two seasons worth.
And that's just fan projects. I do have original projects in mind.
I also have a Christmas book idea full of creative answers parents can give their children about Santa Claus and Christmas. The kind of book I can imagine a franchise out of it... which is why I also have a Christmas game in mind.

Before Paramount, I even had my own idea for a Sonic movie.

Then there is my fantasy world manuscript (dragons, elves, dwarves etc) which I think needs to be revised more to be more unique from other fantasy franchises such as Tolkein, D&D or Warcraft etc, but with the right art-direction could stand to be more unique. I like to imagine a whole MMORPG based on this fantasy world, a large open world like Skyrim or Warcraft, but with gameplay similar to Phantasy Star Online 2. I would love to make a quest that make reference to Sonic in such a world.

The reason why I mostly regard my hobby as an obsession is because I've always wanted to make games since I was a child and came up with plenty of ideas... but I'm in my 30s now and I just never got round to making them.

My current project, which is on hiatus due to C# complications, is a Puyo Puyo VR game. I decided to redo it as a regular 3D game and then make it a VR game afterwards but at this pace it'll probably end up another failure.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2021, 09:43:48 am by Mystic Monkey »

Offline javierxander

« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2021, 08:07:27 pm »
My hobby is to read books mostly related to psychology, spirituality, emotional intelligence and life counselling. I think these topics are not too much covered in our lives and despite they are very important for our lives.

Offline natashatite

« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2021, 11:52:40 pm »
I love buying fashion accessories and wearables because as an extrovert I need to meet many people and have to attend many parties and meetings. So, to cope up with my social circle I need some good clothes, watches, wallets, pouches, bags, shoes and other sustainable leather products. So, it is also my hobby.