Author Topic: Team Ninja head wants to do Virtua Fighter x Dead or Alive  (Read 5756 times)

Offline Chaosmaster8753

• Total Meseta: 4
Team Ninja head wants to do Virtua Fighter x Dead or Alive
« on: March 01, 2012, 01:26:29 pm »
I'm a little surprised no one here's talked about this yet:

http://www.complex.com/video-games/2012/02/team-ninja-wants-to-make-dead-or-alive-x-virtua-fighter

Team Ninja chief Yosuke Hayashi said that he'd be very interested in developing a game that combines Dead or Alive with another fighting franchise. Speaking with Edge, Hayashi said that he and his staff would love to collaborate with another studio on a fighter mash-up รก la Street Fighter x Tekken.

"In terms of collaboration titles, there are staff on our team who just love fighting games and if there was any chance to do that we'd actively, possibly do that," said Hayashi.

When asked what series he'd want to square off with the Dead or Alive roster, Hayashi said that Dead or Alive x Virtua Fighter would be his personal dream partnership, explaining that "Virtua Fighter was the father of 3D gaming, so it's very well respected."

If Street Fighter x Tekken is successful, it will open the door to any number of wild franchise crossovers. Would you be interested in a Dead or Alive x Virtua Fighter  dual-studio fighting franchise? Let us know in the comments!

Offline Centrale

• Total Meseta: 61
Re: Team Ninja head wants to do Virtua Fighter x Dead or Alive
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2012, 07:10:22 pm »
Dead or Alive ain't nothing but a button masher.  It'd be like combining a Ferrari with a bowl of mashed potatoes.

Offline Kori-Maru

• Total Meseta: 9
  • AMS Kagekidan sanjou-desu!
    • The Website of the Dead
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2012, 05:16:04 pm »
I'll probably prefer a Street Fighter X Virtual Fighter game or Sega X Capcom.

www.thewebsiteofthedead.com ~ The House of the Dead Unofficial fan site

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2012, 06:34:48 pm »
Sega X Capcom would be cool, so long as Sega let AM2 do their version.

Offline segaismysavior

• Total Meseta: 3
  • Martini in one hand, switchblade in the other
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2012, 10:24:10 am »
Here's a video of said surprise guest.

Even knowing he was gonna show up after the first match, the second I heard the Virtua Fighter player-select sound, I grinned like a little kid.  :)

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2012, 10:50:23 am »
Spotted this vid elsewhere online! Very cool stuff! Posted up a news story. :D

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2012, 12:12:04 pm »
Clever really, since Sega is publishing the game as well so theyu have some sort of control over it. Funny how things go round, its sort of a homecoming in a way since DoA started live on Sega hardware.

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2012, 03:15:31 pm »
I am genuinely surprised by this. I remember hearing they wanted to make a DOA vs VF game, but thought that was all just talk that wouldn't amount to anything.

Pretty cool bonus actually, I couldn't watch the vid that closely since the net seems to be lagging, but looks like they altered his playing style to fit DOA quite nicely.

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2012, 06:15:15 pm »
When I saw this on my twitter feed I thought it was an early April Fool's prank, but wow... Seriously wow.

Kinda of'an odd choice. I would expect them to put someone like Sarah, Pai and other of the girls, but since it's DOA, SEGA probably had the presence of mind not to oversexualize their characters.

So Akira is a great choice. I hope he's a little more accessible to control, 'cause based on my VF 5 experience. Akira is meant for expert players.

Offline Chaosmaster8753

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2012, 08:41:04 pm »
Kinda of'an odd choice. I would expect them to put someone like Sarah, Pai and other of the girls, but since it's DOA, SEGA probably had the presence of mind not to oversexualize their characters.

DoA5 is trying to tone down some of the more sexual elements.

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2012, 09:50:01 pm »
This is like my 2002 wet dream coming true. I used to love VF games on Saturn and really got into DOA2 on DC. FUCK U TEKKEN  :)

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2012, 07:16:22 am »
I am genuinely surprised by this. I remember hearing they wanted to make a DOA vs VF game, but thought that was all just talk that wouldn't amount to anything.

Pretty cool bonus actually, I couldn't watch the vid that closely since the net seems to be lagging, but looks like they altered his playing style to fit DOA quite nicely.

Nice but i don't think some traditionalists will like this. sega's going a bit cross over crazy lately but at least they are making them count.

Offline Psycho Echidna

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2012, 03:16:47 am »
I think this is a good initiative but as doa and vf plays differently, i am very curious to see how it will be implemented.

I like doa but clearly it is a button masher , compared to vf. So putting vf most technical character will provide a preview of what a cross-over would be. If playing akira is deep enough in doa play style, i think the other characters will be a piece of cake.

Purists will not like it, for sure.

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2012, 01:20:18 pm »
Clever really, since Sega is publishing the game as well so theyu have some sort of control over it. Funny how things go round, its sort of a homecoming in a way since DoA started live on Sega hardware.

I don't think SEGA is . All I will say its this is a nice Team up and VF 6 must being something Mega speical if SEGA is confident enough to let Akria into the likes of this, Given that DOA 5 even in Alpha stage looks so bloody amazing in the GFX.

VF 6 must be something very special indeed

Like you day is nice to see SEGA and Team Ninja team up again , both are good Teams it be nice to see this Team up continue
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure