Author Topic: Movies Of 2017  (Read 37021 times)

Offline Shun-Di

• Total Meseta: 1
Re: Movies Of 2017
« Reply #45 on: April 17, 2017, 03:22:23 pm »
https://youtu.be/zB4I68XVPzQ

1,000,000 Republic credits say the only tidbits they showed in the trailer is the only plot in the movie. 
Be like water.

Offline pcm92

• Total Meseta: 3
« Reply #46 on: April 17, 2017, 05:18:33 pm »
Is Rey the last Jedi or is it Luke?

Can Finn be a jedi?

Will the princess die just like Han Solo?

How does Rey know how to beat a Sith Lord without training?

These questions are the result of how Disney is destroying Star Wars.

Offline Shun-Di

« Reply #47 on: April 17, 2017, 06:36:52 pm »

Can Finn be a jedi?

Disney doesn't care about the story.  They care about marketing toys.  They completely missed what made Star Wars awesome, the mythology as well as the setting and characters.  Say what you will about the prequels, at least they were coherent. 
Be like water.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #48 on: April 17, 2017, 09:23:32 pm »
-_- Disney doesn't make Star Wars, Lucasfilm does. While Disney did acquire Lucasfilm, it is largely the same company. Even George appointed Kathleen Kennedy before the sale was made.

Offline Tad

• Total Meseta: 6
« Reply #49 on: April 18, 2017, 11:00:27 am »

Can Finn be a jedi?

1) I suspect Luke is and will be the last Jedi with his final act being to train Rey in the ways of the force. As seen before, the Jedi ideology is heavily flawed and results in people falling to the darkside. I think Rey will just be herself and sit on the "grey" side.

2) I don't think he will be. Maybe like Rey in the end where he's trained but not a jedi etc.

3) Nope. They've already said Leia will continue on through CGI like Rouge One.

4) Answer number 1

Offline pcm92

« Reply #50 on: April 18, 2017, 07:23:26 pm »
1) I suspect Luke is and will be the last Jedi with his final act being to train Rey in the ways of the force. As seen before, the Jedi ideology is heavily flawed and results in people falling to the darkside. I think Rey will just be herself and sit on the "grey" side.

That's kind of boring to see, but you're probably right.

2) I don't think he will be. Maybe like Rey in the end where he's trained but not a jedi etc.

I think he was the best new character in 7. Great story of a rise to power for the good, coming from his dark background.

3) Nope. They've already said Leia will continue on through CGI like Rouge One.

It's good to hear this because I am a big fan of Carrie and I was shocked when I found out she died.

4) Answer number 1

Can you be more specific? I still don't know how she was able to take down a Sith Lord, use mind control, and master a lightsaber without force training. Every other Jedi has to go through it. Why didn't she have to? What makes her special?

Offline Tad

« Reply #51 on: April 19, 2017, 02:31:20 am »
Rey's rough upbringing made her strong as a character. She's no expert, but she knows a lot about technology and how to fight due to her roots as a scavenger. She's clearly strong with the force and is able to listen to it in times of need, but there's still a lot of questions around Rey's past that we don't know about. I'm guessing this has something to do with people fleeing the empire back when they were at their strongest.

As for her fight with Kylo, he isn't a sith lord. He's an apprentice who was badly injured before they fought. Commander Snoke seems to be acting like a sith lord, but again, we don't know the full story behind him.

Offline Tad

« Reply #52 on: May 23, 2017, 12:09:34 pm »
Alien Covenant seems to have landing with a bit of a thud:

https://youtu.be/1kgnBVFxxFg

Maybe he's right and it's time to just let the series die. It might be worth starting from a blank canvas if they want to create a horror film like this. Least then it doesn't carry all the weight and anticipation.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2017, 12:12:34 pm by Tad »

Offline pcm92

« Reply #53 on: June 05, 2017, 09:51:34 pm »
Does anyone know if Wonder Woman is as good as it's hyped up to be?

Offline Shun-Di

« Reply #54 on: June 05, 2017, 11:13:23 pm »

Suicide Squad was hyped beyond belief and didn't deliver, but Wonder Woman looks alright from the trailers.  I hear good things, but then my friends and family get excited over every single movie.  Heck I still haven't seen Guardians 2 yet.  Schedule has been completely taken by everything else going on in my life.  Meanwhile at home I've been marathoning video game movies on youtube like Legacy of Kain series and Shenmue 1 and 2.  Hey I'm broke atm.  haha.  At least I know they're good and I don't waste my money on crappy overbloated hollywood excuses for films.
Be like water.

Offline Tad

« Reply #55 on: June 06, 2017, 01:20:35 am »
At least I know they're good and I don't waste my money on crappy overbloated hollywood excuses for films.

I second this.

It's been this way for a while now, but I honestly think Hollywood has ran out of ideas which has resulted in them taking ideas from other material. We get the odd book adaptation that's a hit, then we've had the countless comic book films and when they're really playing it safe they'll go for old films/shows that were hits when the audience was younger.

People that say the comic book films are more serious than the older attempts should probably go back and rewatch the older films. Both are quite silly really. Also, the award shows are nonsense as there has been numerous people who voted film A to be the best of that year despite not even seeing it.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2017, 07:25:31 am by Tad »

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #56 on: June 06, 2017, 04:22:17 am »
I think both Batman v Superman and Suicide Squad were treated a bit unfairly by critics. Neither movie is flawless, on the contrary. But neither movie's flaws deserved the amount of spite they received. Wonder Woman, on the other hand, is a solid A movie.

It does almost everything right. It did Wonder Woman, Paradise Island and some of the weirder aspects of the WW mythos seem beleivable. It works as a World War 1 movie too. However, many critics were saying this movie is much more upbeat and less dark, I kindly disagree because this presents a less than flattering depiction of WW 1. Other than that, Chris Pine is amazing as Steve Tretor. He's basically Steve Rogers without super powers and he's even got his team of lovable brothers in arms. Massive kudos to Patty Jankins and such, however, some credit does have to go to Zack Snyder because he was an integral part of it.

One of the movies that I'm getting less and less impressed by the trailers is Spiderman: Homecoming. I don't know if it's because it's the third reboot in a short time, or Iron Man's presence in the movie, something just feels off. I get Spidey being a teenager, but the way he's being portrayed in the movie feels very off

Offline Tad

« Reply #57 on: June 06, 2017, 07:40:13 am »
I'd say it's a mixture of things really. Being another reboot seems pointless as we all know who and what Spiderman is, but it could also be the fact that he seems to be aimed at the next generation of teens which struggle with their ego's as social media and so on make them think they're important.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2017, 07:43:31 am by Tad »

Offline Berto

• Total Meseta: 22
« Reply #58 on: June 07, 2017, 04:34:46 am »

Yeah, it's that good. The movie is inspiring as superhero movies should be.
Also Ares is a badass villain.
Marvel has a chance to make this kind of badass villain with Ben Kingsley and Fox has a chance with Oscar Isaac but they ruined it.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #59 on: June 12, 2017, 10:36:28 am »
I loved Wonder Woman, best comic book movie I've seen in theaters since Logan.