Author Topic: Aliens: Colonial Marines  (Read 113402 times)

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines
« Reply #255 on: March 07, 2013, 12:56:32 pm »
Seems like you missed the point of the article completely

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
« Reply #256 on: March 08, 2013, 05:33:22 am »
Seems like you missed the point of what a game journo is supposed to be about. Not surprising, really.

Offline thearcticsea

• Total Meseta: 7
« Reply #257 on: March 08, 2013, 06:03:27 am »
As a holder of a degree in Journalism, I can say without doubt that there has never actually existed a "game journalist". Journalists are impartial to their subjects. Game journalists have sought out their job because of they are in fact partial to videogames. They love videogames enough that they want to make talking about them their life's profession. This excludes the possibility that they will report impartially, and therefore, they are not real journalists.

Not to even mention that any really intelligent, thoughtful journalism student worth their salt is going to want to do something more... important. What do you expect from any entertainment journalist?

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
« Reply #258 on: March 08, 2013, 09:24:59 am »
At a time there wasn't any film journalists either, now its a recognized part of the trade. Game journalism has been around for over 25-30 years now, so to say it doesn't exist doesn't make sense anymore, it may not be recognized officially but it does exist.
I'm not bothered what their dreams are or what they want to do but i do expect some decorum. it's like me reading a review of a film that the journalist telling me if its good or bad hasn't even watched it. And then expects the reader or readers to take him/her seriously when he writes other articles concerning whatever subject. if you can't be bothered to do that on one thing then why should i believe you are serious about what you say on other things?

Offline Chaosmaster8753

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #259 on: March 14, 2013, 06:49:38 pm »
Seems like Metal Gear Rising has been selling better than this game:

http://neogaf.net/forum/showthread.php?t=524145

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #260 on: March 15, 2013, 04:59:33 pm »
Seems like Metal Gear Rising has been selling better than this game:

http://neogaf.net/forum/showthread.php?t=524145
Awesome, because MGR is a great game, and Colonial Marines is the worst ever made. I know this as irrefutably truee because I've played MGR and finished it.

Offline mylifewithsega

• Total Meseta: -65531
  • "Just stick it in your Genesis!"
« Reply #261 on: March 15, 2013, 05:05:28 pm »
Awesome, because MGR is a great game, and Colonial Marines is the worst ever made. I know this as irrefutably truee because I've played MGR and finished it.

Again, Aliens: Colonial Marines can never touch Jammit, Motocross Championship or Last Battle for the Worst Game Ever title. It wouldn't even hit a Top 40 list for me. Don't get me wrong, because it blows and not in a good way.

Nobody get me started on MGR. For me it's just as boring and lifeless as Colonial Marines.
Master-Cast TV: The Four-Mega Web Series!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC74cjduzFdR2ZXCt0bQv_0Q

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #262 on: March 15, 2013, 05:18:40 pm »
I was just joking bruv, the worst game ever in my honest opinion would be Sonic 06.

You thought MGR was boring? Whaaaaaat, I had so much fun with that game.

Offline mylifewithsega

« Reply #263 on: March 15, 2013, 05:33:28 pm »
I was just joking bruv, the worst game ever in my honest opinion would be Sonic 06.

You thought MGR was boring? Whaaaaaat, I had so much fun with that game.

Sonic '06? I need to play this fucking game, but I can't imagine it being worse than some of the 8 or 16-bit atrocities of yesteryear.

Play a real Metal Gear title and you may see why it's boring, brother.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #264 on: March 15, 2013, 06:06:11 pm »
My Life With SEGA Sonic '06 video has to happen.

Offline mylifewithsega

« Reply #265 on: March 15, 2013, 06:08:13 pm »
Barry, I will nail your face to a Frisbee and fling it over a rainbow. :D

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #266 on: March 15, 2013, 06:48:32 pm »
Sonic '06? I need to play this fucking game, but I can't imagine it being worse than some of the 8 or 16-bit atrocities of yesteryear.

Play a real Metal Gear title and you may see why it's boring, brother.
I only played this game because it was made by Platinum, not for the Metal Gear Name. I would like to play MGS someday, what's the best way to play the first? Was Twin Snakes a remake of 1?

I'm really surprised you could find it boring though, stupid, sure, but boring? It's jam packed with crazy shit and fun.  Maybe we should continue this in the MGR topic...

Anyway, yeah Sonic 06, when you take into account the size of the dev team, the budget and the day and age it was created, hands down worst atrocity ever created in video games. You want an example? 20 second loading screens for... TWO LINES OF TEXT.

Offline Emmett The Crab

• Total Meseta: 24
  • Smotrenfu!
    • http://www.CliveBarkerCast.com
« Reply #267 on: March 15, 2013, 07:11:39 pm »
I think the worst games ever are E.T. for the Atari 2600 (we had it) and the computer game, Bubble Ghost.

Offline Ben

• Total Meseta: 1
« Reply #268 on: March 15, 2013, 08:55:32 pm »
Was Twin Snakes a remake of 1?

Yup. Probably the best way to jump in.

I've never really gotten into Metal Gear Solid games (I hate stealth) but I've always wanted to due to how epic the story's always sounded.

Sonic '06 was an absolute trainwreck but I personally found more redeeming about it than (the more polished, but in my opinion less fun) Sonic and the Black Knight.

Offline mylifewithsega

« Reply #269 on: March 15, 2013, 09:03:58 pm »
I only played this game because it was made by Platinum, not for the Metal Gear Name. I would like to play MGS someday, what's the best way to play the first? Was Twin Snakes a remake of 1?

I'm really surprised you could find it boring though, stupid, sure, but boring? It's jam packed with crazy shit and fun.  Maybe we should continue this in the MGR topic...

Anyway, yeah Sonic 06, when you take into account the size of the dev team, the budget and the day and age it was created, hands down worst atrocity ever created in video games. You want an example? 20 second loading screens for... TWO LINES OF TEXT.

Ya' see, there's the real problem; it's stupid. Metal Gear Solid may be melodramatic and border on high-brow at times, but we get great characters that are multi-dimensional, along with a healthy dose of social commentary and philosophy. The gameplay itself is diverse. There are several different ways to proceed in these games. You can be a blood-thirsty soldier of mayhem and mow down everybody in sight, or play it stealth-like and never take a single life. They have replay value up the ass. On top of that, with every entry of Metal Gear Solid, Hideo Kojima and his team raise the bar in graphics, sound and overall presentation....

Then we have Metal Gear Rising. Now I realise it's not a Hideo Kojima designed game and that it's not really cannon. That being said, I can't seperate the name and what that name means to me from Rising. I expect more from a game called Metal Gear than a fairly straight forward hack-and-slash with a terrible narrative that betrays it's source material, not to mention the dated look and feel. Then again, I didn't Bayonetta all that dazzling either, so maybe I just dislike Platinum. *shrugs*

Twin Snakes is a remake (think Resident Evil: GameCube) and it's okay, but I'm a purest. Stick with the PSone original. It's really the only way to truly appreciate the series and what they do with later installments, like Sons of Liberty, Snake Easter and Guns of the Patriots.

Sonic '06 has me intrigued....however, I'll wait until I've reviewed a good Sonic title before I even go near this thing.

As for E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial, Emmett, I think it's awful. However, the format was still fresh and it was clearly a rush job. They only gave the guy five weeks to make a video game based on a popular film. I felt Slaughter Sport was more frustrating than the extra-terrestrial's romp in Atari-land.