Author Topic: London's burning  (Read 14994 times)

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
Re: London's burning
« Reply #30 on: August 11, 2011, 06:41:59 pm »
Made by SEGA

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2011, 05:39:31 am »
I'm sorry for going off-topic for a second, but "chav" seems tragically such a classy word to describe one the following:
-Freeloader, loser, wanker or loiterer;

It's easy to fit any of the hooligans that you see in the newsreels.

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2011, 06:25:38 am »
A chav (pronounced /ˈtʃæv/ chav) is a stereotype of certain people in the United Kingdom. Also known as a charver in Yorkshire and North East England[1] "chavs" are said to be aggressive teenagers, of working class background, who repeatedly engage in anti-social behaviour such as street drinking, drug abuse and rowdiness, or other forms of juvenile delinquency.[2]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chav

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2011, 08:32:19 am »
I dunno why sharky is bent on belivering that all the rioters and looters were from a poor class background when its evident that it was a mixture of a lot of classes. If there is a common theme here then its the fact that most of them were young people.

Offline max_cady

« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2011, 09:31:04 am »
When these kids are influenced by the notion that they are victims, who cares which social class they fit into?

Offline Autosaver

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2011, 01:49:55 pm »
I've read on the Wii News Channel that UK is going to start having an "American" Anti-Gang Police Force procedures in the future to prevent this from happening in the future. (Or spreading quite fast)

Offline max_cady

« Reply #36 on: August 12, 2011, 03:44:09 pm »
But don't the London Metropolitan Police are already have some sort of anti-riot task force?

I used to see officers riding on horses beating up soccer hooligans after fights between fans of different teams broke out...

Offline Autosaver

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #37 on: August 12, 2011, 03:51:39 pm »
But don't the London Metropolitan Police are already have some sort of anti-riot task force?

I used to see officers riding on horses beating up soccer hooligans after fights between fans of different teams broke out...
I don't live in London, but I'm guessing it is different then just beating up people on a horse. (High Pressure water weapons, rubber bullets, etc)

200 Million Dollars and 5 people died because of this stupid crap. This is sad.

Offline max_cady

« Reply #38 on: August 12, 2011, 05:24:17 pm »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=josHXHnhOt8#ws

It's still the MET, just mounted.

Offline Waffle

• Banned
« Reply #39 on: August 16, 2011, 10:45:48 am »
I didn't,the w comment means anybody from a white context.
You tell me my Nazi saluting freind. You kept going on about ungrateful foreigners rioting when the reality is that most if not all of the people were BORN in the UK. But if you meant the fact that they were black(which we all know that's what you meant) you're wrong on that front too since it was a combination of different peoples black/asian/white and whatever as well  as the victims who were also from that group. This isn't a race problem its a society problem with all british youth.
And since you are fond about talking about immirgration, you live in a country where the majority are descended from immirgrants themselves. The only people that weren't were the native americans who were already living there only to see it get overun by europeanswho rioted against some king because of economic issues and looted an british ship just to damage the tea stock, then these same europeans who brought the blacks then started fighting with other europeans based in the north over the right to own a slave just at the same time when both sides be it the south and the north were activly commiting genocide on the people whose land they took over. So yeah if anybody can tell you about bloody foreigners coming over and ruining their once beautiful land its the american INDIAN.
I am a Mik`Maq Indian who lives in Canada, Joe.