Author Topic: Sonic CD Rerelease - "Ten, Ten! Here we go again!"  (Read 5493 times)

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
Sonic CD Rerelease - "Ten, Ten! Here we go again!"
« on: November 09, 2011, 02:34:24 pm »
So the Sonic CD rerelease is technically out NOW thanks to Gamestop including it on their tablets. However, most people won't play the port until next month.

I had a chance to play Palmtree Panic at Gamestop today on some non-iPad tablet. The game controlled GREAT. Much more like Sonic 2. The Sonic 2 spindash is way better than what the original Sonic CD had. I spotted Tails as being playable, but couldn't select him. Intro movie could have been sharper, hopefully it will look better on the TV.

I know some members here give the game shit, but it really was a lot of fun back in '93 and is much improved now. Maybe the port even addresses issues some people had with the original?

Offline Chaosmaster8753

• Total Meseta: 4
Re: Sonic CD Rerelease - "Ten, Ten! Here we go again!"
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2011, 10:24:39 pm »
I'm guessing this port might end up being better then the ports of previous Sonic games?

Offline SaturnineNights

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2012, 12:10:12 am »
I seem to remember Sonic CD being beloved by most Sonic fans...it's weird that people have sort of turned on it in recent years.  I've always loved the game, but as one of those kids with a Super Nintendo (and no SEGA home consoles; excluding Pico, until Dreamcast), I played the hell out of Sonic CD on PC. The port is wonderful, I've bought it on PC, Android and PSN. We need more ports like this.

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2012, 11:17:57 am »
I have this on iOS and OH DEAR GOD it's majestic.
SEG4GES

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2012, 11:45:25 am »
iOS is the original version where the whole project started, so it is of course the best in my opinion.