Author Topic: NiGHTS into dreams... for XBLA/PSN/PC  (Read 49297 times)

Offline segaismysavior

• Total Meseta: 3
  • Martini in one hand, switchblade in the other
Re: NiGHTS into dreams... for XBLA/PSN/PC
« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2012, 02:22:37 pm »
Did this actually show up yet on XBL? I checked many times until 2pm EST, and not a damn thing.  :'( I dried my tears playing Jet Set Radio.  :)

Offline Radrappy

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2012, 04:08:18 pm »
Man I know this is not the right topic for this but can someone remind me why Guardian Heroes was an 360 exclusive?  I bring it up because I was thinking of what a great companion piece it would make to Nights HD.  Did it even sell well? 

Offline Mengels7

• Total Meseta: 7
« Reply #32 on: October 05, 2012, 04:27:03 pm »
Did this actually show up yet on XBL? I checked many times until 2pm EST, and not a damn thing.  :'( I dried my tears playing Jet Set Radio.  :)

Apparently not, but just go buy it through the website. It then downloads to your Xbox. I played a ton this morning!

Offline Nameless 24

• Shocktrooper at Heart
« Reply #33 on: October 05, 2012, 05:09:35 pm »
Loving it so far being my first time. (Wa-hay!)

Surprised at how easy these achievements are in the game! I only played for an hour and a half and already have 3/4s of the list!

I'll finish up the game's story (what little there is of it) mode when I get back to it.
Big fan of Claymore, Miria in particular.

Currently playing Yakuza 0.

Offline segaismysavior

• Martini in one hand, switchblade in the other
« Reply #34 on: October 05, 2012, 06:31:38 pm »
Man I know this is not the right topic for this but can someone remind me why Guardian Heroes was an 360 exclusive?  I bring it up because I was thinking of what a great companion piece it would make to Nights HD.  Did it even sell well?

Treasure seems to favor Xbox 360. Bangai-O HD: Missile Fury, Radiant Silvergun, and Guardian Heroes are all exempt from PSN or PC. I can't find any sales data, but I assume we'd have heard news about a sequel if the sales were spectacular. Fingers crossed, though Code of Princess on 3DS will scratch that itch if nothing materializes.

Offline upsidedown fuji

• Chillin' with the Blue Rogues.
    • Upsidedown Fuji
« Reply #35 on: October 06, 2012, 12:07:32 am »
I bought the game off the xbox.com US version website last night and have been having a lot of fun with it ever since. The port is not perfect though because the control is a bit off. It feels a little notchy like they removed a some angles from the analog stick. This may put off port purists but it doesn't break the game. After fiddling around with the game for a half an hour or so I found my sweet spot and was able to preform about as well as I do on the Saturn version I've been playing for the past 16 years.

It would be nice to see SEGA patch the control issue but I don't expect it to happen and the leader boards show that even with the fudged precision of control people are still getting pretty decent high scores.

If you're on the fence about the translation of control into the HD version I guess you could always wait for a price cut/sale or buy the PC version and wait for a mod to iron out the control issues. I'm just happy the game is finally here and it's close enough to the original to give me a nice nostalgia buzz.

Offline Radrappy

« Reply #36 on: October 06, 2012, 03:08:06 am »
In some ways though, isn't it comforting to know that the original version is still the best version?

Offline upsidedown fuji

• Upsidedown Fuji
« Reply #37 on: October 06, 2012, 03:09:27 am »
I guess in a way yeah. It keeps my copies value up a little.

Offline SOUP

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #38 on: October 06, 2012, 05:15:43 am »
I never played the original, so I didn't find there was a problem with the controls. Everything was responsive and I managed to beat it pretty quickly.
I'm not that great at it though, so the only levels I've pulled anything higher than a C are the last ones.

Great game though. I still don't get all the hate for the sequel though :-/.

Offline upsidedown fuji

• Upsidedown Fuji
« Reply #39 on: October 06, 2012, 06:43:13 am »
I think it has a lot to do with creepy owl dude.

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #40 on: October 06, 2012, 06:57:23 am »
And the platforming sections.

And stupid sexy english woman NiGHTS voice.

Offline upsidedown fuji

• Upsidedown Fuji
« Reply #41 on: October 06, 2012, 09:01:17 am »
Yes yes! That's the biggest beef I had. I never gave NiGHTS a gender it was just NiGHTS to me. Then NiGHTS talked, not only did it talk it spoke with a sultry woman's voice. It just didn't click with me. That and having the kids play more of a role in the game also was a bit annoying. It needed like 90 percent NiGHTS flying sections and 10 percent whatever story wackiness they wanted to cram in. I really hope that the Wii game didn't kill the franchise for ever. :(

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #42 on: October 06, 2012, 09:28:22 am »
What killed the sequel for me:
• Unable to skip cutscenes, even when seeing them a second time
• Getting kicked back to the hub after each mission!
• NiGHTS voice

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #43 on: October 06, 2012, 02:03:31 pm »
Yes yes! That's the biggest beef I had. I never gave NiGHTS a gender it was just NiGHTS to me. Then NiGHTS talked, not only did it talk it spoke with a sultry woman's
Itvoice. It just didn't click with me. That and having the kids play more of a role in the game also was a bit annoying. It needed like 90 percent NiGHTS flying sections and 10 percent whatever story wackiness they wanted to cram in. I really hope that the Wii game didn't kill the franchise for ever. :(
It killed it for me at least. I dont want another Nights game, because Sega just aint got it in them to do it properly anymore imo.

Offline Kori-Maru

• Total Meseta: 9
  • AMS Kagekidan sanjou-desu!
    • The Website of the Dead
« Reply #44 on: October 06, 2012, 02:36:44 pm »
Nice to see NiGHTS merch with other SEGA characters, I've spotted Sonic, Bahn, Honey, Pai Chan, Lion, & Akira.

www.thewebsiteofthedead.com ~ The House of the Dead Unofficial fan site