Author Topic: Bayonetta 2 Discussion Mega Thread  (Read 277262 times)

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
Re: Bayonetta 2 Discussion Mega Thread
« Reply #615 on: December 31, 2014, 01:33:36 pm »
http://segabits.com/blog/2014/12/31/segabits-round-table-our-favorite-sega-games-of-2014/#comment-43624

Why is Bayonetta 2 on selection when it's not even a Sega game?
This is why I don't check the front page much >:(

Offline TimmiT

• Total Meseta: 8
    • Sonic Retro
« Reply #616 on: December 31, 2014, 02:44:55 pm »
http://segabits.com/blog/2014/12/31/segabits-round-table-our-favorite-sega-games-of-2014/#comment-43624

SEGA's logo is literally the first logo that pops up in the game's intro. Also they own the IP. It qualifies.

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #617 on: December 31, 2014, 03:01:45 pm »
The cutscenes are actually the only part of his story I can stand.

It's the constant "Where do you think you're going?" and "You're going the wrong way" type dialog that you hear every 2 fucking seconds that I can't fucking stand from him.

I'll never understand why developers see fit to repetitively drop that in every 2 seconds. It puts a damper on the exploration that is so enjoyable in Bayonetta.

The more I play both, I'm finding Bayo 2 to be far far technically superior a game than the first, but vice versa in every other aspect.
Also the way he keeps calling her "love". Just sounds so friggin dumb everytime. Not sure if he keeps doing that later on.

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #618 on: December 31, 2014, 05:17:12 pm »
SEGA's logo is literally the first logo that pops up in the game's intro. Also they own the IP. It qualifies.
They own the IP, but didn't develop nor publish the game :/
Also the way he keeps calling her "love". Just sounds so friggin dumb everytime. Not sure if he keeps doing that later on.

He does it FOREVER!

Offline CrazyT

« Reply #619 on: January 03, 2015, 01:37:16 pm »
It hurts everytime lol. Guess I know where the real challenge lies. I dont wanna keep going on about it but his voice acting is just really strange. Like how does one even talk like that?

Anyway I wanted to say that 3rd climax is some serious business. Less witch time, definitly more frequent and simultanious attacks from the enemies, more damage from them. I thought coming from bayo 1 was gonna help out... This is harsh. Though now I feel forced finishing it on this difficulty level. Gonna have to do 1 chapter per day
« Last Edit: January 04, 2015, 02:28:47 am by CrazyT »

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #620 on: January 03, 2015, 04:12:57 pm »
I'm up to... I can't remember I got distracted by Rome 2 :(

But yeah Third Climax is no fucking joke. I think I'm up to the first Prophet fight? The Lumen Sage in 3rd Climax is just... ogodwhy.

Offline Ben

• Total Meseta: 1
« Reply #621 on: January 04, 2015, 03:12:03 am »

Yeah god forbid we express our enjoyment of a game resulting from a Sega/Nintendo partnership on the front page....

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #622 on: January 04, 2015, 08:28:45 am »
Yeah god forbid we express our enjoyment of a game resulting from a Sega/Nintendo partnership on the front page....

"We can pretend it's made by Sega if it's a good game!"

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #623 on: January 04, 2015, 12:50:00 pm »
George and I knew there would be a lot of shit flung about over Bayonetta 2 being allowed in the favorite SEGA games of 2014 article, and while we did urge writers to try all of SEGA's offerings before making their decision (rather than ignoring most of 2014's titles and picking the only game they played), in the end Bayonetta 2 was some of the writer's picks.

I hate the whole "what's a SEGA game?" discussion, because it can get so messy and murky. Is ToeJam & Earl or Ecco SEGA games? What about Seaman? Where is there a line drawn? I'm against whittling it so far down that it only applies to original IPs developed in-house. Even worse when if gets into the "SEGA DNA" discussion.

In the case of what we cover here, what the wiki covers, and what we report on it comes down to if SEGA is involved in any capacity, it's fair game. In the case of Bayonetta 2, true it is more removed from being a "SEGA game" than Isolation or Miku, but given SEGA's name is on the box and they own the IP and had an "advisory" role that makes it a fair choice. Of course, it should still be noted by those who chose the game that it is a Platinum developed game, largely paid for by Nintendo, using an IP owned by SEGA. Even if it falls under the SEGA umbrella, credit should be given to the developer Platinum with at least a mention.

Now in regards to titles like Child of Eden, Crimson Dragon, and Rodea those do get a little coverage on the front page thanks to the talent involved, but of course none have ever been eligible because just because a former SEGA staffer made it, does not make it a SEGA game. So if there is a line to be drawn, that's it.

"We can pretend it's made by Sega if it's a good game!"

There is no pretending, as I laid out above, and even if it were a shitty game, it would still fall under the SEGA umbrella. Though, given it is our FAVORITE games of the year, of course you aren't going to see the bad titles get a mention.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2015, 12:52:26 pm by Barry the Nomad »

Offline Trippled

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #624 on: January 04, 2015, 02:05:04 pm »
Well you know, in that one IGN video, the Nintendo producer did say "...so we thought it would be for the best if Nintendo and SEGA teamed up..."

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #625 on: January 05, 2015, 08:04:00 am »
Finally beat Chapter XII on Infinite Climax, holy shit the Lumen Sage was tough. Had to use a ton of lollipops to get through it.

Offline CrazyT

« Reply #626 on: January 05, 2015, 09:34:56 am »
Don't lollipops affect the medal rankings?

The words "holy shit" and bayonetta seems to go along really well hahaha. Just beat the lumen sage for the first time and had to say it repeatedly. *takes a deep breath
« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 09:37:38 am by CrazyT »

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #627 on: January 05, 2015, 11:00:17 am »
Don't lollipops affect the medal rankings?

The words "holy shit" and bayonetta seems to go along really well hahaha. Just beat the lumen sage for the first time and had to say it repeatedly. *takes a deep breath
Oh you're only up to the Lumen fight (Chapter 7?) so far? Please keep us updated with progress!

And yeah, I believe lollipops affect medal rankings, but I couldn't do it without lollipops, this is just me trying to SURVIVE, let alone get good medals!

I can go back and play regular or hard mode for rankings, but Infinite Climax is too hard for me to do without items.

Offline Berto

• Total Meseta: 23
« Reply #628 on: January 23, 2021, 12:14:10 am »
SEGA Talk Podcast #62: Bayonetta (2009)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuFeZ8kyEvU

On this stylish, sexy episode of the SEGA Talk Podcast, George and Barry look back at the Platinum Games’ masterpiece known as Bayonetta.
We dive into the development, the characters, the games, and hopefully by the end we can silence what little critics this game has left. 

Article : http://segabits.com/blog/2021/01/22/sega-talk-podcast-62-bayonetta-2009/

Offline Berto

• Total Meseta: 23
« Reply #629 on: September 01, 2021, 09:08:25 pm »
Bayonetta Nendoroid Action Figure available for preorder on Amazon
($89.99, very low stock)

About this item :
- A Good Smile Company import
- From the hit game "Bayonetta"
- Comes with three face plates for multiple expressions
- Recreate all kinds of poses
- Plenty of optional parts