Author Topic: SEGA VS Fighting Games - "Better run home to mama now!"  (Read 165918 times)

Offline Berto

• Total Meseta: 22
Re: SEGA VS Fighting Games - "Better run home to mama now!"
« Reply #135 on: March 03, 2021, 12:15:55 am »
Sega's Daichi Katagiri - Famitsu interview Translation
Secret Development Stories of Virtua Fighter

From a Strategic Point of View, OutRun is a Puzzle Game!?
We Ask Former Sega AM2 Member Daichi Katagiri About the Best Days of His Life Spent in Arcades + Secret Development Stories of Virtua Fighter 

Article : http://www.onemillionpower.com/daichi-katagiri-outrun-and-virtua-fighter/

Offline Mystic Monkey

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #136 on: March 03, 2021, 06:50:09 am »
Woah! Pre-polly Virtua Fighters!

Offline Berto

« Reply #137 on: March 03, 2021, 05:55:37 pm »
Woah! Pre-polly Virtua Fighters!

They have their own charm for retro gamer like me.
They remind me of 3D fighting game that I've played on PC, I can't recall the title, but the characters are robots.

Offline Berto

« Reply #138 on: March 03, 2021, 06:00:27 pm »
Sega will likely reveal the future of Virtua Fighter at the next Japan Fighting Game Publishers Roundtable

Whether their plans involve some sort of revival of VF5 or a brand new entry in the storied series remains to be seen though other parts of the marketing machine seem to be gearing up for some activity as well.
Interestingly, the official Virtua Fighter Japanese Twitter account posted its first official tweet in over four years as a New Year's message and pretty much telling fans to look forward to more news here in 2021.

Articles :
1. http://segabits.com/blog/2021/03/03/sega-may-reveal-the-future-of-virtua-fighter-in-the-next-japan-fighting-game-publishers-roundtable/
2. https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2021/mar/03/sega-virtua-fighter-roundtable/

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #139 on: March 04, 2021, 05:49:41 am »
Can you imagine a Virtua Fighter game that's like that poster? Using high definition textures and graphics but still low-poly to the point it meeds between modern and advance?

Offline Berto

« Reply #140 on: March 04, 2021, 06:01:12 pm »
Can you imagine a Virtua Fighter game that's like that poster? Using high definition textures and graphics but still low-poly to the point it meeds between modern and advance?

Yeah, kinda like Akira's Spirit on Super Smash Bros then...
I still thougth he looks cool enough.

Offline Berto

« Reply #141 on: March 05, 2021, 12:46:25 am »
Persona 5 Strikers Sophia Spirit Added to Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Spirits in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate are customized enemies with unique properties, meant to represent non-playable characters from different franchises.
Previous spirits featured the Phantom Thieves, Goro Akechi, Caroline & Justine, and Igor.

Article : https://personacentral.com/p5s-sophia-spirit-ssbu/

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #142 on: March 05, 2021, 05:13:32 am »
Yeah, kinda like Akira's Spirit on Super Smash Bros then...
I still thougth he looks cool enough.

Yeah but with more detailed textures that sort of blend him in with the detail of the background.

Offline Colter9854

• Banned
« Reply #143 on: March 05, 2021, 06:32:26 pm »
The previous answers cover most of the popular fighting games of today, but let me give you a more personalized answer.As you used to enjoy Street Fighter 2 and Tekken (I assume Tekken 1,2,3), you can try out the latest crossover game called "Street Fighter X Tekken". However, that game follows mechanics derived from Street Fighter IV, which is again somewhat similar to Street Fighter 2.Street Fighter 3 and the Alpha games took SF gameplay to different levels, but SF IV tried to go back to the roots. So you will find yourself at home with Ultra Street FIghter IV, too. It is one of the most balanced fighting game out in the market, and the game is in its final version after a number of updates in the form of SF IV, SSFIV, SF IV AE and fiinally, USF IV.These two games are available for PC, so if you own a decent gamepad and no console, you can go for it. An Xbox360 gamepad should suffice, as it is a very good gaming device for anyone who just wants to enjoy their game without bothering too much about serious competitive gaming.As for Xbox360 and PS3, there'd be hardly any difference in performance if you have a good internet connection.If you just want to enjoy raw Tekken mechanics, you can go for Tekken 6, which is a solid and robust Tekken game. It has most of the old favorites like Jin, Hworang, Paul as well as interesting, new brawlers, However, you can also wait for Tekken 7 which should be released sometime this year, or you can wait for the "Tekken X Street Fighter", which will be a new crossover game (Not to confuse with SF X Tekken) where Tekken mechanics will be used. This game comes out in 2013, so it'll be a long wait.If you want a simpler fighting game to start off with, you can go for Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom 3. This game is easy to learn, and even the beginner player can pull off ridiculously damaging combos. This game is a sequel to MVC2, which was very popular back in the days of Sega Dreamcast console. It's a crossover of marvel characters (X-Men, Spiderman, Iron Man, etc.) and Capcom characters (Street Fighter cast, final fight, captain america, etc.)As for Mortal Kombat goes, the latest game in the series (simply called Mortal Kombat or MK 9) is brilliant; the campaign will take you through a re-telling of the events that took place before the first game in the series. The campaign itself justifies playing this game, and the multiplayer action is also a blast (both offline and online)I really won't recommend the latest King of Fighter games as they are absolutely rubbish, and any other fighting game series won't be worth your time, except maybe the latest Soul Caliber game.Kof XIII is quite decent, though. Still not as great as the older games, but worth playing if you loved the past games or are interested to get in to the series.As you will be returning to fighting games after a long time, the most striking difference you will find is more reliance on damaging combos instead of poking styled fighting.Nothing beats the arcades, but today's online match ups aren't bad either.Happy gaming

Offline Berto

« Reply #144 on: March 05, 2021, 08:55:55 pm »
However, that game follows mechanics derived from Street Fighter IV, which is again somewhat similar to Street Fighter 2.Street Fighter 3 and the Alpha games took SF gameplay to different levels, but SF IV tried to go back to the roots. So you will find yourself at home with Ultra Street FIghter IV, too. It is one of the most balanced fighting game out in the market, and the game is in its final version after a number of updates in the form of SF IV, SSFIV, SF IV AE and fiinally, USF IV.
Thank you for your sharing. Street Fighter IV is definitely my favorite of all Street Fighter.In fact, I bought 3DS close to the launch day because of Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition, I just loved that game so much.(And I bought PS Vita  close to the launch day because of Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3)
I haven't try much Ultra SF IV because it wasn't on handheld.
I had it on PC, but too lazy to play them because I prefer handheld over PC or TV Console.

Offline Berto

« Reply #145 on: March 07, 2021, 12:07:10 am »
Atlus Wants To Know What Games You Want Ported To Switch

Atlus has just released its annual online survey for 2021. 
As usual, it asks Japanese fans a number of questions about their own personal gaming habits and more.
In terms of Switch-related questions, the same one from last year about possible ports is arguably the highlight.
The only difference is it's no longer a Switch-only question.

Article : https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2021/03/atlus_wants_to_know_what_games_you_want_ported_to_switch

Offline Berto

« Reply #146 on: March 09, 2021, 10:12:20 pm »
Fate/Grand Order Arcade Adds Jacques de Molay and Leonardo da Vinci

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDxq4_ukuQI

The Sixth Singularity for Fate/Grand Order Arcade, Cavalry Order’s Esteemed Expedition: Lost Jerusalem, is now live.
Two new Servants, Jacques de Molay (Saber) and Leonardo da Vinci (Caster), made their appearances.

Article : https://www.siliconera.com/fate-grand-order-arcade-adds-jacques-de-molay-and-leonardo-da-vinci/

Offline Berto

« Reply #147 on: March 17, 2021, 07:06:46 pm »
Unboxing: SEGA Astro City Mini DX Pack

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EaWoeHtEwo

After two and a half months of waiting, my package from Japan containing the SEGA Astro City Mini DX Pack has arrived!
Check out the full unboxing above for a close up look at all the cool bonus goodies SEGA included in this 60th Anniversary item.

Article : http://segabits.com/blog/2021/03/17/unboxing-sega-astro-city-mini-dx-pack/

Offline Berto

« Reply #148 on: March 17, 2021, 07:25:05 pm »
Yu Suzuki and Namco’s Katsuhiro Harada talk Virtua Fighter 6,
cancelled Tekken Dreamcast title, and Tekken x Virtua Fighter

Harada also complained about how he gets consistent request from fighting game fans on twitter (hey, that’s us) about a new Virtua Fighter because SEGA never attends these fighting game events ; so all fans seem to direct their request to him.
He even mentioned that a lot of fans are requesting a Tekken x Virtua Fighter crossover, if that’s what it takes to get a new Virtua Fighter.

Article : http://segabits.com/blog/2021/03/17/yu-suzuki-and-namcos-katsuhiro-harada-talk-virtua-fighter-6-cancelled-tekken-dreamcast-title-and-tekken-x-virtua-fighter/

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #149 on: March 18, 2021, 10:37:35 am »
Tekken x Virtua Fighter? Could the continuies really mesh well together? I mean I dunno Tekken lore enough to know if it has Judgement 6 or so.