Author Topic: Game Freak (Pokémon, Pulseman) and SEGA collaborating on something  (Read 16524 times)

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
Re: Game Freak (Pokémon, Pulseman) and SEGA collaborating on something
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2015, 03:25:12 am »
Hum, he never stated that GameFreak wasn't Japanese, just stated that the idea could have come from SEGA West to hire a Japanese company to create a game.

Or maybe, just maybe, SEGA Japan is actually thinking outside its small little island and is thinking about launching global IPs.

Offline TimmiT

• Total Meseta: 8
    • Sonic Retro
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2015, 08:59:09 am »
Hum, he never stated that GameFreak wasn't Japanese, just stated that the idea could have come from SEGA West to hire a Japanese company to create a game.
I guess that's possible, but seems kinda unlikely to me.
Or maybe, just maybe, SEGA Japan is actually thinking outside its small little island and is thinking about launching global IPs.
I wasn't trying to argue against this. :V

Also, GAME got the postcard as well: https://twitter.com/GAMEdigital/status/574562261085351936
Seeing how GAME doesn't sell mobile games, seems like it won't be mobile only at least.

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2015, 09:29:35 am »
Well now this has me stumped even more.

I mean why wouldn't they side with Nintendo with publishing a retail game? Vita's out of the question since it has no major presence in the West and that just leaves the Playstation 4 and Xbox One. Very difficult to guess what this could be.

Offline TimmiT

• Sonic Retro
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2015, 09:32:22 am »
Well now this has me stumped even more.

I mean why wouldn't they side with Nintendo with publishing a retail game? Vita's out of the question since it has no major presence in the West and that just leaves the Playstation 4 and Xbox One. Very difficult to guess what this could be.
GAME also sells downloadable games through their online store. Also, at least for Playstation systems, downloadable games are sold in stores as vouchers.

Offline Aki-at

• The Dragon
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2015, 09:40:30 am »
GAME also sells downloadable games through their online store. Also, at least for Playstation systems, downloadable games are sold in stores as vouchers.

Yeah they do, but then it still comes back that IF this game has a Wii U and 3DS version, why not just partner with Nintendo like usual (And I doubt they'd turn them down either.) but if this is a downloadable Playstation 3/Vita/4/Xbox 360/Xbox One game it becomes all the more curious. You could even throw the oddball that this is a PC only title out there too considering SEGA's strong presence there and get even more confused with the possibilities.

Really it's a hard game to speculate, I thought it'd be an endless runner type mobile game but now it could potentially be GameFreak's first console title on non-Nintendo hardware and it's still strange they partnered with SEGA instead of a bigger (In terms of console marketshare) Japanese publisher. Friday's going to be interesting to see what unfolds.

Offline TimmiT

• Sonic Retro
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2015, 10:40:57 am »
Yeah they do, but then it still comes back that IF this game has a Wii U and 3DS version, why not just partner with Nintendo like usual (And I doubt they'd turn them down either.) but if this is a downloadable Playstation 3/Vita/4/Xbox 360/Xbox One game it becomes all the more curious. You could even throw the oddball that this is a PC only title out there too considering SEGA's strong presence there and get even more confused with the possibilities.

Really it's a hard game to speculate, I thought it'd be an endless runner type mobile game but now it could potentially be GameFreak's first console title on non-Nintendo hardware and it's still strange they partnered with SEGA instead of a bigger (In terms of console marketshare) Japanese publisher. Friday's going to be interesting to see what unfolds.
Yeah, I am very interested in seeing what it is because GameFreak hasn't worked with a publisher other than Nintendo since 2000. Also, March 11th is on a Wednesday. :V
« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 11:10:27 am by TimmiT »

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2015, 11:27:56 am »
I'm still thinking its for phones.
Made by SEGA

Offline Trippled

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2015, 03:02:47 pm »
My guess is Yosuke Okunaris new game as a producer, he is overall responsible for download and retro releases: http://archives.sega.jp/

With that Game Freak artist doing the boxart the first step towards a collaboration was made. I think it might be an E-Shop game

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2015, 03:21:27 pm »
Yeah Yosuke Okunari is also very active on Twitter space and was producer for some of the SEGA Ages releases (Dynamite Deka and Panzer Dragoon) also was producer for the PS2 NiGHTS into Dreams, Crazy Taxi, Jet Set Radio, Castle of Illusion re-releases.

He has not worked on phone games, so this also leads me to believe this is a eShop/PSN/XBLA/PC game.

Offline Trippled

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2015, 03:28:56 pm »
He is overall responsible for most of the retro releases since 2003 I think.

Sometimes his supervision can get sloppy (early Sega Ages releases and early Dreamcast releases), but he quick to react to fan response.

He might be pushing for more western releases of smaller titles, he seems very happy about response overseas for stuff.

Offline Aki-at

• The Dragon
« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2015, 03:38:17 pm »
Yeah, I am very interested in seeing what it is because GameFreak hasn't worked with a publisher other than Nintendo since 2000. Also, March 11th is on a Wednesday. :V

Clearly I'm using the Islamic calendar and this form of discrimination won't stand, MODS!

[spoiler]It's a Thursday on the Islamic calendar : <[/spoiler]

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2015, 10:37:54 pm »
Clearly I'm using the Islamic calendar and this form of discrimination won't stand, MODS!

[spoiler]It's a Thursday on the Islamic calendar : <[/spoiler]

Sorry Aki, no Islamic rayguns allowed!
Made by SEGA

Offline Berto

• Total Meseta: 23
« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2021, 02:39:45 am »
Tembo The Badass Elephant - 90’s Platformer Era Big Homage from SEGA and Game Freak

Tembo the Badass Elephant is a worthwhile adventure that lives up to its name.
You control a elephant with a multitude of skill sets, traverse tons of landscapes while you destroy Phantom soldiers and rescue hostages.
The game’s stages shake things up by giving each place a unique look and most of the time introducing some sort of gameplay gimmick so it won’t feel repetitive.

Article : http://segabits.com/blog/2015/07/24/review-tembo-the-badass-elephant-pc/

Offline Berto

• Total Meseta: 23
« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2021, 02:40:27 am »
SEGA is Making Pokemon Corogarena for arcade

SEGA Co., Ltd. announces the medal game "Pokemon Corogarena" for amusement facilities.
Along with that, the official website has been released from today.
"Pokemon Corogarena" is a completely new medal game that uses the world-famous "Pokemon" IP, and the biggest attraction is the exciting lottery with physical balls, centered on the gameplay of Sugoroku that is easy for anyone to understand intuitively.

Link : https://corogarena.sega.jp/

Offline Mystic Monkey

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2021, 12:43:57 pm »
Sega... making a Nintendo licenced game?

Or maybe just provide the arcade cabinet at least.

Does not computer.