Author Topic: BINARY DOMAIN Discussion  (Read 35135 times)

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
Re: Yakuza team new title!!!
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2010, 01:14:09 pm »
Well, guys the unveiling is tomorrow in Japan at 5pm.

So that makes it:
8 a.m. for Portugal/England
About 7pm for Australia
Aaand about 3 a.m. for US NYC time frame zone.

Very curious about it. It's likely one of the first major titles that were mentioned early on.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Guest »

Offline Suzuki Yu

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2010, 01:16:15 pm »
Quote from: "cube_b3"
I thought I already posted this but apparently I didn't.

Apparently Vanquish's failure wasn't enough to give the space theme a rest.

Now we have Nagoshi inspired by (read ripping off) Head Hunter: Redemption which was inspired by Demolition Man.

that game was ... i mean the whole series was terrible

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2010, 01:25:10 pm »
Oh yeah, can't wait for the big reveal! Fingers crossed it turns out awesome.

One thing though, does this mean the team is working on Yakuza of the End, Yakuza 5 AND this new game?

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2010, 06:01:18 pm »
I'm pretty sure they arent actually MAKING Yakuza 5 right now... Although I think they ARE developing the Monkey Ball for the 3DS.
Made by SEGA

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2010, 04:53:07 am »
I just watched the teaser trailer. Looks like shit if I'm to be brutally honest.

It just screams of 'Japanese game trying too hard to be Western'. Vanquish almost fell into that trap too, but this looks even worse. The only interesting bit of the trailer was the very end.

Still, it might play really awesomely, but I don't think there was one thing I really liked about that trailer at all.

Offline max_cady

« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2010, 06:09:28 am »
Oh, well...

But I liked the trailer, so screw them...

And Kotaku... you fail at humor.

Offline Sharky

« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2010, 06:16:40 am »
Quote from: "MadeManG74"
I just watched the teaser trailer. Looks like shit if I'm to be brutally honest.

It just screams of 'Japanese game trying too hard to be Western'. Vanquish almost fell into that trap too, but this looks even worse. The only interesting bit of the trailer was the very end.

Still, it might play really awesomely, but I don't think there was one thing I really liked about that trailer at all.

Isn't it a bit early for all that?

But I agree that the trailer wasn't exactly selling me, for a game promoting a strong story and very good enemy AI they didn't show either of those things in the trailer.

That said I like the idea for the world... The story bit at the end looked like it could be cool. I even liked the enemy robot designs, mainly the large boss was quite a unique design.

The thing I REALLY didn't like was the 3 main characters... They are generic as fuck and look bug eyed and stupid... I liked it more when we thought one of them was a Monk... Where did the Monk go!?
Made by SEGA

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2010, 06:37:52 am »
I guess we found a new topic for this weeks round table.

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2010, 06:52:18 am »
The design of the three main characters is surprising, considering the teams work on the Yakuza series and Monkey Ball series, I'd never expect to see them produce something so generic.

I'm not sure why they decided to show a cutscene with 80's action films dialogue, gave the worst first impressions for most people I feel. That being said, the final 20 seconds shows the world I'd rather play in, alas I do not think it'll be the case.

So far, very moot trailer.

Offline Sharky

« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2010, 06:55:09 am »
The LAST 20 seconds showed the world I want to play in.

I think the game would have had a 100 times better reception if the characters didnt look so generic...

Although it is no worse then what the West has been doing for years with characters like Nathan Drake, Master Cheif, Modern Warfare cast, Sam Fisher etc...
Made by SEGA

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2010, 07:19:57 am »
Some art for the game. Thanks to our Suzuki Yu!

The last two, I really like. It's a shame the trailer just does not showcase them much and comes off as terribly generic. I think they should have just made a reel of the game instead of just showing us one cutscene with the twist. Shame really. missed chance. Hope those three at the main characters though, they look really bad...

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2010, 07:54:16 am »
I have no doubt that the game will be great, and I'm still smiling about it being multiplatform, but I agree that the trailer did little to excite me. I like the robots and the setting, but the humans were bland. That ending bit was rather crazy though.

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2010, 08:24:33 am »
It's the visuals that bother me the most. This is a cinematic teaser and normally cinematic footages look better than ingame visuals. Here the visuals look really dated even in the cinamtic cutscenes.

I am seeing negative feedback everywhere allready. Also I agree with sharky in the comment sections, the characters look generic. I like the main character, the woman needs some polishing here and there and that black dude is just a stereotype BA sorta character.

This is not a good start tbh. As a 1st teaser trailer it's not exactly giving people the right 1st impression.

Story wise, I think this game is going to do something far more interesting than any fps or 3rd ps.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2010, 08:26:00 am by CrazyTails »

Offline max_cady

« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2010, 08:25:27 am »
Well, as far generic western characters go, they don't seem to stray much away from the generic characters in most actual Western shooters anyway. So at least there's an opporunity to poke fun at them for kicks.

And yeah, the first thing when I saw the graphics I went: wait a minute, this is the Yakuza engine so I thought it was going to be a PS3 exclusive again, but after the credits...

At least, I'll be getting some much needed Nagoshi love on my 360.

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2010, 10:10:23 am »
People are going to knock because its looks nothing more than a GOW rip off using the Yakuza engine and set in Toyko. Its a poor trailer , though the game looks like can be fun and interesting. It needs to have some serious tech behind it , if its not to become a Quantum Theory style disaster.

At least the game is new, being made for a Worldwide audience and multi-platform, That a start, Shame its 5 years in to the consoles life cycle
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure