Author Topic: The Fat Plumber Thread  (Read 80295 times)

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
Re: The Fat Plumber Thread
« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2010, 09:14:50 am »
Why isn't Suzuki making games I wonder.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Guest »
SEG4GES

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2010, 05:18:31 pm »
Quote from: "crackdude"
Why isn't Suzuki making games I wonder.
He's secretly been at work making Shenmue III for the last decade. Sega has been putting all their resources into it. Weren't you curious as to why they were never turning profit? It's because all their money went to Suzuki.

Offline crackdude

• Nintendo Bling
« Reply #32 on: March 04, 2010, 09:02:34 am »
Yes, it all makes sense now!
I heard that Sega will be announcing Shenmue III at this year's E3. Ryo will have a new sidekick named Bill Hatcher and the all the soundtrack will be made by Bentley Jones.
SEG4GES

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2010, 09:08:30 am »
GamesRadar hops on the hate wagon:
http://www.gamesradar.com/f/5-reasons-t ... 1547766005

Best point:
Since 1998 the guy has thrown himself TEN lazy ass mini-game shindigs, leaving him too tuckered to star in more than THREE actual Mario games… And that’s counting New Super Mario Bros.

Between 1998 and now: Super Mario Sunshine, Mario Galaxy, New Super Mario Bros. Wii

Now look at Sonic between 1998 and now: Sonic Adventure, Sonic Adventure 2, Sonic Heroes, Shadow the Hedgehog, Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Unleashed

Alright, so Mario makes 3 main series games in 12 years time, while Sonic gives us 5 (6 including Shadow). I'd argue that 1 of the 3 Mario games are great (Galaxy) while 4 of the 6 Sonic games are good to great (SA1&2 are great, Heroes and Unleashed are good).

People may talk shit about Sonic, but at least Sega tries to put out main series games at a more steady pace (1 every 2 years compared to Mario's 1 every 4 years).

Offline crackdude

• Nintendo Bling
« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2010, 11:59:13 am »
Yes!
Funny how that is what I've been defending and arguing about for like 4 years now.
SEG4GES

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2010, 01:57:29 pm »
Random rant:

I'd hesitate to call Galaxy a Mario game. Well, at least in the sense that a "Mario game" is what was defined in 1985. In my opinion, when a 2D game shifts to 3D it is more in line with being an adaptation or a 3D approximation than a direct sequel. One can't honestly say that Mario 64 plays the same as Super Mario World. Same goes for Sonic Adventure compared to Sonic '91.

And screw Kart and any other spin-off. In the end they aren't Mario games. I think Nintendoids forget that it is the GAMEPLAY that makes the game, not the character. To say Mario has had a load of great games in the past ten years is horse shit (or whore's shit). A more accurate statement would be that Nintendo has had a load of successful games with Mario's face plastered to them, and some were fun and some weren't.

Same applies to Sonic fans who call SASAR "Sonic's best game in years". Erm... since when did a Sonic game = kart racing? It's an excellent game, but it ain't no Sonic.

Also, according to wikipedia, Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins is considered a "main series" Mario game. Whats up with that? Shouldn't it be lumped with the handheld games?

Offline Sega Uranus

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Thank You For Playing ECCO ECCO ECCO
    • The SEGA Source
« Reply #36 on: April 06, 2010, 06:28:06 pm »
Fuck I hate Nintendo sometimes.

Super Mario Galaxy 2 is $50 in my region, and comes out late next month, but at the moment it has a $20 preorder credit bonus. That is a great deal and all, but judging that they never fucking lower the price of their games that sell means you have to get the game the second it is released with a special deal or else wait six years for it to go down in price. Seriously, Twilight Princess is still full price every place I have seen. Though, I have owned that for awhile now anyways, so whatever.

What about games that do not sell? They go down in price a bit, sure, but not enough for it to really matter. What is worse is with the case of games like Pikmin Play for Wii and ExciteBots: Trick Racing, they just stop making copies of the games instead of just dropping the price more, so then the prices go up way more because they become rare collectors items.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFUFUFUFUFUUFUFUFUFUFUFU

Online Berto

• Total Meseta: 22
« Reply #37 on: October 21, 2020, 01:17:03 am »

Online Berto

« Reply #38 on: October 21, 2020, 01:17:54 am »
Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games Interview

Ohashi : "I had heard that we had been in talks with Nintendo for a while about doing something with Sonic and Mario.
Then Sega acquired the license for the Olympic Games, and we were told to progress with a project for putting the three together.
When talk of the project came my way, I wondered how I could present it to Nintendo.
To start off, we wrote a proposal and presented it to Nintendo, but (Shigeru) Miyamoto-san said he wanted to decide after seeing something with Mario and Sonic actually appearing in the Olympic games.
We were on pins and needles until it was decided. "

Full Interview : http://iwataasks.nintendo.com/interviews/#/wii/mario-sonic-london-olympics-2012/0/0

Online Berto

« Reply #39 on: October 21, 2020, 01:22:46 am »
5 Times Sonic Totally Beat Mario

A decade ago ago Barry made the list of 5 times when Sonic was more succeeded than Mario.
10 years has passed so I want to update that list with my version.
Here they are  :

Online Berto

« Reply #40 on: October 21, 2020, 01:29:46 am »
5. Sonic the Hedgehog Movie is better than Super Mario Bros. the Movie

The 2020 Sonic movie of course. Against the 1993 Super Mario Bros Movie.

Online Berto

« Reply #41 on: October 21, 2020, 01:32:35 am »
4. Sonic is multiplatform hero while Mario is just a Nintendo hero.

Sonic had better PS4, XBox One, and PC Games than Mario.
Well, because Mario has none in them.

Online Berto

« Reply #42 on: October 21, 2020, 01:35:32 am »
3. Sonic had better and lively social media representation than Mario.

Thanks the man behind the iconic blue rodent's social media persona, Aaron Webber.
He's stepping down to take on a new role at Sega but the legacy lives on.

Online Berto

« Reply #43 on: October 21, 2020, 01:40:59 am »
2. Sonic could punch Mario to the Minecraft World.

This one is easier to explain if you have watched the Super Smash Bros Ultimate's Steve Reveal Trailer.
But basically the internet were agree with it.

Online Berto

« Reply #44 on: October 21, 2020, 01:53:49 am »
1. Sonic the Hedgehog Comic is better than Super Mario Bros. Comic

It's not that Super Mario Bros comic is bad,
it's just that Sonic The Hedgehog comic from IDW is the best video game comic book right now.
Really hard to beat.