Author Topic: The Fat Plumber Thread  (Read 82475 times)

Offline Berto

• Total Meseta: 22
Re: The Fat Plumber Thread
« Reply #90 on: February 10, 2022, 12:18:08 am »
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - Booster Course Pass DLC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uZDbDoDAq4

Offline Mystic Monkey

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #91 on: March 04, 2022, 07:39:16 am »
I'm gonna call it.

March 10 is Mario Day. (Because of Mar10). I think Illumination will drop a trailer to the upcoming Super Mario movie by then.

Offline Berto

« Reply #92 on: March 04, 2022, 07:07:39 pm »
I'm gonna call it.

March 10 is Mario Day. (Because of Mar10). I think Illumination will drop a trailer to the upcoming Super Mario movie by then.

That's .... somehow make sense. Let's wait then. March 10 is not too far.

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #93 on: March 05, 2022, 04:10:32 am »
That's .... somehow make sense. Let's wait then. March 10 is not too far.
I wanna see the competition Sonic's second movie will have. Though knowing Illumination it will turn out to be a mediocre movie but their marketing team along with Nintenedo will make everyone love it regardless.

I mean, who really cares for Minions or Sing?

Offline Berto

« Reply #94 on: March 05, 2022, 04:58:52 am »
I wanna see the competition Sonic's second movie will have. Though knowing Illumination it will turn out to be a mediocre movie but their marketing team along with Nintenedo will make everyone love it regardless.

I mean, who really cares for Minions or Sing?

If it intendeds for kids, they'll be mediocre.
Even though mediocre, they are still memorable.
And make a good meme material too, free marketing.

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #95 on: March 05, 2022, 02:45:25 pm »
If it intendeds for kids, they'll be mediocre.
Even though mediocre, they are still memorable.
And make a good meme material too, free marketing.
I imagine it be an all-family movie than just for kids. Maybe PG at least.

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #96 on: March 10, 2022, 05:01:40 pm »
So much for my prediction.

Offline Berto

« Reply #97 on: March 10, 2022, 08:58:44 pm »

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #98 on: March 11, 2022, 03:18:42 am »
At least they bring discounts...
Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 included

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2022/03/reminder-mar10-day-sale-now-live-on-us-switch-eshop-mario-games-discounted
I don't have a Switch tho'.

Still Nintendo probably has a strategy in case Sonic 2 becomes a blockbuster.

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #99 on: March 14, 2022, 06:14:09 am »
If you could script a movie adaption of Super Mario, what would be the rough premise would you have in mind?

Mine would be about the Mushroom Kingdom being depicted as a utopian kingdom where both humans and mushroom-folk live priviledged lives (the over-class citizens or overdwellers). But of course these clean streets and privileges need to be maintained and given no one wants to do the dirty work it's left to the literal underside of the city where the poor and the laborours (under-class citizens or underdwellers) live in slums built into the sewers and caverns under the city.

Mario and Luigi live in the undercity of the Mushroom Kingdom. Mario wishes to live in the city above them and be more involved in activities such as sports, games, go karting and other social activities, all the while Luigi thinks these are just silly dreams.

Bowser also lives in the undercity but before becoming king of koopas he's trying to start a revolution for underdwellers rights to live in the city and willing t demolish the monarchy to assure that to happen. While Mario and Luigi agree that it would be nice if the citizens of the Mushroom Kingdom were not divided by privileged-class to working-class they find Bowsers revolutionary ideas to radical to get involved.

When the plumbing in the royal castle gets messy, they assign Mario and Luigi to fix it. Mario and Lugii regard this a big and privilege jobs while the royal attendants rather the plumbers be kept out of sight, out of mind. But through circumstances Mario meets the kings daughter Princess Peach and strikes up a friendship with her, which in turn makes her more aware there is more to her kingdom that the idealic city outside her bedroom window.

Meanwhile, Bowser gets impatient for change and decides to take matters into his own hands by terrorism. And given he has koopas willing to revolt with him leads to Bowser blowing up the castle and kidnapping the princess in order to demand better living conditions for his people. However over time the pwoer gets to Bowsers head that instead of trying to demolish the monarchy he will establish his own. Thus Marioand Luigi goes to save the princess all the while face prejudism for being under-class citizens.

I can imagine the movie climax being Bowser blows up most of the city, almost ruining it. But in the end it's decided instead of the city being restored to how it was, instead the city will be built to compromise the damage left over by bowser, thus the giant gaping holes exposing the undercity are renovated and built as part as the main city, thus allowing the citizens to work together than be divided.

At least that would be my pitch for a Super Mario movie. Instead of putting Mario and Luigi on top it would make them start out literally at the bottom and offer them chance to be heroes. The very thing that holds them back could also serve as a "moral to the story" against prejudism and social division.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2022, 06:28:42 am by Mystic Monkey »

Offline Berto

« Reply #100 on: March 14, 2022, 09:00:38 pm »
Isn't Mushroom Kingdom only consists of mushroom-folk?
When I travel in  Mushroom Kingdom (Mario Odyssey, Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle), almost no humans in sight.
All humans seem like they live only in New Donk City,
a town where Mario save from Donkey Kong
where Pauline later become a major of it.

Which is why Luigi is raising the right question here (bad timing though) :

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #101 on: March 15, 2022, 05:07:05 am »
Isn't Mushroom Kingdom only consists of mushroom-folk?
When I travel in  Mushroom Kingdom (Mario Odyssey, Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle), almost no humans in sight.
All humans seem like they live only in New Donk City,
a town where Mario save from Donkey Kong
where Pauline later become a major of it.

Which is why Luigi is raising the right question here (bad timing though) :

It's because of Luigi's question why I would mix it up a bit to include humans in the Mushroom Kingdom. It would also explain Mario and Luigi's presence as well. The Mushroom Kingdom can still have mushroom folk just live along side humans peacefully.

Maybe Goombas could be regarded as mushroom folk who take on an illness or a defect that forces them to become under class citizens.

It's either that or Peach was once a regular girl who like Mario, ended up in the Mushroom Kingdom and the toads just accepted her as princess for "chosen one" reasons.

Offline Berto

« Reply #102 on: March 16, 2022, 12:17:15 am »
It's because of Luigi's question why I would mix it up a bit to include humans in the Mushroom Kingdom. It would also explain Mario and Luigi's presence as well. The Mushroom Kingdom can still have mushroom folk just live along side humans peacefully.

Maybe Goombas could be regarded as mushroom folk who take on an illness or a defect that forces them to become under class citizens.

It's either that or Peach was once a regular girl who like Mario, ended up in the Mushroom Kingdom and the toads just accepted her as princess for "chosen one" reasons.

Could be. It's just those humans didn't show up when I played the game.

Or may be ...

Also other theory ...

and the most recent one after Bowsette meme was famous ...

https://twitter.com/kaylakaneshiro/status/1045478596465381376

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #103 on: March 16, 2022, 06:18:39 am »
Could be. It's just those humans didn't show up when I played the game.

Or may be ...

Also other theory ...

and the most recent one after Bowsette meme was famous ...

https://twitter.com/kaylakaneshiro/status/1045478596465381376
It would make sense that Princess Peach was a former toad (or toadette. I don't think toads have gender and "toadette" is simply an identity). It be like how queen bees are made by feeding the one larvae royal jelly. Without the jelly that bee would just be a worker bee.
For this case the Toads may decide a princess to rule them by giving a toadette a Power Crown. And once she assumes the new identity bestowed upon her by the crown she may take over as ruler of Mushroom Kingdom.

But I'm on about my own cinematic version of a Super Mario movie so I would allow humans and mushroom folk to mingle, as well as humans living in the underside of the city with koopas and goombas.

Offline Berto

« Reply #104 on: April 25, 2022, 11:59:11 pm »