Author Topic: Sony Asia Conference for 9/9  (Read 25521 times)

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
Re: Sony Asia Conference for 9/9
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2013, 08:48:39 am »
They are doing an excellent job. Way way better than their competition. It's not even questionable anymore that sony is gonna dominate this gen. I dunno how to feel about that though :P.

I'm feeling a bit sad for nintendo lol because they are starting to look... "small"? Don't know if that's the right word. Things are looking worse for nintendo with each day.

Offline Radrappy

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2013, 10:48:43 am »
What exactly are you guys so impressed by?  Dynasty Warriors 20?  Other than Nova there wasn't a single game that made me raise an eyebrow in the entire conference. 

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2013, 11:55:18 am »
What exactly are you guys so impressed by?  Dynasty Warriors 20?  Other than Nova there wasn't a single game that made me raise an eyebrow in the entire conference. 

New Playstation Vita model, Playstation Vita TV, Deep Down, Soul Sacrifice Delta, Ryu Ga Gotoku: Ishin   and Phantasy Star Nova. This is without addressing titles like Gundam for Playstation 4, Lily Bergamo etc.

When you add it all up, its an extremely well done presentation for what is merely an appetiser for Tokyo Game Show.

Offline Radrappy

« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2013, 12:54:41 pm »
New Playstation Vita model, Playstation Vita TV, Deep Down, Soul Sacrifice Delta, Ryu Ga Gotoku: Ishin   and Phantasy Star Nova. This is without addressing titles like Gundam for Playstation 4, Lily Bergamo etc.

When you add it all up, its an extremely well done presentation for what is merely an appetiser for Tokyo Game Show.

It's hard to get excited when any hardly gameplay is shown.  The only real new footage showcased was for DeepDown, which for all intents and purposes looks like the poor man's dark souls.  I'm still scratching my head about what Lily Bergamo even is.

I am excited about Nova though, which is definitely something.  I really hope it delivers given how burnt PSO2 left me.  The vita TV is a neat idea as well. 

Offline tarpmortar

• Total Meseta: 7
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2013, 03:11:55 pm »
Lily Bergamo is Grasshopper, that's all I need to know for the game to have my attention going forward. With that said, PC-exclusive gamer and all so what I care about matters little in the console realm because I have 0 intention of backing any consoles with real, hard, US currency.

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2013, 03:44:40 pm »
It was a good conference,glad i stayed up for it. but still feeling the consequences of staying up for it. pretty tired today.. lol

Offline CrazyT

« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2013, 05:15:10 pm »
Look at it this way. Talking about the vita TV; it had always been that expensive handheld that wasn't worth putting the expenses and resources for what it could deliver because of higher cost compared to like the 3DS. We all know that japan could care less about graphics. This is where the ps vita tv is just putting itself in an amazing spot.

The cheapeast gen HD console with enough to play the type of content japan loves, a pricepoin below the ps3 and yet has so many other functions as well. This balances out everything and has so much potential imo

Games? Yeah not too blown away either but that's personal preferences. I'm not looking at it from that angle. This was generally a great presentation for a new japanese console.

I'm sorry but if nintendo has nothign in their sleeves, the vita tv may have taken the spot from wii u as the console that isn't much about graphics but a good price point for great visuals console. As long the gamepad doesn't convince people, Nintendo will have to rely solely on exclusives...
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 05:17:55 pm by CrazyTails »

Offline Radrappy

« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2013, 05:25:46 pm »
Look at it this way. Talking about the vita TV; it had always been that expensive handheld that wasn't worth putting the expenses and resources for what it could deliver because of higher cost compared to like the 3DS. We all know that japan could care less about graphics. This is where the ps vita tv is just putting itself in an amazing spot.

The cheapeast gen HD console with enough to play the type of content japan loves, a pricepoin below the ps3 and yet has so many other functions as well. This balances out everything and has so much potential imo

Games? Yeah not too blown away either but that's personal preferences. I'm not looking at it from that angle. This was generally a great presentation for a new japanese console.

I'm sorry but if nintendo has nothign in their sleeves, the vita tv may have taken the spot from wii u as the console that isn't much about graphics but a good price point for great visuals console. As long the gamepad doesn't convince people, Nintendo will have to rely solely on exclusives...

I don't know that I would label the vita's library as one that appeals to a family/casual/widespread audience in the same way that nintendo's does.  Being able to stream these games to your tv doesn't suddenly make niche titles popular. 

they don't even have monster hunter any more. 
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 05:30:26 pm by Radrappy »

Offline CrazyT

« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2013, 05:48:59 pm »
I agree. But will content be enough though? Sony is starting to standardize and creating an ecosystem of where all their hardware connect with each other. People with one sony device will find a great convenience in owning another sony device. It's very like apple now. Where they'll be stuck simply because of a much greater convenience and the synergy.

That's really what this is though. Not my thing either... but seeing as how popular this can be, sony could be pushing in the right direction.

In the end we'll see if sony can compete in this ecosystem thing.

Offline Radrappy

« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2013, 06:13:25 pm »
I agree. But will content be enough though? Sony is starting to standardize and creating an ecosystem of where all their hardware connect with each other. People with one sony device will find a great convenience in owning another sony device. It's very like apple now. Where they'll be stuck simply because of a much greater convenience and the synergy.

That's really what this is though. Not my thing either... but seeing as how popular this can be, sony could be pushing in the right direction.

In the end we'll see if sony can compete in this ecosystem thing.

I agree that it's all very cool and this will save me the trouble of buying a vita when PSnova comes out.  Assuming it's good.  Please god.   

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2013, 06:41:00 pm »
I see Vita TV more as a last attempt to get Vita foothold in the western market. Japanese are fine with their handhelds, but as we have seen, western market isn't so keen on dedicated handhelds anymore. $100 is a good price, and they could possibly even bundle Vita TV with the PS4. I remember there was rumors of a PS4/Vita bundle floating around a while back, maybe this is what it was talking about. Would make sense. Much cheaper to bundle with PS4 then a normal Vita is.

Also they had Andrew House come out and present it, he isn't part of their JP branch, so I really do think it was a device made for the western market.

I'm really happy Sony is willing to give the Vita another chance at life in the west, even if it isn't in traditional handheld form. Western gamers seem to much prefer playing on TV's if they are playing videogames on dedicated devices. Vita is a really cool platform with interesting games, would be a shame if it can't live on in the west.

It also completely undercuts the Wii u and Ouya. So this could possibly be an alternative for someone who is looking for a cheap game console who just wants to play digital games.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 06:46:13 pm by Will »

Offline Deefy

• Total Meseta: 6
  • SupporterOfSEGA & F.C.Internazionale
« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2013, 08:20:16 pm »
I see Vita TV more as a last attempt to get Vita foothold in the western market. Japanese are fine with their handhelds, but as we have seen, western market isn't so keen on dedicated handhelds anymore...
Also they had Andrew House come out and present it, he isn't part of their JP branch, so I really do think it was a device made for the western market.

I'm really happy Sony is willing to give the Vita another chance at life in the west, even if it isn't in traditional handheld form. Western gamers seem to much prefer playing on TV's if they are playing videogames on dedicated devices. Vita is a really cool platform with interesting games, would be a shame if it can't live on in the west.

It also completely undercuts the Wii u and Ouya. So this could possibly be an alternative for someone who is looking for a cheap game console who just wants to play digital games.

Completely agree with you Shadi, also after the announcement of Phantasy Star nova (which actually took place before) ;D, this "new" platform interests me a lot.
SEGA STYLE

Offline CrazyT

« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2013, 09:04:06 pm »
This could still turn out not so great but one thing's for sure. Nintendo right now needs multiple "mario galaxies" if they want to stay relevant.

It is like the nintendo 3DS. Very average hardware but the games is what makes it. If Wii U can have the games, no doubt things will be a lot more interesting. As many people said this first year it looks more like a safe bet on increasing the installbase. At 300 euro/dollars that will be a lot harder than 100...

Offline Emmett The Crab

• Total Meseta: 24
  • Smotrenfu!
    • http://www.CliveBarkerCast.com
« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2013, 01:07:07 am »
How does it stream to TV?

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2013, 02:00:25 am »

[/quote]
Sony really owns the next generation. Wow at every single move they've done so far. They're un-fucking-stoppable

Seriously ?  SONY showed off little of any games actually running on the PS4 in terms of Software ready for launch MS is way out in front and SEGA shows off one game that looks last gen and that's won the war too ?
The PS4 has gone from kicking the XBox One ass in E3 to know being 2nd best in terms of launch software and games worth getting .
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure