Author Topic: Sega Dreamcast Heroes - From 9.9.99 till Now The Challenge Will Always be There!  (Read 91880 times)

Offline Berto

• Total Meseta: 22
Happy Birthday Seaman (US)!

Yesterday 22 years ago Seaman was released for the Sega Dreamcast in US.
Now that you have obtained your own Seaman egg, use the faithful recreation of Dr. Gasse's laboratory to follow in his footsteps, uncovering the secrets of the Seaman.
When the Seaman egg hatches, the adventure begins.

More about Seaman : http://segabits.com/blog/tag/seaman/

Offline Berto

I heard it had games for FFVIII, I wonder what they were like?

Chocobo World mini game.
It's like Chao but with Chocobo instead
and for collecting item instead of raising Chao.
This mini game compability of course was removed in Remastered or Port Version of FFVIII.

Offline Berto

Street Fighter III "Evo Moment #37" Parody

Source : https://mobile.twitter.com/giganticbuddha

Offline Berto

Cool Cool Toon (SEGA Dreamcast) - English Translation Patch is In The Work

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flB0JXJPibU

Today marks the 22nd anniversary of SNK's Dreamcast-exclusive rhythm game "Cool Cool Toon", a perfect time to announce it as my next English translation patch project!
Stay tuned for updates from me, @Cargodin, and @popomocco.

Source : https://twitter.com/derekpascarella/status/1557351067179966470

Offline Mystic Monkey

• Total Meseta: 0
Happy Birthday Seaman (US)!

More about Seaman : http://segabits.com/blog/tag/seaman/
I know there is seaman 2 out there in Japan, just for some reason it's hardly covered as the first Seaman game.

We either need Seaman 2, or remake both games as a combination.

Chocobo World mini game.
It's like Chao but with Chocobo instead
and for collecting item instead of raising Chao.
This mini game compability of course was removed in Remastered or Port Version of FFVIII.

You can ride chocobo, but chao are cuter.
Cool Cool Toon (SEGA Dreamcast) - English Translation Patch is In The Work

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flB0JXJPibU

Source : https://twitter.com/derekpascarella/status/1557351067179966470
Something about Dreamcast and it's Sega games that really incorporated the turn of millennial culture at the time.

Offline Berto

I know there is seaman 2 out there in Japan, just for some reason it's hardly covered as the first Seaman game.

We either need Seaman 2, or remake both games as a combination.

Yoot Saito, the Seaman creato,r would love to but all decision is SEGA's.
He didn’t rule out a spiritual successor but said the average player isn’t ready for a brand-new genre.
Still at leats this year the franchise's back as ASMR

You can ride chocobo, but chao are cuter.

How about both combined into one?

Something about Dreamcast and it's Sega games that really incorporated the turn of millennial culture at the time.

Yep, even me (as a VS fighting game lover that hate SEGA ditch the 6-buttons Saturn controller for VMU-based controller) have to embrace Dreamcast due to its glorious VS fighting game library :

Marvel vs Capcom 2
Super heroes are huge things in that era.
This game went crazy with having 56 playable characters.

Street Fighter III
IGN said this is the best fighting game of all time.

Virtua Fighter 3tb
One of Dreamcast (JP) launch games, becoming one of the best-selling Dreamcast games in Japan

Soul Calibur

The first perfect 3D fighting game in console with incredibly smooth 60 frame per second game engine.

Capcom vs. SNK: Millennium Fight 2000
Capcom vs. SNK 2 Millionaire Fighting

Crossover of the best fighting game franchises.
It even has Millenium in it title to represents the era.

Also of course Power Stone series.
The Dreamcast brawler that foresaw Fortnite and Overwatch.

I could still go on with Guilty Gear X, Project Justice, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, Dead or Alive 2, Garou: Mark Of The Wolves, etc... etc...
But the point is Dreamcast is a "Jack of All Trade" system (all genres are there) and somehow it could master them all.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2022, 10:09:09 pm by Berto »

Offline Mystic Monkey

Yoot Saito, the Seaman creato,r would love to but all decision is SEGA's.
He didn’t rule out a spiritual successor but said the average player isn’t ready for a brand-new genre.
Still at leats this year the franchise's back as ASMR
I think Saito should at least consider remaking Seaman 1 first. And given Seaman 1 ends up your seaman leaving you for a jungle hidden behind the tank and clips of Seaman 2 taking place on a tropical jungle, I can imagine he can easily combine both games into one.

Though wouldn't be the sake without Nimoy.
How about both combined into one?

I don't recall a gamer hat for chao... but yes. Chao were more interactive that chocobo.
Yep, even me (as a VS fighting game lover that hate SEGA ditch the 6-buttons Saturn controller for VMU-based controller) have to embrace Dreamcast due to its glorious VS fighting game library :

Marvel vs Capcom 2
Super heroes are huge things in that era.
This game went crazy with having 56 playable characters.

Street Fighter III
IGN said this is the best fighting game of all time.

Virtua Fighter 3tb
One of Dreamcast (JP) launch games, becoming one of the best-selling Dreamcast games in Japan

Soul Calibur

The first perfect 3D fighting game in console with incredibly smooth 60 frame per second game engine.

Capcom vs. SNK: Millennium Fight 2000
Capcom vs. SNK 2 Millionaire Fighting

Crossover of the best fighting game franchises.
It even has Millenium in it title to represents the era.

Also of course Power Stone series.
The Dreamcast brawler that foresaw Fortnite and Overwatch.

I could still go on with Guilty Gear X, Project Justice, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, Dead or Alive 2, Garou: Mark Of The Wolves, etc... etc...
But the point is Dreamcast is a "Jack of All Trade" system (all genres are there) and somehow it could master them all.
You could of got the Arcade Stick for them.

Offline Berto

I think Saito should at least consider remaking Seaman 1 first. And given Seaman 1 ends up your seaman leaving you for a jungle hidden behind the tank and clips of Seaman 2 taking place on a tropical jungle, I can imagine he can easily combine both games into one.

If I'm not mistaken, he proposed one for Nintendo 3DS back then but SEGA said no.
Guess after that he just moved on and focus on something else.

You could of got the Arcade Stick for them.

Nowadays yes, back then it's hard to find them in my country.

Offline Mystic Monkey

If I'm not mistaken, he proposed one for Nintendo 3DS back then but SEGA said no.
Guess after that he just moved on and focus on something else.
The NDS or N3DS would of been ideal for Seaman due to the stylus and microphone.

I was thinking, what about Seaman for VR? Able to stand in the dark room with the tank, tap on the glass, talk to your fish, pick 'em up, feed 'em grubs etc.

Maybe add instruments and toys to entertain your seaman with.

Offline Berto

The NDS or N3DS would of been ideal for Seaman due to the stylus and microphone.

I was thinking, what about Seaman for VR? Able to stand in the dark room with the tank, tap on the glass, talk to your fish, pick 'em up, feed 'em grubs etc.

Maybe add instruments and toys to entertain your seaman with.

If any third party company interested in publishing it, sure.
SEGA themself weren't interested in VR, it wasn't that popular in Japan.
Even Space Channel 5 VR, VR Figure From Shining, and the postponed Panzer Dragoon VR weren't published by SEGA.

Offline Mystic Monkey

If any third party company interested in publishing it, sure.
SEGA themself weren't interested in VR, it wasn't that popular in Japan.
Even Space Channel 5 VR, VR Figure From Shining, and the postponed Panzer Dragoon VR weren't published by SEGA.

It is dissapointing that the classic Sega games that are getting remakes are from third party developers and not Sega themselves. Like "I can't be bothered, you do it."

But it is nice Sega still putting their names on them and calling them legitimate, even if all they did was say yes.

Offline Berto

It is dissapointing that the classic Sega games that are getting remakes are from third party developers and not Sega themselves. Like "I can't be bothered, you do it."

But it is nice Sega still putting their names on them and calling them legitimate, even if all they did was say yes.

Yeah, and I love that almost all of them are a success.
Wonder Boy: Dragon's Trap, Streets of Rage 4, Monster Boy, Asha in Monster World, HotD Remake, and Panzer Dragoon Remake.
Especially The House of the Dead: Remake
It has earned the highest post-premiere sales revenue in Forever Entertainment's history thus far, according to their Q2 2022 report.

Sadly the VR games aren't sold as good as them.
The reason is simple : the platform is too limited.
Wonder Boy: Dragon's Trap, Streets of Rage 4, Monster Boy, Asha in Monster World, HotD Remake, and Panzer Dragoon Remake are multi platforms, available almost anywhere.

Offline Mystic Monkey

Yeah, and I love that almost all of them are a success.
Wonder Boy: Dragon's Trap, Streets of Rage 4, Monster Boy, Asha in Monster World, HotD Remake, and Panzer Dragoon Remake.
Especially The House of the Dead: Remake
It has earned the highest post-premiere sales revenue in Forever Entertainment's history thus far, according to their Q2 2022 report.

Sadly the VR games aren't sold as good as them.
The reason is simple : the platform is too limited.
Wonder Boy: Dragon's Trap, Streets of Rage 4, Monster Boy, Asha in Monster World, HotD Remake, and Panzer Dragoon Remake are multi platforms, available almost anywhere.
I believe there is high potential for the VR market, but I believe in order for their to be a successful market VR developers should consider marketing towards one another than competing towards one another.

Take Blade & Sorcery by WarpFrog for example. It's mostly a sandbox game. Just basic maps to fight in and that's that. Barely any story mode. That's because the developers have gone all in on the VR physics and gameplay being as realistic and as satisfactory as possible.

Then there's games like Corrupted Hospital and Silent Mansion by MINO ENTERTAINMENT INC. These VR games do have a decent story but the VR experience is horrible and in truth the developers are struggling with a small team.

Now instead of WarpFrog keeping their VR build to themselves while other VR games struggle with their own build, what if WarpFrog release their build on the Unity Asset Store? They can still put a price on it but allow other game developers to use it for their projects. That way developers like MINO could concentrate on the quality of their game more and simply download B&S VR Asset to build around it.

If VR developers help one another out than be competitive with one another, then the VR market can have a more sturdy leg to go on. And once the VR market is in full swing then these developers can go back to traditional competitive business.

On a Sega-related suggestion, this is why I believe Sega should consider a "Sega Superstars VR" game, a selection of Sega-themed games for VR, and maybe include some demo's to genuine Sega VR games.

Offline Berto

The story of the cancelled Game Boy Color-to-Dreamcast official connectivity solution

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilaJUOr8Knk

This proposed adaptor was not meant to be a physical cable linking the two systems, like with the Neo-Geo Pocket Color-to-Dreamcast cable which did release.
Rather, this was a scanner that would be attached to the side port on a GBC, normally used for the multiplayer link cable.
This would scan the TV screen for special bar codes that would appear at certain points in the Sakura Wars Dreamcast remake, which would then unlock extra content in Sakura Wars GB.

Article : http://segabits.com/blog/2022/08/18/the-story-of-the-cancelled-game-boy-color-to-dreamcast-official-connectivity-solution/

Offline Mystic Monkey