Author Topic: Streets of Rage - Only Trust Your Fist !!!  (Read 60147 times)

Offline Berto

• Total Meseta: 22
Re: Streets of Rage - Only Trust Your Fist !!!
« Reply #150 on: August 04, 2022, 10:28:35 pm »
Estel and Blaze Fanart by HanjiBaby

Source : https://twitter.com/hanji_baby_/status/1519700072568696833

Offline Berto

« Reply #151 on: August 04, 2022, 10:29:06 pm »

Offline Berto

« Reply #152 on: August 04, 2022, 10:30:05 pm »
It just works. But what are the chances the upcoming movie will go Detroit?

Low I think.
While storywise video game movies are different than the source material,
they at least adapt the place name right (Racoon City, Mushroom Kingdom, Green Hills).

Offline Mystic Monkey

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #153 on: August 05, 2022, 05:57:17 am »
Low I think.
While storywise video game movies are different than the source material,
they at least adapt the place name right (Racoon City, Mushroom Kingdom, Green Hills).

Green Hills they can get away with because it's suppose to be a small town. That's common in American fiction, but it depends on how fictional they would want this world that it may make it more of an alternate Earth than intended.

Take DC comics for example, it's set on "Earth" but they got so much heroes, villains, sci-fi and magic stuff going on as well as fictional cities like Metropolis, Gotham, Keystone City, Fawcett City and other places that at this point this Earth may as well be alien to ours.

I don't mind if we'll get a Sega Cinematic Universe where Wachowski's Earth will be a world for various Sega IPs set on Earth to get their movies going, but the Sonic movies establishes this Earth as a normal planet. Yes this Earth has fictional towns like Green Hills and super roboticists like Dr. Robotnik but these could be regarded as isolated fictional elements given they're small and have little impact on the world around them.

At least that's my thoughts on how Paramount/Sega should treat the world of Sonic movies if ever expands to a cinematic universe. They'll probably just film in some popular cities and call it Wood Oak City regardless where it be on Wachowski's Earth.

Offline Berto

« Reply #154 on: August 07, 2022, 03:30:15 am »
Green Hills they can get away with because it's suppose to be a small town. That's common in American fiction, but it depends on how fictional they would want this world that it may make it more of an alternate Earth than intended.

Take DC comics for example, it's set on "Earth" but they got so much heroes, villains, sci-fi and magic stuff going on as well as fictional cities like Metropolis, Gotham, Keystone City, Fawcett City and other places that at this point this Earth may as well be alien to ours.

I don't mind if we'll get a Sega Cinematic Universe where Wachowski's Earth will be a world for various Sega IPs set on Earth to get their movies going, but the Sonic movies establishes this Earth as a normal planet. Yes this Earth has fictional towns like Green Hills and super roboticists like Dr. Robotnik but these could be regarded as isolated fictional elements given they're small and have little impact on the world around them.

At least that's my thoughts on how Paramount/Sega should treat the world of Sonic movies if ever expands to a cinematic universe. They'll probably just film in some popular cities and call it Wood Oak City regardless where it be on Wachowski's Earth.

Yeah, it'll be better if it's the same earth.
It simplifies the story too compared than having universe travelling.

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #155 on: August 07, 2022, 09:36:57 am »
Yeah, it'll be better if it's the same earth.
It simplifies the story too compared than having universe travelling.

Yes, but speaking of universal traveling, another reason why it would be good for Streets of Rage and other Sega movies to share Wachowski's world is because a solution for universal travel was already provided in Sonic's first movie.

Rings are established as means for advance cultures to travel between worlds. No space ships or sci-fi explanations for travel or the complications, it's convenient, it's subtle in comparison to finding a parking spot for your space ship without causing a global panic and looks quick and easy. If Sega/Paramount ever made movies based on Alex Kidd, Phantasy Star, Space Harrier or Fantasy Zone and want any of those characters to visit other planets of go to Earth then just give them rings.

It's also why I wouldn't oppose if the Chaos Emeralds showed up in other Sega movies. I like the idea of Mr. X becoming physically powerful because he found one of the Chaos Emeralds and fitted it onto a ring which empowers him. Or if Dr. Roy Curien was given one of the Chaos Emeralds as a vital component for his BioReactor, allowing him to mass produce mutant clones.

I would love there to be a Sega Cinematic Universe with an Infinity Saga with the Chaos Emeralds.

But I know I've been on about this in the Sega Cinematic Universe thread. Just saying how cool it be if the Streets of Rage movie takes place on the same Earth Sonic and the Wachowski's reside on.

Offline Berto

« Reply #156 on: August 08, 2022, 02:01:17 am »
Best short SEGA games!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Orlu28QWxaY

Do you ever find that you don’t have enough time for gaming anymore?
Has your attention span seen better days?
Or do you just simply prefer brief games for some short and sweet video game sessions?

We got you!
Here are some SEGA games that you can enjoy in short bursts, so you can have time for other things in life… or maybe even more games!

Link : https://store.steampowered.com/search/?publisher=SEGA

Offline Berto

« Reply #157 on: August 08, 2022, 02:14:43 am »
Yes, but speaking of universal traveling, another reason why it would be good for Streets of Rage and other Sega movies to share Wachowski's world is because a solution for universal travel was already provided in Sonic's first movie.

Rings are established as means for advance cultures to travel between worlds. No space ships or sci-fi explanations for travel or the complications, it's convenient, it's subtle in comparison to finding a parking spot for your space ship without causing a global panic and looks quick and easy. If Sega/Paramount ever made movies based on Alex Kidd, Phantasy Star, Space Harrier or Fantasy Zone and want any of those characters to visit other planets of go to Earth then just give them rings.

It's also why I wouldn't oppose if the Chaos Emeralds showed up in other Sega movies. I like the idea of Mr. X becoming physically powerful because he found one of the Chaos Emeralds and fitted it onto a ring which empowers him. Or if Dr. Roy Curien was given one of the Chaos Emeralds as a vital component for his BioReactor, allowing him to mass produce mutant clones.

I would love there to be a Sega Cinematic Universe with an Infinity Saga with the Chaos Emeralds.

But I know I've been on about this in the Sega Cinematic Universe thread. Just saying how cool it be if the Streets of Rage movie takes place on the same Earth Sonic and the Wachowski's reside on.

Yeah, seeing the all powerful Jimbotnik in Sonic 2 Movie was really satisfying.
Imagine if that's happened to Mr. X, Curien, Dural, or Napoleon.

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #158 on: August 08, 2022, 05:39:04 am »
Yeah, seeing the all powerful Jimbotnik in Sonic 2 Movie was really satisfying.
Imagine if that's happened to Mr. X, Curien, Dural, or Napoleon.

They would only have one-seventh of that power but I imagine they could still do a lot with it.

In the game, Mr. X is a towering man with no boast on his strength. The way he chills in his chair on your arrival seems to be he is very confident in both his physical strength and political power. Though his posture may also indicate his finds your presence a minor nuisance.

Thing is, physical strength and confidence may not be enough to enforce enough authority to run a crime empire. Surely some of his "employers" have challenged him for the throne. Just saying if movie Mr. X had some supernatural edge over the people of Wood Oak City/Detroit, something that offers him enhanced physical skills and abilities, then that would definitely elevate his status as a crime boss. Just one-seventh of the power Dr. "Jim Carrey" Robotnik once possessed.

Offline Berto

« Reply #159 on: August 08, 2022, 08:26:28 pm »
They would only have one-seventh of that power but I imagine they could still do a lot with it.

In the game, Mr. X is a towering man with no boast on his strength. The way he chills in his chair on your arrival seems to be he is very confident in both his physical strength and political power. Though his posture may also indicate his finds your presence a minor nuisance.

Thing is, physical strength and confidence may not be enough to enforce enough authority to run a crime empire. Surely some of his "employers" have challenged him for the throne. Just saying if movie Mr. X had some supernatural edge over the people of Wood Oak City/Detroit, something that offers him enhanced physical skills and abilities, then that would definitely elevate his status as a crime boss. Just one-seventh of the power Dr. "Jim Carrey" Robotnik once possessed.

Well, he already has a technological edge over the people of Wood Oak City/Detroit.
He has a robot body.

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #160 on: August 09, 2022, 11:31:06 am »
Well, he already has a technological edge over the people of Wood Oak City/Detroit.
He has a robot body.

That comes later though. Though given Dr. Robotnik practically pioneered the technlogy of Wachowski's world means it will only be awhile before others reverse engineer his tech.

Offline Berto

« Reply #161 on: August 09, 2022, 08:18:35 pm »
That comes later though. Though given Dr. Robotnik practically pioneered the technlogy of Wachowski's world means it will only be awhile before others reverse engineer his tech.

Yeah, later, but we don't know what the movie will be based on.
SOR 1, 2, 3, or 4?
If 4, his kids also have a technological edge.

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #162 on: August 10, 2022, 08:47:37 am »
Yeah, later, but we don't know what the movie will be based on.
SOR 1, 2, 3, or 4?
If 4, his kids also have a technological edge.

Yeah,but we know the movies will be different from the games. I mean, I'd rather they be set in '80s or early '90s Detroit than it's own Wood Oak City.

Offline Berto

« Reply #163 on: August 10, 2022, 08:52:07 pm »
Yeah,but we know the movies will be different from the games. I mean, I'd rather they be set in '80s or early '90s Detroit than it's own Wood Oak City.

Me too.
I don't mind different things as long as it's better.
Like X-Men's Wolverine costume being black instead of yellow spandex.
'80s Detroit is definitely better than fictional Wood Oak City.

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #164 on: August 11, 2022, 04:28:56 am »
Me too.
I don't mind different things as long as it's better.
Like X-Men's Wolverine costume being black instead of yellow spandex.
'80s Detroit is definitely better than fictional Wood Oak City.

I agree, but I suppose all we can do is wait for the next two years. And hope we don't die by then.

I never really had concern over my mortality until we got the Sonic movies. Now I fear dying before seeing Sonic 3 or if we do get a Sega Cinematic Universe I'll never see the end of it.

I mean, how many MCU fans died before Endgame?