Author Topic: Yakuza: OF THE END  (Read 33551 times)

Offline Emmett The Crab

• Total Meseta: 24
  • Smotrenfu!
    • http://www.CliveBarkerCast.com
Re: Yakuza: OF THE END
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2010, 10:38:35 am »
:P Waambulance.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Guest »

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2010, 03:19:42 pm »
I hope they really go all out with this game and just make it as off-the-wall as possible. If they can find a way to include G or Rogan from HOTD to make appearances and throw in all sorts of weird stuff from as many other Sega games as they can it would be awesome.

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2010, 03:04:39 am »
Resident Evil took their normal zombies from Dawn of the Dead!!!! OMG Call the Waaambulance.

Sorry the 1st Resident Evil is nothing at all like Dawn of the Dead,both  in terms of game play or Zombies. In fact the 1st Zombie you see, owes more to Lucio Fulci Zombie movies

It hurts even more when you put into account the fact that Sega already has a Zombie game that this game could've borrowed creatures and stuff from, so going out of the way and ripping Capcom off really pisses me off.

I do get your point , some used the Celebrate Yakuza for not selling out and copying other games, but the fact is both Capcom and SEGA have borrowed for each other over the years.

Final Fight - Streets of Rage series (there's even a Blanka ripp off in SOR II)

PSO- Monster Hunter

Resident Evil - Deep Fear

The Lost World - Gun Survivor 3

I wouldn't worry too much about it myself. More worrying its how utterly lame Binary-Domain and what a utter copy it looks
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2010, 05:25:16 am »
Quote from: "Team Andromeda"
Resident Evil took their normal zombies from Dawn of the Dead!!!! OMG Call the Waaambulance.

Sorry the 1st Resident Evil is nothing at all like Dawn of the Dead,both  in terms of game play or Zombies. In fact the 1st Zombie you see, owes more to Lucio Fulci Zombie movies

Dawn of the Dead had gameplay?

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2010, 06:02:14 am »
Quote from: "MadeManG74"

Dawn of the Dead had gameplay?

If you were going to make Gameplay out of Dawn Of The Dead. You would make it take place in a Shopping Mall, allow the game player to use the shop objects against the Zombies and pack the screen full of Zombies, Just like in the Film

None of which happens in RE, Dead Rising on the other hand for sure.
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2010, 06:05:31 am »
If you were going to make Gameplay out of Dawn Of The Dead. You would make it take place in a Shopping Mall, allow the game player to use the shop objects against the Zombies and pack the screen full of Zombies, Just like in the Film

So, like Dead Rising? I love that game!

But I get your vibe, man.

Offline cube_b3

• Total Meseta: 3
« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2010, 07:14:18 am »
Quote from: "Sharky"

Is it just me or you just can't take anything against Yakuza?

Resident Evil owes more to Sweet Home than it does to Dawn of the Dead, Capcom actually fired George A. Romero from Resident Evil movie cause his vision wasn't compatible with their vision. He was doing weird things like making Chris a farmer near the mansion.

Furthermore George A. Romero was inspired by I AM LEGEND, a very well documented fact. Wiki it. More over wiki Zombies, they have existed since the beginning of time it self, waaay before Romero.

As for Lickers they are something Capcom Flagship studio created specifically for Resident Evil 2!

Lastly, Dawn of the Dead is the 2nd movie, you want to credit a movie credit Night of the living Dead!

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2010, 12:10:54 pm »
Is it just me or you just can't take anything against Yakuza?
It's just you.

Also, christ almighty dude... get another wife or something. I'm sorry I'm not a mouth breathing zombie movie fanatic. To be honest ALL of those movies are boring and might as well be the same thing.

My point is that, Zombies are copied from old Zombie movies, Drop ships and Space marines are copied from Aliens, Orces and such from Tolken... Everyone borrows from everyone else.

Time to get over it.
Made by SEGA

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2010, 02:10:57 pm »
Nagoshi and Kikuchi said that they are hoping to parody a few zombie games and films, as in, make fun of, with Of the End!, even the name is a parody of how some Japanese zombie films are titled.

Also Yakuza 4 had Virtua Fighter, Sonic the Hedgehog, Super Monkey Ball, Let's Make a series and NiGHTS references, so they'll be sure to be some more SEGA references here, Yakuza 1 had Jet Set Radio stuff too IIRC.

Quote from: "cube_b3"
Will this do for Yakuza what Shadow 05 did for Sonic?.

No, because this is not seen as a main game, Shadow the Hedgehog was a major game and was really bad.

Quote from: "cube_b3"
My excitement for the game was crippled once I saw the Trailer, from Majima's game it turned into a Resident Evil rip off, Seeing Lickers bravely in the center of the trailer was shameless and unforgivable plagiarism.

One moment of parodying and all of a sudden it's a ripoff! Forget the fact you train your team members, forget the fact the city is meant to be slowly overtaken as the game goes on, forget the fact it's not a survival horror, forget the fact that ONLY ONE THING LOOKS LIKE ITS FROM RESIDENT EVIL and all of a sudden it's copying Resident Evil?

You must hate Streets of Rage and Space Channel 5 too.

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #24 on: January 01, 2011, 01:04:56 am »
Also Yakuza 4 had Virtua Fighter, Sonic the Hedgehog, Super Monkey Ball, Let's Make a series and NiGHTS references, so they'll be sure to be some more SEGA references here, Yakuza 1 had Jet Set Radio stuff too IIRC.

One would expect that since it's made by SEGA.

They were those that celebrated SEGA Yakuza not selling out, staying the same and keeping the gameplay and not copying Capcom or major use of Guns ECT

What happend there ?

No, because this is not seen as a main game, Shadow the Hedgehog was a major game and was really bad.

Are you serious ? . This is a Major game with a major spend- highlighted with the push SOJ gave it at Tokyo Game Show,  Don't give me the Spin off Rubbish...One could say that about the Shining Games (that didn't use Force) but many fans were pissed of with them. Panzer Dragoon Saga was a spin off, so was Shadow, so was Chaotix

Also  unlike many spin off's Of the End is using all the Major characters established in the series) .It's all about the quality bar,  and it just wasn't there with Shadow  

forget the fact that ONLY ONE THING LOOKS LIKE ITS FROM RESIDENT EVIL and all of a sudden it's copying Resident Evil?

Maybe its more to with it looks like it's just coming countless Zombie modes in the Cod games, or games like Dead Rising , Left For Dead  or Red Dead Redemption; In game that so many on here (like I said) once celebrated Yakuza for not selling out to the West or copying other games.
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Offline Sega Uranus

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Thank You For Playing ECCO ECCO ECCO
    • The SEGA Source
« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2011, 03:49:22 am »

Bullshit. This is very rare from SEGA, especially Sonic Team who have only used other non-Sonic Team SEGA stuff in the Sonic Riders series.

Maybe its more to with it looks like it's just coming countless Zombie modes in the Cod games, or games like Dead Rising , Left For Dead  or Red Dead Redemption; In game that so many on here (like I said) once celebrated Yakuza for not selling out to the West or copying other games.

Zombies are probably the most popular group of monsters in existence. In fact you would be extremely hard pressed to find a week out of any in a year where there are absolutely no games that have zombies in them released.

OF THE END does not really share anything gameplay-wise in common with any game I can think of. It is even greatly different from the series it is part of, they are just trying a new idea - Exactly what you wanted them to do. If it does not work out then it will change nothing.

If it is a concept that sells, everyone else but SEGA is allowed to use it? I am confused by this logic.

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #26 on: January 01, 2011, 04:21:34 am »
Bullshit. This is very rare from SEGA, especially Sonic Team who have only used other non-Sonic Team SEGA stuff in the Sonic Riders series.

Sonic has appeared in Am1 Rad Mobile, AM3 Le Man's 24, AM#2 Sonic Fighters , AM#2 Daytona USA , AM#2 Spike Out, AM#2 Out Run II,  AM#2 Shenmue,  Am#2 Beach Spikers AM#3 Get Bass,  Joe Montana  II , AM1 OutRunners, Smilebit J.League Pro Striker, AM#3 Last Bronx

And that's just the games I can think off the top of my Head

Not Bullshit at all .

Zombies are probably the most popular group of monsters in existence. In fact you would be extremely hard pressed to find a week out of any in a year where there are absolutely no games that have zombies in them released.

That's not the issue at all Many here used to bang on about how it was great SEGA weren't doing a Capcom and not selling out to the west or copying other games .

they are just trying a new idea

Nothing remotely new in a game with shooting  or fighting Zombies

If it is a concept that sells, everyone else but SEGA is allowed to use it? I am confused by this logic

I'm not really against it all . Just saying that many here didn;t want SEGA to do games with GUNs or Zombies leave that for the West or Capcom , but its now ok for Yakuza ??>
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Offline Sega Uranus

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Thank You For Playing ECCO ECCO ECCO
    • The SEGA Source
« Reply #27 on: January 01, 2011, 04:54:37 am »

Sonic has appeared in Am1 Rad Mobile, AM3 Le Man's 24, AM#2 Sonic Fighters , AM#2 Daytona USA , AM#2 Spike Out, AM#2 Out Run II,  AM#2 Shenmue,  Am#2 Beach Spikers AM#3 Get Bass,  Joe Montana  II , AM1 OutRunners, Smilebit J.League Pro Striker, AM#3 Last Bronx

And that's just the games I can think off the top of my Head

Not Bullshit at all .

Yes, Sonic - SEGA's mascot - Has appeared in games that are not about him. What does this prove? It is generally very rare for SEGA games to have multiple cameos, usually it is just inspiration. I think a lot of games SEGA has made look similar to levels in AfterBurner Climax, but that does not really count as anything.

That's not the issue at all Many here used to bang on about how it was great SEGA weren't doing a Capcom and not selling out to the west or copying other games

I am not sure how zombies and guns in the games have anything to do with selling out or trying to appeal to people who play stuff like Call of Duty. Besides the zombie stuff (which is only in two games in the series so far), the series is extremely realistic in comparison to Yakuza and it is unlikely that most of the fans are into the series specifically because of those zombies. Having zombies in it does not mean it is copying anything, as I pointed out before, most games today have zombie or zombie-like creatures in them, it is just a very popular concept. If it had robots instead would you say the same thing? What about demons?

they are just trying a new idea

Nothing remotely new in a game with shooting  or fighting Zombies

Except this game plays nothing like any other game based around zombies that I can even think of.

My point is that this is new to the franchise.

I'm not really against it all . Just saying that many here didn;t want SEGA to do games with GUNs or Zombies leave that for the West or Capcom , but its now ok for Yakuza ??>

I am not really sure why people would consider this as selling out. Yakuza games have always had guns, they have more guns in the cutscenes than most FPSs I can think of. If anything, selling out would be entirely scrapping the concepts based around the series (which this is not, just has a somewhat different battle system) and making it as close to Grand Theft Auto as possible.

Again, they are just trying a different set of concepts, just like with the PSP game. If one or the other does not do as good as they expect than nothing is changed.

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #28 on: January 01, 2011, 05:27:03 am »
Yes, Sonic - SEGA's mascot - Has appeared in games that are not about him. What does this prove?

It proves it wasn't bullshit and how Sonic has appeared in plenty of non ST games. Also it's nothing new,  SEGA has a long history of multiple cameos...  be that the Hang-On bike in After Burner or Chicken Leg in Golden Axe ECT .

I am not sure how zombies and guns in the games have anything to do with selling out or trying to appeal to people who play stuff like Call of Duty

Then you forget the grief some of us got , where we dared to say Yakuza was getting old, stale and needed a new direction. In came  people saying how it was wonderful Yakuza stayed true, didn't copy Capcom or Western games and didn't need Guns.

Except this game plays nothing like any other game based around zombies that I can even think of.

Fighting shooting Zombies is nothing new not even for SEGA, did that on Zombie Revenge , not really new in 3rd person either did that in the likes of Hunter: The Reckoning, RE4, Dead Rising.

If it had robots instead would you say the same thing? What about demons?

I rather the Team made a seprate action game based around those concepts rather than try and milk the Yakuza name (kind of like how the planned RE 4 split into DMC) For Yakuza I rather the Team were given 2 to 3 years development time to improve the engine , animation, tech , plenty of time to come up with new idea's and model a completely new City (maybe in the West) to give the series much needed freshness .

That's what I rather see

Yakuza games have always had guns, they have more guns in the cutscenes than most FPSs I can think of.

Try telling that to some on here

Again, they are just trying a different set of concepts, just like with the PSP game. If one or the other does not do as good as they expect than nothing is changed.

Why the need to use the main characters , and why the need for a completely new full priced game ?. Why didn't the team do a Red Dead Redemption ?

SEGA is simply miking the Yakuza name and brand far too much, its almost inevitable, the series  will go the way of Sonic, and Tomb Raider
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #29 on: January 01, 2011, 12:00:08 pm »

No, one would not. Not that many references anyway, the only other game that comes to mind is probably Bayonetta, outside of that, it's slim pickings when it comes to a bunch of SEGA cross overs in one game.

They were those that celebrated SEGA Yakuza not selling out, staying the same and keeping the gameplay and not copying Capcom or major use of Guns ECT

What happend there ?

No one here said that here? Infact certain members have thought having improved gameplay for guns would be a good addition to the future of the series?

Are you serious ? . This is a Major game with a major spend- highlighted with the push SOJ gave it at Tokyo Game Show,  Don't give me the Spin off Rubbish...One could say that about the Shining Games (that didn't use Force) but many fans were pissed of with them. Panzer Dragoon Saga was a spin off, so was Shadow, so was Chaotix.

So was Kenzan and was that a main entry into the series? No, it was not. Spinoffs can be big games for companies too, Vincent's Final Fantasy game for example, a major seller but was it a major release into the series? No it was not.

Shadow the Hedgehog however is not a spinoff, it's considered by both the makers and the fans to be a major entry into the Sonic series, completing the storyline that was put into motion in Sonic Adventure 2 and Sonic Heroes, Yakuza of the End will end up being nothing but an after thought when Yakuza 5 is announced. Shadow the Hedgehog however, was not, as seen in followups Sonic the Hedgehog 2006 and Sonic and the Black Knight.

Please explain to me where me discussing with Cube how Yakuza is not copying Resident Evil, in which he has said on several occassions, amounts to anything releating to me saying Yakuza is not following the zombie fad?

Yakuza being part of a fad, that is another argument, but copying Resident Evil just because of one monster design when said title is meant to be a parody of several zombie releated media is an entirely different matter.