Author Topic: Two forum themes to choose from!  (Read 11895 times)

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
Two forum themes to choose from!
« on: January 10, 2013, 11:32:44 pm »
So, I got the new theme up. I spent hours and hours upon hours cranking this thing out today. There won't be a dark theme coming for a long time, if you want a dark theme, use the PSO theme, sorry, its not at all easy like the front page is to swap colors, SMF has so many css classes to change colors and it's all very overwhelming :P i think they lie when they say SMF is easy for beginners to theme, unless they mean installing themes, anyways, that's a whole different topic.

So yeah, two themes. SEGAbits4 and PSO theme. One light, and one dark. I hope you guys enjoy!

Also, like the new ranks?
« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 11:41:15 pm by Will »

Offline Nameless 24

• Total Meseta: 14
  • Shocktrooper at Heart
Re: Two forum themes to choose from!
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2013, 07:05:00 am »
Love the new theme! Although may I suggest something?

You know the "SEGA fan" part at the side with Opa Opa? Could we have a few different ones for a little customisation? I love Opa Opa, but I feel that if everyone has the same thing with only the title being different, we'd all look the same...perhaps add a Sonic, Cartoon Kazuma and probably Alex Kidd one too?

It doesn't matter if we can't do that, just putting it out there to see if you can do that. :)

Here's a few I knocked up in 2 minutes (I did the Albatross logo beforehand, the others are pre-made in vector format).

Since I found this, Barry will like it.

For any Female/Amy fans out there.

« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 08:17:16 am by Nameless 24 »
Big fan of Claymore, Miria in particular.

Currently playing Yakuza 0.

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2013, 09:12:08 am »
Also, like the new ranks?
Thanks a lot for all the hassle! The theme looks great :) but is Sega Fan the only rank now?
PS: freaking love the rounded edges on the avatar pics
SEG4GES

Offline Happy Cat

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2013, 11:01:28 am »
Thanks a lot for all the hassle! The theme looks great :) but is Sega Fan the only rank now?
PS: freaking love the rounded edges on the avatar pics

Yeah, SEGA fan is the only rank, I was going to do just "MEMBER" but i didn't like the way member looked visually, something about it didn't appeal to me xD, so i went with SEGA FAN.

Love the new theme! Although may I suggest something?

You know the "SEGA fan" part at the side with Opa Opa? Could we have a few different ones for a little customisation? I love Opa Opa, but I feel that if everyone has the same thing with only the title being different, we'd all look the same...perhaps add a Sonic, Cartoon Kazuma and probably Alex Kidd one too?

It doesn't matter if we can't do that, just putting it out there to see if you can do that. :)

Here's a few I knocked up in 2 minutes (I did the Albatross logo beforehand, the others are pre-made in vector format).

Since I found this, Barry will like it.

For any Female/Amy fans out there.

That'd be a neat idea. I was actually thinking of doing something similar with the existing console ranks we had, but there was too many, and the realistic console photos didn't look so good with the simplistic style.

I like your idea though, it's really cool. Will talk with Barry about it and see what he says.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 11:03:54 am by Will »

Offline Happy Cat

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2013, 11:48:17 am »
Barry pointed out a mistake I made, for chrome and safari users...

the bars arent showing up. I didn't use the right gradient code for those browsers. Will have the issue fixed later today.

Offline Happy Cat

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2013, 01:34:15 pm »
Okay, got the gradient issue fixed for webkit based browsers.

Hopefully everything looks all pretty to everyone, now! :)

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2013, 01:38:07 pm »
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXwGVXD7qEQ[/youtube]

Offline Emmett The Crab

• Total Meseta: 24
  • Smotrenfu!
    • http://www.CliveBarkerCast.com
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2013, 02:14:23 am »
Why is it every time the forums change I lose my Avatar?

Offline Happy Cat

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2013, 09:53:30 am »
Why is it every time the forums change I lose my Avatar?

Everyone lost their avatar, well anyone who had one uploaded rather then just a linked URL. The attachments folder got corrupted when I was doing a clean upgrade of the forum software. Sorry for the trouble.