Author Topic: Request: Animated movies like PomPoko, Totoro etc.  (Read 17427 times)

Offline fluffymoochicken

• Total Meseta: 0
Re: Request: Animated movies like PomPoko, Totoro etc.
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2010, 05:56:36 pm »
Galaxy Express 999 seems like something that you would like. It was one of the first anime movies I'd ever seen. ^__^
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Guest »

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2010, 06:50:00 pm »
Fire and Ice looks awesome...
Made by SEGA

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2010, 10:15:42 pm »
Best kids show on TV right now:
[youtube:2cgifydd]o8qem1H0-XA[/youtube:2cgifydd]

Offline fluffymoochicken

« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2010, 10:18:56 pm »
You know, I wanted so badly to love Adventure Time, but a friend and I watched that entire episode and we didn't laugh a single time. I guess it's kind of cute, though.

Offline Sega Uranus

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Thank You For Playing ECCO ECCO ECCO
    • The SEGA Source
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2010, 04:21:01 am »
Quote from: "fluffymoochicken"
You know, I wanted so badly to love Adventure Time, but a friend and I watched that entire episode and we didn't laugh a single time. I guess it's kind of cute, though.

Maybe you saw the bad one with the Ice King? Watch the episode with the mountain that cries near a viking villiage. It is impossible not to laugh!

Offline STORM!

• Total Meseta: 15
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2010, 02:28:36 am »
STORM!, I can’t say I’ve heard of any of those but I think you may be pretty good at finding stuff I’m after as you probably see more animated stuff then any of us. Will look into them for sure!

Not really. I'm not an anime whore. I've just watched a lot of them in my childhood.

Nowadays I'm not watching any animes anymore... they are boring and not good at all, especially the ones for TV. I hate the animes made for the USA TV, like the ones showed in Cartoon Network, they are away far from what the animes from the past, like Hanna Barbera ones, were. In Japan its the same case, only mindless things, like Pokemon-look-a-like or Sailor Moon-look-a-like...

You have also Naruto, One Piece, Bleach, etc... and I don't like most of them.

I'm not even watching the new Saint Seiya anime. I don't like the new designs.

The ones I have recommended looks a bit childish at the beginning, but they are very "fantastic" at the middle to the end. Peter Pan is the best! It got very serious at the end. I'm looking for the dvd boxes of them, but can't find.

If you found them, let me know that.

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2010, 02:44:29 am »
Ah, I was just saying as you are from Japan those kind of shows are probably better known. I don't watch anime at all unless it seems like it'll be something unmissable.
Made by SEGA

Offline fluffymoochicken

« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2010, 02:51:52 am »
I like the sound of a Peter Pan anime, especially if it's a classic old school anime. ^__^ I also agree with you, Storm; cartoons and anime don't seem as good as they used to be.

Offline CosmicCastaway

• Total Meseta: 1
  • Loving Life
« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2010, 02:35:16 pm »
I like the sound of a Peter Pan anime, especially if it's a classic old school anime. ^__^ I also agree with you, Storm; cartoons and anime don't seem as good as they used to be.

There have actually been some fantastic shows in the past few years, just most of the goods ones are getting or have gotten canceled.

The Spectacular Spider-Man is one of best animated shows I've seen in recent years, but unfortunately it looks like it is getting canceled.  =/
Unlimited Continues:
http://unlimitedcontinues.wordpress.com/2012/08/18/favorite-five-video-game-ninjas/

For this edition of Unlimited Continues I share five of my favorite video game ninjas, three of which are SEGA characters!

Offline fluffymoochicken

« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2010, 03:07:25 pm »
Nah, Spectacular Spider-Man's pretty bad too. I watched most of the first season before I simply got too bored with it.

The saddest part is that you may be right about it being "one of the best animated shows ... in recent years", when it comes to American animation.

Offline CosmicCastaway

• Total Meseta: 1
  • Loving Life
« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2010, 03:15:56 pm »
Nah, Spectacular Spider-Man's pretty bad too. I watched most of the first season before I simply got too bored with it.

The saddest part is that you may be right about it being "one of the best animated shows ... in recent years", when it comes to American animation.

Saturday morning shows have really declined, there's barely anything on now and what is on is usually reruns.
I don't have any cable channels so for now I've been buying DVD boxsets of my favorite animated shows and watching the ones that aren't available on DVD via online sites.
Unlimited Continues:
http://unlimitedcontinues.wordpress.com/2012/08/18/favorite-five-video-game-ninjas/

For this edition of Unlimited Continues I share five of my favorite video game ninjas, three of which are SEGA characters!

Offline ribbitking17

« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2010, 02:30:10 am »
@Sega Uranus
I checked out fantastic planet tonight, It was a trip!