Author Topic: Sega fiscal report good news very good news...  (Read 42213 times)

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
Re: Sega fiscal report good news very good news...
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2013, 06:38:38 pm »
It's strange that there's 0 titles shown for next gen other than Wii U. Could this be cause they're not officially launched yet or they simply decided not to develop a lot for next gen yet? Anyway it does show that SEGA despite everything, still has an amazing partnership with nintendo. Ever since the console wars between the 2 died, they have been very close. I have grown to really like nintendo's legacy and I feel despite both have been in a competition, they have always both been very good for the industry.

I wonder if SEGA's got any exclusives for the wii u
« Last Edit: May 10, 2013, 06:40:20 pm by CrazyTails »

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2013, 06:41:03 pm »
I'm kinda weary of SEGA betting on the Wii-U as of right now. 3 possible exclusive titles...
I mean they already shoved the Aliens: CM WiiU port under the rug, so having 7 titles, is kinda risky seeing how the next-gen consoles are right around the corner.

Just to be sure, SKU's are physical games, correct? Digital-only titles don't count?
If so, I can only assume SEGA's got at least 4 possible multi-platform titles, hopefuly they'll show 'em at E3. We don't have any major info, safe to say that Sonic 2013 is going to be one of those titles.

But like I said before, the Wii U feels like developer poison, right now...

It is not 7 titles, it is 7 SKU. 1 sku is counted for one of the following; Americas release, Europe release, Asia release. So if we guess the next mainline Sonic game gets a release on the Wii U, it will get 3 SKU.

That leaves us with 4 SKU. Either they would be two Western bound SKU (US + Europe) or 1 internal release and one title exclusive to 1 region.

And yes, SKU is physical release, not digital release.

Offline CrazyT

« Last Edit: May 10, 2013, 06:46:30 pm by CrazyTails »

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2013, 06:45:14 pm »
At least four games(that we know of) are multi-platform, but honestly, the Wii U is not going to be another Wii, so I'm not expecting Mario & Sonic to move those huge numbers. The 3DS as of, right now, is Nintendo's more viable machine on the market.

Offline Aki-at

• The Dragon
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2013, 06:50:30 pm »
Just realised one of the PSP titles is 7th Dragon 2020-ii, so that just leaves one more SKU!

It's strange that there's 0 titles shown for next gen other than Wii U. Could this be cause they're not officially launched yet or they simply decided not to develop a lot for next gen yet? Anyway it does show that SEGA despite everything, still has an amazing partnership with nintendo. Ever since the console wars between the 2 died, they have been very close. I have grown to really like nintendo's legacy and I feel despite both have been in a competition, they have always both been very good for the industry.

What partnership? One major Sonic game takes 3 sku and we are left with 4 sku, indicating only two more titles for the Wii U, they have a closer relationship with Sony at this point.

Without being officially announced, Nagoshi's team is working on a Playstation 4 title and Creative Assembly are making an Alien title for Xbox next generation and Playstation 4. No doubt we will be getting some cross-generation games too indicated in their fiscal report;

We also intend to make our game software compatible with the next-generation game machines, which are due to be launched.

So I would imagine that would go for major multiplatform titles like Sonic.

At least four games(that we know of) are multi-platform, but honestly, the Wii U is not going to be another Wii, so I'm not expecting Mario & Sonic to move those huge numbers. The 3DS as of, right now, is Nintendo's more viable machine on the market.

Which four games are multiplatform Max?

Offline max_cady

« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2013, 07:00:22 pm »
I was looking at the numbers: 7 SKUs for Wii, 7 PS3 and 4 Xbox 360 titles...

So I assumed that, since SEGA hasn't released an Xbox 360-only title in years, I assumed that the 4 SKUs that are coming out for the Xbox 360 might be multiplatform titles.

Offline CrazyT

« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2013, 07:01:07 pm »
Aki^yeah I saw that. I do still think SEGA being one of the few supporthing nintendo's not so well performing console, but yeah what you're saying totally changes the likelesness of what I thought

Offline Aki-at

• The Dragon
« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2013, 07:14:07 pm »
I was looking at the numbers: 7 SKUs for Wii, 7 PS3 and 4 Xbox 360 titles...

So I assumed that, since SEGA hasn't released an Xbox 360-only title in years, I assumed that the 4 SKUs that are coming out for the Xbox 360 might be multiplatform titles.

Nah Max, you are looking at it wrong.

The 4 SKU on the Xbox 360 can be made up of; New Sonic (US release) New Sonic (EU release) New Sonic (Asia release) + 1 more sku. 1 Sku is always given to a SEGA retail title if it is released in one of the three regions, so for example, Yakuza 5 has 1 sku (Asia) whilst Aliens 360 has 2 sku (EU + US) and Binary Domain has 3 sku (Asia + EU + US)

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2013, 09:53:41 pm »
Thanks for the breakdowns aki, always fun to see what these reports reveal for future titles. Damn, it is gonna be a dry summer! Hope for solid digital titles.

Offline max_cady

« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2013, 07:49:07 am »
The Summer has always been the Dry Season for games, generally that's the period when digital titles get their moment in the spotlight.

Castle of Illusion is the big Summer title, as of right now.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2013, 11:19:48 am »
42 unique new packaged games from now til next March! SEGA is BACK guyz! :P

I mean, I really wanna know, why are people convinced that its one SKU per game, covering all regions. Apparently NeoGAF (the infallible gods of the internet) claim it isn't a SKU per region. 7 Wii U games between now and March? What?

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2013, 01:23:34 pm »
42 unique new packaged games from now til next March! SEGA is BACK guyz! :P

I mean, I really wanna know, why are people convinced that its one SKU per game, covering all regions. Apparently NeoGAF (the infallible gods of the internet) claim it isn't a SKU per region. 7 Wii U games between now and March? What?

I was looking at the neogaf topic yesterday, they seemed to finally work out that its 1 SKU per region, or did they change their minds again?

Offline Aki-at

• The Dragon
« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2013, 04:24:04 pm »
I did not think I needed to go on further about this...

If you go to page 5 of SEGA Appendix for the prior fiscal year go to page 5. There check the BREAKDOWN OF REGION, notice Japan/Other is 10 titles (13 sku) US is 8 (18 sku) and Europe is 7 (18 sku) add them all up and what do we get? 25 titles (With 49 sku)

Now go to FY ENDED 2013 table, go to the very bottom and notice is says 49 sku. So yes, SEGA counts first of all, the amount of ports the title has, then the region it was released.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2013, 04:44:02 pm »
Thanks bro. I mean, I dpn't want to argue with people. I thought we were just stating the facts. And there is no way consoles are getting that many packaged SEGA titles. If they did release that many, they'd be going against what they were saying about scaling back.

Offline Aki-at

• The Dragon
« Reply #29 on: May 11, 2013, 06:52:15 pm »
Thanks bro. I mean, I dpn't want to argue with people. I thought we were just stating the facts. And there is no way consoles are getting that many packaged SEGA titles. If they did release that many, they'd be going against what they were saying about scaling back.

I hear you bro, it seems a lot of people just overlook a few things. I have seen people mention Project Mirai and R Thief indicating SEGA's 3DS sku total is incorrect/points to total titles rather then total titles x region releases, however;

- Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai was released last year in March, but the fiscal year begins in April. So it is part of fiscal year 2012, not fiscal year 2013.
- Rhythm Thief has only 1 sku instead of 2 because SEGA only published the title in the US. Nintendo was the publisher in Europe.

So Rhythm Thief has 1 sku whilst Sonic & Allstars Racing Transformed 3DS has 2 sku (US and Europe release) and there you have the mystery of the 3DS sku solved.