Author Topic: 15 years on...time for a new Sega system?  (Read 28444 times)

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
Re: 15 years on...time for a new Sega system?
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2014, 12:58:20 pm »
Do you guys really need to do this every fucking thread?

Perhaps you are the one doing this! I await your heated reply.

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2014, 01:06:02 pm »

Well not really . If you grew up with SEGA in the 80's, 90's or far the DC period you grew up with a became a fan of a very different SEGA to one we have today sadly .

Sammy slashing of SEGA's R&D is very much to blame and don't go on about the SEGA board . Sammy makes sure who's appointed to run the SEGA group and has the final say.

Do you actually THINK before you post anything? If you were playing Sega games during the sixties and seventies they were completely different to what they were in the eighties to what they were when they went 3D AND TO WHAT THEY ARE NOW.Jesus fucking christ....

And yes it is the board because guess what genius..the same incompetence running the company back in the nineties is the same incompetence running it now. But a idiot like you who won't blame SOJ for anything who are blind to their idocicy who KEPT spreading propaganda on how stupid and usless Kalinske was is now being found out that not only is SOJ being the gits that they.
If Sammy is guilty of anything its not exerting enough control on SOJ...and anyone familiar with the company can plainly see that. SOJ is doing exactly what they were doing before the merger..but now more insular than ever..
« Last Edit: September 10, 2014, 01:09:46 pm by ROJM »

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2014, 01:14:40 pm »
Perhaps you are the one doing this! I await your heated reply.

::) ::) ::)

Complete non sense!

Show me some proof that I have ever done this! Hah, stop coming to me with these accusations, kid.

size/]
font[/
quote * quote[/]

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2014, 01:28:07 pm »
Do you actually THINK before you post anything? If you were playing Sega games during the sixties and seventies they were completely different to what they were in the eighties

Huh . I seriously doubt many here were born in the 70's , never mind playing SEGA games in that decade or before  . I'm willing to bet most here came to love SEGA from the Mega Drive days .

.the same incompetence running the company back in the nineties is the same incompetence running it

Not totally different for the most important reasons for games . In the 90's SEGA was way out in front for cutting edge games, making countless AAA games and was totally blowing away any of its rivals in the Arcades not just for games but for Tech too .  Very different to the SEGA Japan were have today , that's seen the creative cutting edge SEGA style totally diminished in terms  output both in terms of numbers and good games .

In the 90's we had a SEGA that was leading the field and blowing away people in the Arcades with Tech like Model 1 and 3 Arcade games like VF, Daytona USA, Sega Rally and so on . In the home we had that SEGA cutting edge style with games like Sonic, Virtual Cop, Streets of Rage II, Panzer Dragoon Saga , Shenmue ,Revenge of Shinobi, NiGHTS, Christmas NiGHTS (most prob the best Christmas game ever made) Quackshot , House of the dead II , PS IV and good knows so many more classics its not even funny

Its quite sad to see the SEGA Japan of today   

Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline ROJM

« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2014, 03:06:38 pm »

Huh . I seriously doubt many here were born in the 70's , never mind playing SEGA games in that decade or before  . I'm willing to bet most here came to love SEGA from the Mega Drive days .

And not many people have been in a rocket that doesn't stop one being a fan of NASA regardless of what period of NASA's history that you became a fan of. The point is Sega has had many fans throughout its lifetime and more likely have lost fans because of the changes they have had since its history. I would know because i know people who were fans of Sega and the old style arcade machines...my late father being one of them.
The world doesn't revolve around the internet or segabits...

Not totally different for the most important reasons for games . In the 90's SEGA was way out in front for cutting edge games, making countless AAA games and was totally blowing away any of its rivals in the Arcades not just for games but for Tech too .  Very different to the SEGA Japan were have today , that's seen the creative cutting edge SEGA style totally diminished in terms  output both in terms of numbers and good games .

They still are in front..its just the market has drastically changed and you are whining about it by complaing about Sega...no one in the arcades are producing the type of games we were enjoying in the eighties and nineties.

In the 90's we had a SEGA that was leading the field and blowing away people in the Arcades with Tech like Model 1 and 3 Arcade games like VF, Daytona USA, Sega Rally and so on . In the home we had that SEGA cutting edge style with games like Sonic, Virtual Cop, Streets of Rage II, Panzer Dragoon Saga , Shenmue ,Revenge of Shinobi, NiGHTS, Christmas NiGHTS (most prob the best Christmas game ever made) Quackshot , House of the dead II , PS IV and good knows so many more classics its not even funny

Its quite sad to see the SEGA Japan of today   

And the difference is they were all made on Sega systems/tech..which is a factor to why i reckon the games just aren't as on a par as those titles..something that was quite evident in the 2002/3 and beyond releases.

« Last Edit: September 10, 2014, 03:09:27 pm by ROJM »

Offline Mariano

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Segarion
    • Funnoticias
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2014, 03:19:20 pm »
Do you guys really need to do this every fucking thread?

It keeps the topics alive :)

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2014, 04:06:18 pm »
They still are in front..its just the market has drastically changed

Yeah right . SEGA are nothing for most people these days their current console output is just average. And I know you'll keep backing on about mobile but even on there, they're hardly market leaders not that many here or in the past liked or like SEGA due their mobile games .

And the difference is they were all made on Sega systems/tech..which is a factor to why i reckon the games just aren't as on a par as those titles

Always with the excuses . SEGA can still make great games on rival systems , when it it was allowed to have creative freedom and great R&D funding .

Face facts we'll never see a game like this from SEGA ever again under Sammy .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCE4uacK6D4#t=62

Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline ROJM

« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2014, 06:52:23 am »

Yeah right . SEGA are nothing for most people these days their current console output is just average. And I know you'll keep backing on about mobile but even on there, they're hardly market leaders not that many here or in the past liked or like SEGA due their mobile games .

Funny because i was talking about the arcades in that comment that you have taken out of context (ONCE AGAIN)which is why ARCADES was mentioned in that comment.

They still are in front..its just the market has drastically changed and you are whining about it by complaing about Sega...no one in the arcades are producing the type of games we were enjoying in the eighties and nineties.

Simple. So TA stop spinning peoples comments.

Always with the excuses . SEGA can still make great games on rival systems , when it it was allowed to have creative freedom and great R&D funding .

I'm not the one who just used the sammy CEO excuse. That right there shows you have no idea what you are on about. You're just a has  been sega fan who can't blame SOJ manangement for the f ups that they are clearly causing. From saturn to 32x to this..so typical...

Face facts we'll never see a game like this from SEGA ever again under Sammy .

YAKUZA 1,2 and 3 under segaSammy..VALYKRIE CHRONICLES under segaSammy, DIGITAL DOMAIN  under SegaSammy...LETS GO UISLAND 3D under SegaSammy...VF SHOWDOWN...under segasammy....

Learn to do research before attempting to comment on something you know nothing about.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 06:56:35 am by ROJM »

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2014, 08:19:33 am »

::) ::) ::)

Complete non sense!

Show me some proof that I have ever done this! Hah, stop coming to me with these accusations, kid.

size/]
font[/
quote * quote[/]

*sigh* Once again you are talking out of your ass. Listen. Sonic 1. Sonic 2. Sonic 3. Sonic 4. Need I go on? Quit making yourself look like an idiot and learn to accept defeat.

size/]
font[/
quote * quote[/]
[/quote]

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2014, 08:30:10 am »
*sigh* Once again you are talking out of your ass. Listen. Sonic 1. Sonic 2. Sonic 3. Sonic 4. Need I go on? Quit making yourself look like an idiot and learn to accept defeat.

size/]
font[/
quote * quote[/]

Knock it off, kid. Sonic 4? Your really scraping the barrel now aren't you?  ::)

[zise=6}
/colour [qoute[

I'm still not seeing any proof, you're just rattling off the same list of Sonic as per usual if you can't make an argument then you can just stop going in circles.

Offline ROJM

« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2014, 08:51:27 am »
Please guys..keep in friendly...were all Sega fans at the end of the day...

This message was brought to you on behalf of the BTN let's get along ...or i'll ban you all society!

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2014, 09:24:36 am »
Knock it off, kid. Sonic 4? Your really scraping the barrel now aren't you?  ::)

[zise=6}
/colour [qoute[

I'm still not seeing any proof, you're just rattling off the same list of Sonic as per usual if you can't make an argument then you can just stop going in circles.

HA! Okay, this is laughable. You have never played Sonic 4. I have. Proof? Here's my receipt for the Playstation that I played Sonic 4 on: http://www.blogcdn.com/www.joystiq.com/media/2006/10/ps3smudgepresalereciept.jpg

Also, Yuji Naka told me via email that I'm right.

[facebook=213}
/retweet [tumblr[}[

---

A-hem, seriously though, back on topic... :P

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2014, 09:27:48 am »
^I know that's fake because it says 'David' instead of "Barrington".

As for a Sega console, the closest thing I could see happening is them making a Steam-box when/if that becomes a thing. I doubt that will happen though. Might be nice, release a steam box with all/lots of the Sega games pre-loaded on the HDD and port a few more over.

Offline ROJM

« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2014, 10:06:46 am »

As for a Sega console, the closest thing I could see happening is them making a Steam-box when/if that becomes a thing. I doubt that will happen though. Might be nice, release a steam box with all/lots of the Sega games pre-loaded on the HDD and port a few more over.
Prove it.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2014, 10:20:11 am »

A SEGA Steam Box is the most realistic idea, and one I've floated a few times in the past. Team with a hardware manufacturer, have SEGA's PC teams work with them to make a machine that is ideal for SEGA's PC output, and have the design be reminiscent of the Saturn/Dreamcast. Release it in two colors (black and white) and have it pre-loaded with some games. Bonus: release it with a USB Saturn pad with the SEGA Steam Box branding.