Author Topic: 15 years on...time for a new Sega system?  (Read 29026 times)

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
Re: 15 years on...time for a new Sega system?
« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2014, 11:25:47 am »
A SEGA Steam Box is the most realistic idea, and one I've floated a few times in the past. Team with a hardware manufacturer, have SEGA's PC teams work with them to make a machine that is ideal for SEGA's PC output, and have the design be reminiscent of the Saturn/Dreamcast. Release it in two colors (black and white) and have it pre-loaded with some games. Bonus: release it with a USB Saturn pad with the SEGA Steam Box branding.

Again "Proof" it...

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2014, 11:36:07 am »

Offline pirovash88

• Total Meseta: 27
« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2014, 11:44:18 am »
"prove"

Anyways, i'm with Barry, a Sega based Steam Machine would be great.
Gamertag: Pirovash88 Twitch.TV/Pirovash88

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2014, 02:38:31 pm »
Funny because i was talking about the arcades

What for profits ? On that side the AM divisions haven't been doing that great and posting losses for the last couple of results . And even on the Arcade side Sammy cost cutting has shown its hand with SEGA Arcade  hardware that is even behind that of TATIO's and in most cases even the PS3 and 360 Hardware which are getting on for 9 years old .

Simple. So TA stop spinning peoples comments

You've just quoted your self mate and responded to it . So I haven't the 1st clue what your are playing at there .

I'm not the one who just used the sammy CEO excuse

Its not an excuse its the reality. Anyone will know and can see SEGA Japan are a shadow of what they used to be . Gone is the vision, the creativity the passion for leading on the Edge of games and tech and pushing the boundaries. Pretty to see SEGA Japan in its current state [size=78%]  ..[/size]
[/size]
[/size]been sega fan who can't blame SOJ manangement [/color]

I'll blame SEGA Japan for a lot of things and their mistakes . But in the old days their games and output made up for all the silly screw ups .

YAKUZA 1,2 and 3 under segaSammy..VALYKRIE CHRONICLES under segaSammy

Yakuza and Valkyrie started life before the Sammy take over . And looks at what happned since . Yakuza now gone for leading tech (Yakuza 2 pushed the PS2 hard) to a game of endless sequels simple updates and tech that is way behind all its rivals . The Val team reduced to handhelds and now piss poor FTP games and their amazing Canvas engine gone for ever .

.VALYKRIE CHRONICLES under segaSammy, DIGITAL DOMAIN  under SegaSammy...LETS GO UISLAND 3D under SegaSammy...VF SHOWDOWN...

So we reduced to listing Arcade games now . Fine like I said way back in 2010 their Arcade teams still pump out the good stuff. Shame Sammy reduced the tech and what the hells happing with Virtual Fighter 6 ? 
[/size]
[/size]

Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline ROJM

« Reply #34 on: September 11, 2014, 03:13:00 pm »
f
F bomb....

"prove"

Anyways, i'm with Barry, a Sega based Steam Machine would be great.

It was a joke..that's why it was spelled the other way round..don't take it serious...

Offline ROJM

« Reply #35 on: September 11, 2014, 03:20:52 pm »

What blah blah blah..

Again there is no one coming out with great arcade games these days. That was the point. Stop trying to begin another argument on something that really has nothing to do with the topic.

You've just quoted your self mate and responded to it . So I haven't the 1st clue what your are playing at there .
You are an idiot then because i didn't quote myself. I showed you what was actually said. Now i know you are going to try and ruin the thread yet again on another countless point but since you answered the original point of what i had to requote to REMIND you what i actually said i think we all know what game you are playing. Grow up simpleton.

Its not an blah blah blah

I'll blame Sammy blah blah blah.

That's why you keep bashing EVERYONE except SOJ...

blah blah started life blah

No they didn't. Sammy was well rooted in sega by 2003 and in 2004 when YAKUZA started . Especially since Nagoshi said the game took two years. And we all know a project could get canned at a drop of a hat so obviously sammy had the money to keep the project going.

So we reduced to listing Arcade games now . blah blah blah
No i showed two examples of consoles and then arcades. On a comment that you said that Sega hasn't made any strong games under SegSammy. Again stop twisting..and come to think of it if you are not going to contribute to the thread then get off the topic. This isn't the TA/ROJM show you know. You want to make a topic about how crap Sega is be my guest. Stop hijacking other people threads that want to deal with the subject rather than spreading points you lost in topics past months ago.

No need to reply. I'm getting off this merry go round...
« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 03:24:00 pm by ROJM »

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #36 on: September 11, 2014, 03:35:13 pm »
Again there is no one coming out with great arcade games these days.

SEGA and Namco come out with the odd few and so do a few others . But Arcade are not what they were so why even you even go on about the Arcades when trying to praise SEGA is beyond me .

You are an idiot then because i didn't quote myself

You did . And its only you that plays the child's game of trying (and failing) of trying to alter what people type

Sammy was well rooted in sega by 2003 and in 2004 when YAKUZA started

2004 I'll think you find . Yakuza started life in 2002 and Val in 2003 . Projects that started life before Sammy and boy does it show .

No i showed two examples of consoles and then arcades

Come on then . What have we got to look forward too from SEGA Japan for this and next year .

Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Offline ROJM

« Reply #37 on: September 12, 2014, 05:37:42 am »

SEGA and Namco come out with the odd few and so do a few others . But Arcade are not what they were so why even you even go on about the Arcades when trying to praise SEGA is beyond me .

I haven't BEEN praising Sega on this topic...Missed the point of the entire thread...

You did . And its only you that plays the child's game of trying (and failing) of trying to alter what people type
Really...
No its you who does. You never stick to the actual topic at hand you create arguments of points that was never even raised and then you twist and spin peoples comments out if context to come up with a way to side and detract the issue. Everyone knows your game..but why believe me here's what others have to say...

Are you purposely selecting choice words from my quotes and replying to them?

Which was directed at you, TA in the capcom thread in the gaming forum. So don't bother painting me in the same brush when you and only you are guilty of this type of spinning and taken comments out of context.

2004 I'll think you find . Yakuza started life in 2002 and Val in 2003 . Projects that started life before Sammy and boy does it show .

No it didn't..
The plan itself has been in existence for 3~4 years, well before PS3. The theme behind “Valkyria Chronicles” is to portray a drama that unfolds on the battlefield/during war-time(?).
That interview was made in 2008. If you do your math the production of the game dates back in 2004...UNDER the new regime. So once again you are wrong. You are wrong as well down to the fact Sega didn't HAVE the money to pour 15 -20 million plus on new titles. So those games just wouldn't have existed. And no Sammy made the merger in 2003...they brought the remaining stock to create the new company in 2004. So stop lying for gods sake and stop blaming everyone else for SOJ's flaws.

Come on then . What have we got to look forward too from SEGA Japan for this and next year .

Again detracting the issue. You said no strong sega games were released under segasammy..i gave you those examples. Now you trying to prolong it by talking about stuff in the future. You already lost this argument by the fact you are trying to change it.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 06:08:14 am by ROJM »

Offline TruthEnigma

• Total Meseta: 2
« Reply #38 on: September 12, 2014, 06:43:51 am »
I can't see a Sega Steam Machine being a good idea. I am open to being proven wrong when it finally releases, but I cannot see Steam Machine taking off. With the cheapest price being €500 thus far, why get it over a PS4 or Xbone. Also the fact that there is not one hardware profile on it takes away some of the simplicity of being a console. I think Valve were better sticking with the PC as their platform. We've seen what happened to Microsoft when it started trying to support both the PC and Xbox as gaming platforms, GFWL is dead. I'm not saying Valve will do the same, I'm saying it is extremely difficult to make it work.

The biggest problem is that I don't believe the market is there that wants a PC connected to their TV who doesn't just connect their PC to their TV and will not just get one of the existing 3 8th generation machines. Unless Half Life 3 releases as a Steam Machine exclusive, why bother.

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #39 on: September 12, 2014, 08:14:49 am »
I can't see a Sega Steam Machine being a good idea. I am open to being proven wrong when it finally releases, but I cannot see Steam Machine taking off. With the cheapest price being €500 thus far, why get it over a PS4 or Xbone. Also the fact that there is not one hardware profile on it takes away some of the simplicity of being a console. I think Valve were better sticking with the PC as their platform. We've seen what happened to Microsoft when it started trying to support both the PC and Xbox as gaming platforms, GFWL is dead. I'm not saying Valve will do the same, I'm saying it is extremely difficult to make it work.

The biggest problem is that I don't believe the market is there that wants a PC connected to their TV who doesn't just connect their PC to their TV and will not just get one of the existing 3 8th generation machines. Unless Half Life 3 releases as a Steam Machine exclusive, why bother.

You could potentially make a Steam Box for much cheaper than the price you listed. For Sega games especially you could probably make something very cheap that could run their games.

As for vs Plugging a PC into the TV, the idea of a steambox is that it will work as simply as a console does, being a plug n' play system. IT would also be more flexible in theory than most consoles.

I still don't think it would be a good idea for Sega to make one, I agree with you on that much. I do think it's the only possibility at this stage they might have a 'console' on the market though.

Look at Sega's PC lineup, it's not really enough to warrant making hardware for.

Offline JRcade19

• Total Meseta: 6
« Reply #40 on: September 12, 2014, 09:06:01 am »
A Steambox by Definition/Specification must come pre-loaded with SteamOS.

As of today, Sega only has 1 game on SteamOS, which is FM 2014. While FM15 and Rome 2 are on the way(With COH 2 and Empire:TW unofficially enroute via SteamDB repos), it would bring up the total to 5 games.

That simply wouldn't be anything to go and try and sell most hardware platforms with. I know one could still buy other games on it, but talking strictly Sega, until their Linux support becomes stronger, a steambox is not even too feasible in itself.

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #41 on: September 13, 2014, 03:32:45 am »
You never stick to the actual topic at hand you create arguments of points

Well that's quite easy . SEGA can't make enough good consoles games as a 3rd party, never mind trying to make a console and support it with AAA In-House games .

No it didn't.

Yakuza started life well in 2002 and in Nagosh-san EDGE column  he gave little hits on SEGA Japan and his next project . And as For Val that started life late 2003 early 2004  on the PC with the intent of making in a early 360 title.

Sammy did just what any Big corps does after a take over ... Keep the current lines going (to easy a smooth transition) and then after a few years put in the axe .

[/size]
Again detracting the issue
If you can't list me a game of AAA games coming this and next year. What chance do you think SEGA got of making a console ? and more so one that would sell with SEGA exclusives .[/font][/color]

Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #42 on: September 13, 2014, 03:40:39 am »
OK no more arguing here between you two. Can we please contain it? Make a topic about the debate, but lets not fight in every debate about the same thing.

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #43 on: September 13, 2014, 05:41:27 am »
OK no more arguing here between you two. Can we please contain it? Make a topic about the debate, but lets not fight in every debate about the same thing.

Hey I'm not insulting people with attacks. I'll stay on topic, by all means and on that score ... SEGA Japan current practice of cheap and easy games backing mobile and F2P model  is not a way to prep you teams for next gen pipelines, much less get they used to making AAA blockbusters exclusive to sell one's consoles again.

SEGA Japan not longer as it in them to make the kind of games to sell a console
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Offline ROJM

« Reply #44 on: September 13, 2014, 06:41:29 am »
Hey I'm not insulting people with attacks. I'll stay on topic, by all means and on that score ... SEGA Japan current practice of cheap and easy games backing mobile and F2P model  is not a way to prep you teams for next gen pipelines, much less get they used to making AAA blockbusters exclusive to sell one's consoles again.

SEGA Japan not longer as it in them to make the kind of games to sell a console

Oh cut it out...you've been told to stop it now stop it. Stop lying and spinning and taking peoples comments out of context and derailing peoples threads just to suit your own ego. Were all sick of it and you.