Author Topic: Good News on Anarchy Reigns  (Read 29267 times)

Offline Randroid

• Total Meseta: 15
Good News on Anarchy Reigns
« on: June 02, 2012, 11:22:12 pm »
Hey Everyone,

I have some good news about AR.

I work Saturdays at EB Games (Canadian version of Gamestop). We have TVs that play game trailers.

At the beginning of every month, we change the disk that contains the trailer roll. Rule of thumb is that they play the trailer for games coming out a month or two later.

Well today is June 2nd, we got a new trailer disk and what did it contain? AN ENGLISH FULL GAME TRAILER FOR ANARCHY REIGNS.

Oh man I was cheering it on, trust me. Especially since it was Anarchy Reigns, and not Max Anarchy.

Now as an EB Games employee I can tell you that our system still has it listed for preorder for July 3rd. The fact that the trailer is on our Monthly disk of game trailers means that Sega has forked up a lot of money for the marketing opportunity (companies pay big bucks to have trailers play in the store) and that they have done this recently.

Basically, expect a Western Release, and soon. Probably late summer or early fall (at the very latest).

If you don't believe me, go into any EB Games on the West Coast (I personally work in vancouver), hang out there for a while and you'll see the trailer play.

I've always commented on the post here on Segabits, but I just created this account so that I can post this. Hopefully this news can help you decide whether to import or not.

Keep the Faith!

« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 09:07:04 pm by Randroid »

Offline SOUP

• Total Meseta: 4
Re: Good News on Anarchy Reins
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2012, 06:21:06 am »
Thanks for the heads up sir.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2012, 08:37:58 am »
Hey man, welcome to the forums and thats great news!

I miss EB Games when it was all over the US. Thats where I bought a lot of my Dreamcast games in the golden age. Specifically both PSO titles and SA2.

Offline ShinobiMuramasa

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2012, 10:10:38 am »
Thank you so much for posting this. You've done all the fans a great service by sharing this information!

Offline segaismysavior

• Total Meseta: 3
  • Martini in one hand, switchblade in the other
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2012, 02:33:24 pm »
I'm guessing they paid a lot of money for the spot prior to the layoffs/restructuring, or they planned to pay for the spot and forgot to tell the person in charge of that to not pay/submit for it. Corporate structures don't tend to communicate as well as they should.

I do hope SEGA makes mention of the game at E3 with a release date, but I can't honestly say I'd miss the game if it didn't launch this year. I do hope it releases in the West eventually, but it'll have a tough time competing for attention in the over-saturated retail market if they sell it for $60.

I miss EB Games when it was all over the US.

Same!!! I also miss Babbages and Funcoland! Stupid Gamestop swallowed them all whole...  :'(

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2012, 02:52:15 pm »
Funcoland was AWESOME. Bought my Saturn there, used, and a TON of Saturn and Genesis games. All for like $2 each. Still have the paper Genesis cart holders from Funcoland.

Offline Randroid

• Total Meseta: 15
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2012, 07:52:26 pm »
I'm guessing they paid a lot of money for the spot prior to the layoffs/restructuring, or they planned to pay for the spot and forgot to tell the person in charge of that to not pay/submit for it. Corporate structures don't tend to communicate as well as they should.

I was thinking that too. They made their restructuring statement not too long ago so there is a possibility that this was slotted just before the word from Sega East.

The trailer is the same one as on the Ebgames website, except the one in-store does not post a release date (the trailer on the website still does, and hasn't been updated since Jan). Anarchy Reigns did have a release date set, so does this mean that they gave us a trailer with no release date  with the full intention of promoting the game before they knew that it was to be changed to TBC?

I mentioned our pre-order system because they are usually pinpoint accurate on release dates and changes. Any delays/cancellations get immediately posted even before they are announced.

I can't speak for American stores but Canadian ones are still taking pre-orders, and are still slated for July 3rd. Sega has updated the date of Aliens Colonial Marines with us, so if they are cancelling AR, they should have informed us so that we can update our system (regardless of them making a public announcement for it).

Buzz through the store is that if they have Video Advertising and a release date, it is DEFINITELY getting released eventually. Sega will be doing something unheard of now if they decide to drop it indefinitely...but then again with Sega, you never know :'(

If I hear/see anything else I'll post.

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
Re: Good News on Anarchy Reigns
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2012, 05:36:46 pm »
Thanks for keeping us updated, dude.

I guess it's hope for the best and... well you know.

Offline SOUP

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2012, 05:45:21 pm »
I miss EB Games when it was all over the US. Thats where I bought a lot of my Dreamcast games in the golden age. Specifically both PSO titles and SA2.
EB Games is Gamestop's brand in Canada. Same website, same store layout, same sales practices.

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2012, 06:11:09 pm »
^Ditto in Australia. It used to be Electronics Boutique, then just became EB Games. As you said, it's Gamestop in every way except the name.

Offline segaismysavior

« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2012, 11:14:20 pm »
EB Games is Gamestop's brand in Canada. Same website, same store layout, same sales practices.

But when EB Games was still in the US, it was way less annoying to shop at an EB store.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2012, 05:53:39 am »
But when EB Games was still in the US, it was way less annoying to shop at an EB store.

Yup! Exactly. That's why I miss it.

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2012, 06:08:06 am »
What's the difference? I don't remember much difference between EB Games and Electronic Boutique in Aus.

I think it depends on the staff/store manager more than anything. I used to have a great manager working at my local EB, then he left and got replaced by some dropkick, so now I only ever shop online for games.

Offline SOUP

« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2012, 12:26:54 pm »
Not the case here :(.
Warranty pushes, used game incentives, all games opened up before you buy them, pushes to buy memberships, etc....

Offline segaismysavior

« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2012, 02:38:28 pm »
What's the difference?

See below.

Warranty pushes, used game incentives, all games opened up before you buy them, pushes to buy memberships, etc....

None of the above. I remember used games being there, but they weren't selling titles that just came out a month ago for $5 less than a new copy.