Gaming > General Gaming Discussion

Bayonetta 2 Discussion Mega Thread

(1/153) > >>

MadeManG74:
I know, I know, Mr Negative over here, but I want to ask this realisticaly. Removing our bias towards Sega and as fans of the game, as much as we want this to succeed;

Is Bayonetta 2 going to bomb?
More importantly, will it bomb so hard that the franchise will be abandoned and a Bayonetta 3 will never see the light of day?

As sad as it is to consider, I just don't see this game succeeding on the WiiU. The console is already struggling for market-share, and more importantly, the fans of the first game were on Xbox and PS3, there has never been a Nintendo Bayonetta before. Time and again we see that the best selling games on Nintendo platforms are their first party titles, and I just can't see a scenario where Bayonetta 2 will do big enough numbers to gain the attention of another publisher.

I'm sure there are the hardcore fans out there like myself who will probably buy the Wii-U at some point to play the game (and others like W101) but realistically I don't think it's going to be a game that pushes consoles out the door.

Is this the last stand of our favourite witch?

inthesky:
It's not going to kill the franchise, it's just that Kamiya doesn't plan on making any  more Bayonetta games. He's said that he might be interested in spinoffs featuring Jeanne.

CrazyT:
I think the better question is, who would have given bayonetta a 2nd chance if nintendo didnt pick it up? Some other publisher perhaps?

It's a miracle we're even able to speculate about what'll happen after the 2nd game.

My thought is that bayonetta 2 has been done months ago and theyve been trying to stratrgcay place it. In japan its now being placed summer together with legend of zelda hyrule warriors after mario karts big launch. Im hoping to see a healthy launch for bayo within that momentum

MadeManG74:
^In terms of 'who would have published it', I think what's done is done, and while I agree I'd rather see the game be made Nintendo exclusive than not at all, I do think that it's a death sentance for this series. Just that we get two games instead of one perhaps?

CrazyT:
I can definitely understand the thought of wanting the game to succeed even if you'll be able to selfishly get your fun out of it. If the game bombs(which is the most likely scenario for all the reasons you've stated), i'd be very pissed with Nintendo's treatment. Franchise deserves a lot better and I would have rather had an other publisher to have picked it up

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version