Author Topic: "Sonic Retro" Membership?  (Read 5563 times)

Offline baba_944

• Total Meseta: 0
"Sonic Retro" Membership?
« on: August 20, 2014, 06:23:27 pm »
Hi, I'm not sure if this is in/on the right forum/site, but I have a question. I've been pending for a membership over at "Sonic Retro" for 6 years now and since "SEGABITS" is formed with "Sonic Retro" I'm asking here. I've posted but still nothing. Can one of you ask someone over there to verify me pplease? My suername over there is baba944. Like I said, sorry if this is in the wrong site and/or forum topic.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
Re: "Sonic Retro" Membership?
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2014, 06:31:50 pm »
SEGAbits is the purgatory to Retro's Heaven. We notified Retro angels that you've posted here, we'll see what they do. In the meantime, welcome to SEGAbits!

Offline baba_944

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2014, 06:43:19 pm »
Wow. I thought this wasn't allowed here. Thanks Barry.

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2014, 05:55:18 pm »
6 years?? Woah, that is some serious dedication.
SEG4GES

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2014, 07:38:33 pm »
Given the 6 year gap, probably better to reapply given how much you may have changed as a person. I don't know what you wrote when you applied, but might be worth a redo. Also, staff there is very different from 6 years ago.

Offline RegalSin

• Banned
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2014, 09:50:50 am »
Meh Sonic Retro ( the actual game ) was a Sonic game written in C++. ( speaking of which code would be nice ). That correct me if I am wrong lead to that game "Freedom Planet" ( most likely unless otherwise stated ). I do not know the full story but I think SEGA holds this event ( or some event in the west ) every year or so or was it that the person basically sold this to SEGA and ported it to cell phones????.

Again the bigger project ( original Sonic Retro ) was basically a person who created their own Sonic game using their "own" code. That was the main idea. The website itself draws  itself with a bunch of program enthusiasts. Which also draws a bunch of major programmer pricks.

This website itself is basically a typical game forum. However some of the threads consist of programming talk. You know the drill, if one forum is down they move to the next forum and so forth. This forum is basically the equal of PCEFX ( A closed off PCE forum ) and GBAtemp ( a closed off GBA-3DS rom stealing hacking emulation forum ); or even SSUK ( a closed off forum ) However Sonic Retro is more like GBAdev ( which is still up ) a forum for programmer enthusiast.

This forum ( which okay so far ) is more like an the offical SEGA forum but less people. If SEGA forums fell this forum would fill up with users.

And the answer to that next question is yes not including GBAdev.

Offline Kori-Maru

• Total Meseta: 9
  • AMS Kagekidan sanjou-desu!
    • The Website of the Dead
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2014, 11:01:14 pm »
Sonic Retro, a game? I believe your information on the history of the site is slightly a bit off. Our sister site actual has a wiki page dedicated to the history of Sonic Retro to view.
http://info.sonicretro.org/Sonic_Retro

www.thewebsiteofthedead.com ~ The House of the Dead Unofficial fan site