Author Topic: 2016 U.S. Presidential Election  (Read 183498 times)

Offline pcm92

• Total Meseta: 3
Re: 2016 U.S. Presidential Election
« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2015, 10:45:45 am »
One of my co-workers is from Venezuela. Some of the stories he shared with us are downright inhuman. Nicolas Maduro is far more radical than Chavez. There's barely a functioning economy, press is highly regulated and under control. Besides the corrupt dictator-ish goverment, crime is a daily occourence: murder, extortion, kidnappings and violent assault in particular. Travels are highly restricted. Supermarket goods are being rationed out. Most of the major industries have either left the country (most of the famous Venezulean beverages and foods are being produced in Equador or Columbia) or are enterily shut down.

Yeah, Jindall is probably gonna drop out sooner or later, but at least he took time to bruise Trump's ego.
Sounds like a bad place to visit. Guess I'll keep that off my bucket list. Yeah. I actually think Trump is better than Clinton. Not by much though. I just don't support someone who lies and someone who stays married to a cheater just for the money. Like I said, Sanders or Cruz would be the best candidates at this point.

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2015, 10:53:02 am »
Speaking of Sanders, is it just me or there is a lot of bad blood between Obama and Clinton? Ever since Hillary left her position after the whole Bengazhi / Clinton Foundation / Private Server scandal, I feel there's this silent conflict between the two as if the Obama administration really doesn't want Clinton to be the frontrunner, hence why Sanders or Biden seem to be in a much better place than before.

Offline Nirmugen

• Total Meseta: 11
  • Sneaking around in the city with blue,blue skies
« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2015, 11:09:31 am »
I think (from a Not-US Citizen perspective) that Obama don't want to be in a bad alliance with those democrats like Clinton.
He could stay silent or neutral about that until the elections.

Offline pcm92

« Reply #33 on: October 17, 2015, 10:34:41 pm »
Could Barack Obama run as a vice president or is that also illegal? I mean, if he ran as Hillary Clinton's VP, then Hillary resigned, he would be president again, right?

Offline JRcade19

• Total Meseta: 6
« Reply #34 on: October 19, 2015, 02:49:02 pm »
Could Barack Obama run as a vice president or is that also illegal? I mean, if he ran as Hillary Clinton's VP, then Hillary resigned, he would be president again, right?

The limit on ELECTED officials per the 22nd amendment is a maximum 8 years. If the president were to die in office or not be able to function, BO would probably be able to achieve more service through the second way, SUCCESSION which as far as I'm aware doesn't have the same limit as Elected does.

At least again as far as I've read up on it. The other school of thought is that he would remain VP(being illegible for presidency) and the Speaker of the House would ascend to the presidency instead.

The third school of thought says no, because a VP must be eligible for presidency and a president serving 2 terms is not eligible for re assuming the presidency.

The constitution is really really weird on it. People tend to agree that it could happen, but no one wants to test those waters.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2015, 03:01:51 pm by JRcade19 »

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #35 on: October 19, 2015, 07:59:39 pm »

Offline pcm92

« Reply #36 on: October 19, 2015, 10:51:10 pm »
Lol. The Jim Webb part of the video was the funniest part. Yeah. Bernie Sanders definately won that debate. By the way, what does "tldr" stand for?

Offline George

« Reply #37 on: October 19, 2015, 11:00:29 pm »
'too long didn't read'

Offline pcm92

« Reply #38 on: October 20, 2015, 12:54:41 pm »
Jim Webb just dropped out. I thought he would run as an independent. I can see that Bernie has gained even more supporters. Maybe he could win. Hillary is in too much trouble to win, i.m.o. We should probably vote for Sanders and Carson! Hillary or Trump? We would be doomed either way, right?

Offline George

« Reply #39 on: October 20, 2015, 02:58:00 pm »
I do think that the mainstream media is trying to push Hilary with decieptive polls and everyone suggesting that 'she won the debate' when a lot of what she spouted wasn't true at all. For example: She didn't stop Wall Street in 2008 because she was on their pay book. Look at her big donors, big banks:
https://www.opensecrets.org/politicians/summary.php?cycle=Career&cid=N00000019

Her big contributors includes Citigroup, Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan Chas, Morgan Stanley and such.

As for the media pushing her: They did after polls debates that had Bernie winning, then pulled said polls, then posted articles all around saying Hilary won. Now they do a new poll that reveals that Hilary won by 80% or something yet the poll they posted, more than half that where polled did not watch the debate and probably just saw the media tell them Hilary won or they just know her cuz no one knows anyone else on that stage really.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbO-Emwj2J4
Its really sad that corporations are trying to save themselves and deceive the American public.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2015, 04:00:22 pm by George »

Offline Spock

• Total Meseta: 2
« Reply #40 on: October 20, 2015, 05:21:06 pm »
Too bad all the other Democratic candidates are probably funding her campaign without our knowlege. The government probably already decided that she will be the president regardless of what we think. Welcome to communism!

Offline max_cady

« Reply #41 on: October 27, 2015, 10:51:29 am »
Hot damn, Ben Carson just blew past Trump.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRqgmXoANy0

Offline pirovash88

• Total Meseta: 27
« Reply #42 on: October 27, 2015, 05:20:57 pm »
I guess i haven't lost all faith in this Country yet then.
Gamertag: Pirovash88 Twitch.TV/Pirovash88

Offline Nameless 24

• Shocktrooper at Heart
« Reply #43 on: October 28, 2015, 06:11:08 am »
Would rather be voting for the future President in America than live here under a Tory Government. :\
Big fan of Claymore, Miria in particular.

Currently playing Yakuza 0.

Offline pcm92

« Reply #44 on: November 06, 2015, 10:43:39 pm »
Anyone else notice that since Carson is in the lead for the GOP, the democrats are complaining about him now? They are not complaining about Trump anymore! It's pathetic that they have to use mudslinging this much just to try and sway the vote more towards their favor.