Author Topic: 2016 U.S. Presidential Election  (Read 183535 times)

Offline Tad

• Total Meseta: 6
Re: 2016 U.S. Presidential Election
« Reply #585 on: January 21, 2017, 12:00:47 am »
France and Germany will always try stuff like that while they have the means. They sit very much at the top of the table within the EU and regardless of denying it, they always come out on top. Heck, the EU issued out a tax bill to other countries not so long ago...Germany and France got the lowest bill...funny that.

However, I don't think it's as overblown as you might think.

As for cars, it's like everything else, it's their preference and american cars don't appeal to Japan. I didn't think American cars were that highly regarded?
« Last Edit: January 21, 2017, 12:02:41 am by Tad »

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #586 on: January 21, 2017, 03:44:34 am »
American cars are big, loud and expensive.

Gas is expensive in most countries, and a 3L 400hp V6 or whatever bizarre engine American cars have sucks up crazy amounts of it
SEG4GES

Offline Spock

• Total Meseta: 2
« Reply #587 on: January 24, 2017, 05:06:04 pm »
There is only one Democratic candidate that I would vote for in 2020. If Roy Cooper is not the nominee, then I'm voting for Trump again.

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #588 on: January 25, 2017, 03:41:31 pm »
Kanye 2020 bbyyyy
SEG4GES

Offline Tad

« Reply #589 on: January 26, 2017, 05:10:03 am »
There is only one Democratic candidate that I would vote for in 2020. If Roy Cooper is not the nominee, then I'm voting for Trump again.

Really? He's only been in power a few days and he's going to do some really damaging things. Guess it needs to hit you before you want change.

On the plus side, Mexico are predicted to win gold, silver and bronze in the 2020 high jump.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2017, 05:13:54 am by Tad »

Offline Spock

• Total Meseta: 2
« Reply #590 on: January 26, 2017, 05:00:05 pm »
Really? He's only been in power a few days and he's going to do some really damaging things. Guess it needs to hit you before you want change.

On the plus side, Mexico are predicted to win gold, silver and bronze in the 2020 high jump.
You whipped out that Mexican thing again.

I respect your opinions, but I think I should explain something.

I have no problem with the people of Mexico and neither does Trump. It's just that there are a lot of gangs from all over the world entering the U.S. through Mexico. These gangs range anything from the triads to isis themselves. Donald Trump is the only president thus far to understand this as a problem.

You say that it's a bad thing to oppose massive immigration and yet your country also voted against it with Brexit.

The U.S. is already trillions of dollars in debt and it's not easy to get a job here, so why should we give all our jobs away to millions of immigrants pouring in from Mexico?

The worst types of people in Mexico are being pushed into the United States by their government. Most of the largest suppliers of heroin, cocaine, and many other drugs are Mexican cartels that arrange to have Mexican immigrants trying to cross the borders and smuggle in the drugs. The Border Patrol knows this. Likewise, tremendous infectious disease is pouring across the border. The United States has become a dumping ground for Mexico and, in fact, for many other parts of the world. On the other hand, many fabulous people come in from Mexico and our country is better for it. But these people are here legally, and are severely hurt by those coming in illegally.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2017, 05:14:35 pm by Spock »

Offline Tad

« Reply #591 on: January 26, 2017, 06:13:14 pm »
You do know that last part was just a joke, right?

I've said it before that I can't really comment on internal matters, however, things like climate change are a global issue and the world needs America to help in tackling it.

As for Brexit, it's more complex then just immigrants. The UK gets far more from countries outside the EU - which we can control - than in it. To be honest, it's so complex, I doubt we'll ever really know...though, I would say the media over here are more right leaning so there's that. I was actually in the mind we shouldn't of had the ref as I suspect nobody can really know the damage and the "better out" notion is nothing more then crystal ball gazing.

Regardless of country though, I do wonder if a bulk of the immigrants did go would the work actually be done? Would Brits, America's etc really find people at home willing to work hard labouring jobs etc for little pay? After all, that's how capitlism works.

I think that's the real thing people are sick of. The problem is, what's the alternative.