Author Topic: General E3 Topic  (Read 13743 times)

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
Re: General E3 Topic
« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2012, 05:57:05 pm »
Well, have fun with that Nintendo. I'm content with PS3/Xbox.

As am I and as I was with my Playstation 3 even when I got the Wii (Which I got more for the family, rather than my own personal playing desire) Nintendo's titles just do not appeal to me outside of a few exceptions such as Metroid (Which is now a terrible horrible mess of a series thanks to Other M and I fear for anything else they have planned) and Wario (Which I would not expect a sequel to sadly) so I do not expect to be dropping any money towards a Wii U unless SEGA has some exclusives planned that might make me bite (And even then, not at the price Nintendo will be demanding)

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2012, 06:04:10 pm »
I will probably end up buying Wii U the same way as I did the Wii: Four years from now used. Then six months later it'll stop being supported. lol

Offline tarpmortar

• Total Meseta: 7
« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2012, 10:24:34 pm »
To be fair Pikmin 3 is doing things that the Gamecube wouldn't be able to do, or the Wii, so in that regard it is a step up for Nintendo. I think what's most insulting about George's comparison isn't that it looks worse than Beyond, it's ok to look worse, what's insulting is that the game itself isn't in 1080P and it runs at 30 frames per second.

If it isn't gonna push hardware, it needs to have 60 FPS, run in 1080P and have anti-aliasing turned on. Unless the system is really incapable of even that much.

Out of the next gen systems I am hands down most interested in Nintendo's though, I get my western fix and graphics fix on PC and since Sega is increasingly focusing on my platform of choice (PC) I see no reason to go elsewhere except for exclusives, and Nintendo has my favorite exclusives of the the three first parties. With that being said, I don't intend to buy any consoles next gen, I think 3DS and PC will continue to suit me fine, as it is I have a tough time keeping up with just these 2 platforms.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 10:27:19 pm by TaroYamada »

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2012, 07:20:18 pm »
I didn't post a video because a screen is enough. Sorry if you are launching a console, you have to promise some spectacular titles not possible on current gen systems.

Also

Now watch Nintendo fans freak.

Offline SOUP

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #34 on: June 14, 2012, 12:02:18 pm »
Shuhei Yoshida's pretty cool. He's been on IGN's Playstation podcast a few times and he gives some pretty frank and honest responses to all the questions they toss at him.

Offline Chaosmaster8753

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #35 on: June 16, 2012, 02:27:05 am »
Shuhei Yoshida's pretty cool. He's been on IGN's Playstation podcast a few times and he gives some pretty frank and honest responses to all the questions they toss at him.

This follow up statement by him in regards to Wii U seems pretty fair:

http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=179248