Author Topic: Post your current thoughts thread  (Read 1146167 times)

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
Re: Post your current thoughts thread
« Reply #4860 on: February 26, 2016, 05:41:19 pm »
I don't think its a insult, its just people not really understanding the point of 'Black Lives Matter' and changing it to be cute. The facts are, black people have been treated lesser than humans and no one listens to them. Sure, its not as bad as it was 40 years ago, but you got to understand they where being fought OPENLY by Police back then with segregation. Now they are being killed unarmed in the streets and the cops get away with it.

So yes, I don't see a issue with the movement. If anyone is being 'PC' is people that use 'All Lives Matter' as a way to downplay their message.

Offline Tad

• Total Meseta: 6
« Reply #4861 on: March 07, 2016, 04:55:38 am »
Bit of a tricky one as nostalgia plays a huge role in this, but I am interested in your opinions.

Basically, here in the UK there's a TV show called "Back in time for the weekend" that has a family spending a week in each decade starting from the 50s. Their house gets redecorated, they have to use the technology, wear the clothes, do the activities etc of that decade. Everything! They then give their opinion on each decade before moving to the next.

They've just gone past the 90s and as that's when I grew, I decided to take a trip down memory lane through youtube. Comparing it to now and...well. My first thought was what the hell happened to cartoons? Seems like the great Saturday morning cartoons has completely died. There's literally nothing buy "reality" TV and friends for kids like shows now? :/

Then there's the social aspects. In the show, it brought back memories of going out and playing etc. Fast forward to now and that seems to have completely gone. If you're wondering, I'm basing this on parents I know, but it seems everyone's too scared or they've got a ridiculous amount of homework to do. I dunno...It just sort of hit me that a big part of childhood has died now.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 05:08:47 am by Tad »

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #4862 on: March 07, 2016, 05:07:16 am »
it seems everyone's too scared or they've got a ridiculous amount of homework to do. I dunno...It just sort of hit me that a big part of childhood has died now.
Yep. Happens here in Portugal as well.
TV is directed at old people, playing in the street is a big no-no (unless it's for playing football), no cartoons..

Truth is, nowdays kids gather at home. Bringing friends home was an event when I was a kid, kids I know do this regularly, seldom feel the need to play outside.
Also, the internet is the main entertainment source, even for little kids. They watch cartoons there (spongebob, for example). There are also cable channels for cartoons like Cartoon Network

Basically, habits changed, but kids will always have fun. Just not like we did, same way our parents thought our generation was miserable and doomed.
Homework is a bitch today, but it all comes down to parents actually caring about their kids' needs and wants, or caring more about their self-assurance that they are good parents.

I know a couple that spent 600 euros on a vaccine for their baby of a rare virus that you can only catch on northern countries (where they have no plans of going in the next....94 years), also no one was allowed to touch or kiss the baby. How do you think that kid will develop?
« Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 05:11:32 am by crackdude »
SEG4GES

Offline Tad

« Reply #4863 on: March 07, 2016, 05:22:44 am »
I see. Seems a shame really. I feel really lucky to have grown up when I did now as I had far more freedom.

To me, it feels like the 90s had the best of the best world's. I had the freedom of running around like they did in the 80s, while kids TV was actually getting good. Rugrats, Recess, the simpsons in their prime, hey Arnold, doug, the crazy of Power Rangers, Pokémon, Harry Potter, Star Wars re released etc. That's not to mention games!
« Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 05:26:59 am by Tad »

Offline crackdude

• Nintendo Bling
« Reply #4864 on: March 07, 2016, 08:22:46 am »
Society was great up until 9/11. Then it all went to the shitter.

Suddenly everything is dangerous and out to kill you, and you digital avatar's sexuality is an important social issue.
SEG4GES

Offline pirovash88

• Total Meseta: 27
« Reply #4865 on: March 07, 2016, 09:21:32 am »
Hey all. I'm going to be taking some time off of gaming and social media in general. I need some time to myself, to think about where i am, and where i'm headed. I don't particularly care for the type of person i've become the last couple of months.

If you could delete any of my previous posts and deactivate my account, that would be much appreciated.
Gamertag: Pirovash88 Twitch.TV/Pirovash88

Offline crackdude

• Nintendo Bling
« Reply #4866 on: March 07, 2016, 09:29:18 am »
:(
please come back later..
SEG4GES

Offline Tad

« Reply #4867 on: March 09, 2016, 10:55:51 am »
Society was great up until 9/11. Then it all went to the shitter.

Suddenly everything is dangerous and out to kill you, and you digital avatar's sexuality is an important social issue.

Heh, that show I was talking about has now finished and I think you are right. I don't think it was just that of course, as there was a certain element of naivety and blindness to the dangers of the world, but I do think as a society we have become very suspicious and aware, which has made us inadvertently close ourselves away from the world in a way we never used to. 

Technology has also played it's part in that too, but I think a lot people lean on that as an excuse as to why people are more closed off. The show talked about this and their concerns, but I have to say, it's down to the person to be responsible at the end of the day. I love technology of course, but there are days etc where I can go without checking emails, phone, TV etc. It's only since I moved to the suburbs I kinda felt closed off.

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #4868 on: March 09, 2016, 06:53:37 pm »
Sorry to hear that Piro, if you're still reading this and you need a one to one I'm always willing to listen to your concerns on Skype.

Hope to see you back soon brother.

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #4869 on: March 24, 2016, 05:58:40 am »

I really enjoyed Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice. That's all I have to say.

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #4870 on: March 24, 2016, 10:15:50 pm »
But the critics have spoken its the worse movie. Wasn't even funny.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #4871 on: March 25, 2016, 08:36:26 am »
Interesting to see the audience score vs the critics.

Offline Tad

« Reply #4872 on: March 25, 2016, 12:03:28 pm »
Not surprised Bat vs Sup has landed with a thud. It sounded like a bad idea the second I heard it was being made and once I saw the trailer, I thought it looked hilariously bad.

I'm not sure what to make of audience views, Barry. People seem to think Jurassic World was good, but I can pick that movie apart easily. I mean, I get you need to suspend reality in Jurassic World, Hollywood blockbusters and comic book heroes etc, but the core story still needs to be good.

Offline Moody

• Total Meseta: 9
« Reply #4873 on: March 26, 2016, 08:13:08 am »
What even else is coming out in 2016? It feels like a friggin' drought of movies is happening this year. Everything that I could want to see has already been out, what else is there?

...wait, isn't the new King Kong by Legendary out this year? Or was that next year?

Offline crackdude

• Nintendo Bling
« Reply #4874 on: March 26, 2016, 10:02:41 am »
People enjoy what they are told to enjoy.
Humanity is fucked.
SEG4GES