Author Topic: The films of 2014: The King is back, Apes Rise and Enemies Unite!  (Read 39020 times)

Offline inthesky

• Total Meseta: 5
  • Altaha Abilia
Re: The films of 2014: The King is back, Apes Rise and Enemies Unite!
« Reply #75 on: December 18, 2014, 01:00:43 am »
I'm not happy with the news.
Proud recipient of the second ever Gary Player Award!
I support Shenmue and Skies of Arcadia HD ports!

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #76 on: December 18, 2014, 08:27:27 am »
Whats funny is that if NK did nothing, this movie would have been white noise this holiday season. The attacks gave the movie more promotion than it ever would have had without the attacks. Of course, pulling it from theaters killed that, but I think more people want to see the movie now than they would have before the whole mess. Sony should just post the thing online for free.

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #77 on: December 18, 2014, 08:31:02 am »
Oh shit, I just read about the cyber attack on Sony.

Surprised they are pulling the film though, you would think this would be a case of 'WE DUN NEGOTIATE WITH TERRORISTS, please enjoy our shitty Seth Rogan comedy. There will lots of gross out moments!'

Offline inthesky

• Altaha Abilia
« Reply #78 on: December 18, 2014, 01:27:28 pm »
Whats funny is that if NK did nothing, this movie would have been white noise this holiday season. The attacks gave the movie more promotion than it ever would have had without the attacks. Of course, pulling it from theaters killed that, but I think more people want to see the movie now than they would have before the whole mess. Sony should just post the thing online for free.

More or less this, it was an off-color movie (probably with some nuggets of insight) that wasn't going to have much lasting cultural impact anyway. I'm kinda reminded of Team America, but maybe less stupid. Not that I absolutely loathed Team America anyway.

Apparently the attacks might've came from outside of North Korea (rogue hackers probably, maybe getting paid or have anti-West thoughts, who knkows). and obviously were sanctioned by NK.

Oh shit, I just read about the cyber attack on Sony.

Surprised they are pulling the film though, you would think this would be a case of 'WE DUN NEGOTIATE WITH TERRORISTS, please enjoy our shitty Seth Rogan comedy. There will lots of gross out moments!'

lmao

amazing. Now that I think about it I can't remember the last funny Seth Rogen movie I watched. Not the same thing as Seth Rogen being funny in a movie.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #79 on: December 18, 2014, 03:22:20 pm »
Freaks and Geeks, Knocked Up, Superbad, and The 40-Year-Old Virgin are all funny Seth Rogen comedies. I also kinda liked Pineapple Express. Though I will say I like movies where he plays a supporting character, not the lead - Knocked Up being the exception.

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #80 on: December 18, 2014, 03:32:42 pm »
They're funny, but they are the kind of movies that I can watch once and then the world and his wife start quoting the most base lines from each film until you want to punch them in the face.

Kind of like Team America. I enjoyed that movie the first time I saw it, now I fucking hate it like poison thanks to the amount of dick-heads spouting "I'm so ronery! LOL XD Epic simply epic. nice i like it up-voted ;^)"

Offline inthesky

• Altaha Abilia
« Reply #81 on: December 18, 2014, 09:40:49 pm »
Freaks and Geeks, Knocked Up, Superbad, and The 40-Year-Old Virgin are all funny Seth Rogen comedies. I also kinda liked Pineapple Express. Though I will say I like movies where he plays a supporting character, not the lead - Knocked Up being the exception.

Oh I liked some of those (didn't watch Freaks and Geeks though) but I was thinking of like, really recent stuff, maybe past few years

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #82 on: December 24, 2014, 10:34:44 am »
Yeah I'm not sure why it has become cool to hate Seth Rogan, James Franco, Jason Segel and the rest of those guys... Quite a few of their films have been genuinely really funny. Freaks and Geeks is still the best thing they ever did though imo. Super Bad is brilliant too.

I really didn't like This is the End though.

Anyway aren't they doing that Console Wars movie? Looking forward too that!

Made by SEGA

Offline mylifewithsega

• Total Meseta: -65531
  • "Just stick it in your Genesis!"
« Reply #83 on: December 24, 2014, 11:06:07 am »
Hahaha! It's never stopped being cool to hate on Seth Rogan, James Franco and Jason Segel. This is hardly new. There's plenty of folks out there that find their sophomoric humor tired and overrated.
Master-Cast TV: The Four-Mega Web Series!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC74cjduzFdR2ZXCt0bQv_0Q

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #84 on: December 24, 2014, 11:35:13 am »
I really liked I Love You Man, but then again I have a man crush on Paul Rudd.