Author Topic: SEGA master system: Original or FX sound?  (Read 2496 times)

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
SEGA master system: Original or FX sound?
« on: December 21, 2018, 02:50:09 pm »
Which one do you prefer? I think I like the original better mainly because that's what i'm used to, but having to choose between fx vs the original sound in the AGES Phantasy star 1 for switch is a bit difficult. It sounds better with the original for me so far, how about you?

Offline OriginalName

• Total Meseta: 4
Re: SEGA master system: Original or FX sound?
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2018, 11:51:55 pm »
I've talked myself out of buying an FM-enabled Master System / Mark III many times because while I think it'd be cool to have, it just doesn't sound superior enough to justify the cost for me. For Phantasy Star I think it's cool how it makes the game sound more like its sequel, and how it makes a game that already felt sort of between generations feel that much more high-tech for the time, but the PSG (original) sound is awfully charming. I'd play through it with FM sound... that's the intended experience. I'd just listen to the PSG OST later on and enjoy it for what it is.

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
Re: SEGA master system: Original or FX sound?
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2018, 08:02:25 am »
Gonna have to go with original myself. Had played both fx and og back to back but I just couldn't get used to the low sounds.

I finished phantasy star 1 for the first time. The Ages version has finally made dungeons playable without guides and map layouts