Author Topic: Politics  (Read 47028 times)

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
Re: Politics
« Reply #45 on: November 06, 2016, 02:34:14 am »
Not sure I agree there. Yes, we will leave the EU, but this stops May and co from doing it without answering concerns or question. What I find truly worrying and disgusting is what some of the newspapers have been coming out with since. There's no defence for it.

It's a fuss about nothing and just a way of lawyers getting more rich . The judgement is about triggering article 50 and there's loads of ways that can get through the house , it's not about it's not legal to pull out or anything of the sort 

Looking over all that remember the sovereign house approved the Referendum in the 1st place.
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline Tad

• Total Meseta: 6
« Reply #46 on: November 06, 2016, 06:58:01 am »
True, but they didn't approve of what type of exit we're having.

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #47 on: November 06, 2016, 02:38:53 pm »
True, but they didn't approve of what type of exit we're having.

That's beside the point . The sovereign house approved the Referendum and also  its question . And at the end of the day, it was a simple in or out Question and people voted out , Out it out its so very simple  .

You know back in 1975 we weren't told on what sort of EU was we voting on, its result was never challenged even though as Tony Ben said it was held on a back of lie to the British people  and that Referdriumn was binding and so will this one .

We are out of the EU 
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Offline Tad

« Reply #48 on: November 07, 2016, 12:30:59 am »
Exactly. They voted on having the referendum. Now we have the verdict on said referendum, parliament now needs to do their job and discuss and come to a majority agreement on the type of exit we'll have.

It's pretty hilarious to see so many Leave supporters fail to understand what they actually voted for. The main argument for leaving was to "take back control". Yet, as soon a our sovereign parliament try to take control, many leave voters don't like it.

I'm 99% certain we'll leave, but it's all about the method of how we leave now that needs to be addressed. Simply cutting away entirely is incredibly dangerous for everyone. Not only that, but on further research, it seems as though it actually goes against Article 50. Article 50 states that when triggered, negotiations have to be handled smoothly to protect the people of both parties.

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #49 on: November 07, 2016, 09:51:48 am »
The main argument for leaving was to "take back control". Yet, as soon a our sovereign parliament try to take control, many leave voters don't like it.

The people voted out of the EU and out is out . It's so very simple and all the government now needs to do is get on with and try and strike tariff feel deals . If Scotland was to ever win its referendum, only for the UK parliament saying  we not having that, tries to put another vote to the Scottish people on what type of Independence do you want, tries to hold yet another Referdrum or lose stil just refuse to recognise the result   They would be riots on the streets.

The Welsh assembly referendum was won the back of lies and a tiny minority. It got through  even if its a big waste of money and time and just a talk shop

The EU Ref vote was clear, just like the question . "Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the European Union"  And the UK voted NO so the people don't want to be a part of the EU : its so clear its almost laughable . We out of the EU end of line
« Last Edit: November 07, 2016, 02:10:10 pm by Team Andromeda »
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Offline Tad

« Reply #50 on: November 07, 2016, 01:08:25 pm »
Be honest, do you think it will work?

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #51 on: November 07, 2016, 02:08:02 pm »
Be honest, do you think it will work?

Yes and we'll not see much difference . IMO because there's going to be a massive shortfall of cash in the EU (since we were the 2nd biggest contributor to the EU and also paid a net £10 Billion a year ) The EU will give is tariff free access to the single market, but we'll have to pay some £5 Billion odd a year for that pleasure.

Where we could see some issues with jobs and costs , is when it comes to Airtravel in the EU  and that Is a big and huge issue that's not going to be easy to sort out tbh
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Offline Tad

« Reply #52 on: November 07, 2016, 02:30:05 pm »
I wish I had your optimism, buts as I'm sure you know, there's a lot of questions that need to be addressed. Things like scientific research funding, security, immigration, farming etc.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2016, 02:11:25 am by Tad »

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #53 on: November 08, 2016, 01:53:18 am »
I wish I had your optimism, buts as I'm sure you know, there's a lot of questions that need to be addressed. Thinks like scientific research funding, security, immigration, farming etc.

That's load of old tosh . What part of being a net Contributor do you not understand ? Even with all the grants, regeneration funding farmings subs everything even the rebate (which we never actually give to the EU) we still pay a net £8 to £10 a year to the EU . So if the UK Government wants to its got the money, se technically are already funding those projects and pay  extra £8 Billion on top of that  net into the EU for that pleasure .

If like Ireland we get far more for the EU than we pay into it, I'll be worried but we not we pay more into the EU than France and yet get far less out . Here's the best thing too, don't like how our elected government spends the money, vote them out .

If the EU was so wonderful please explain to me why EU countries have unemployment rates of 23% for Greece, 19% for Spain, 11% for Italy , 10% for France and for Youth unemployment it's even worse ... 50% for Greece, 43% for Spain, 39% for Italy and 24% for France and how does the unelected elite council  of the EU choose to spend the money and fix these issues bailing out a failed Euro and spending nearly half of the EU budget on farming Subs .

We are so much better out of that its untrue and just remember you don't have to be a member of the EU to get access to the single market or sell your goods traiff free. SEGA been doing it for years (a Japanse corp) just like Sony (a Japanese corp) any when we use our mobiles just remember that the likes of Apple are an American corp , just Microsft
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #54 on: November 08, 2016, 01:53:49 am »
That's load of old tosh . What part of being a net Contributor do you not understand ? Even with all the grants, regeneration funding farmings subs everything even the rebate (which we never actually give to the EU) we still pay a net £8 to £10 a year to the EU . So if the UK Government wants to its got the money, se technically are already funding those projects and pay  extra £8 Billion on top of that  net into the EU for that pleasure .

If like Ireland we got far more for the EU than we pay into it, I'll be worried but we not we pay more into the EU than France and yet get far less out . Here's the best thing too, don't like how our elected government spends the money, vote them out .

If the EU was so wonderful please explain to me why do EU countries have unemployment rates of 23% for Greece, 19% for Spain, 11% for Italy , 10% for France ? . For Youth unemployment it's even worse ... 50% for Greece, 43% for Spain, 39% for Italy and 24% for France and how does the un-elected  elite council  of the EU choose to spend the money and fix these issues bailing out a failed Euro and spending nearly half of the EU entire  budget on farming Subs .

We are so much better out of that its untrue and just remember you don't have to be a member of the EU to get access to the single market or sell your goods traiff free. SEGA been doing it for years (a Japanese corp) just like Sony (a Japanese corp) any when we use our mobiles just remember that the likes of Apple are an American corp , anyone who likes to Google (a amereica corp) or what about all those America TV shows, Films we like to buy or watch inthe Cinema the likes of Fox or Disney are America corps

Last time I checked, Japan or America weren't part of the EU
« Last Edit: November 08, 2016, 02:15:22 am by Team Andromeda »
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Offline Tad

« Reply #55 on: November 08, 2016, 12:50:29 pm »
I see your point. I just hope it can work out okay for everyone.

Offline Tad

« Reply #56 on: January 24, 2017, 03:57:11 am »
Article 50 can't not be triggered without consent of both houses. It'll probably go through parliment, but the lords can just say no.

Offline Tad

« Reply #57 on: March 13, 2017, 02:33:43 pm »
Seems set for the end of march now and the SNP are calling for another referendum on Scottish independants.

I'm off to bury my head in the sand because of this complete mess. I've always heard stories of how bad the tories were when they were last in power and it seems they were wrong. They're much, much worse. They're willing to gamble everything just to stay in power and you know what the really sad thing is? Other parties have just accepted it. It's utterly pathetic and spineless.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2017, 02:40:51 pm by Tad »

Offline pcm92

• Total Meseta: 3
« Reply #58 on: March 17, 2017, 09:39:37 pm »
Does the British national anthem change if a king succeeds the queen?

Has the UKIP ever won any elections?

Is the U.K. a continent since Brexit happened?

Why is Northern Ireland separate from regular Ireland?
« Last Edit: March 17, 2017, 09:41:30 pm by pcm92 »

Offline Shun-Di

• Total Meseta: 1
« Reply #59 on: March 17, 2017, 10:59:06 pm »

If like Ireland we got far more for the EU than we pay into it, I'll be worried but we not we pay more into the EU than France and yet get far less out . Here's the best thing too, don't like how our elected government spends the money, vote them out .

If the EU was so wonderful please explain to me why do EU countries have unemployment rates of 23% for Greece, 19% for Spain, 11% for Italy , 10% for France ? . For Youth unemployment it's even worse ... 50% for Greece, 43% for Spain, 39% for Italy and 24% for France and how does the un-elected  elite council  of the EU choose to spend the money and fix these issues bailing out a failed Euro and spending nearly half of the EU entire  budget on farming Subs .

We are so much better out of that its untrue and just remember you don't have to be a member of the EU to get access to the single market or sell your goods traiff free. SEGA been doing it for years (a Japanese corp) just like Sony (a Japanese corp) any when we use our mobiles just remember that the likes of Apple are an American corp , anyone who likes to Google (a amereica corp) or what about all those America TV shows, Films we like to buy or watch inthe Cinema the likes of Fox or Disney are America corps

Last time I checked, Japan or America weren't part of the EU

Sega of America and Europe need to hire more people to make games beside publishing them.  A year or two ago they both took a major hit, right around when Sonic Boom happened.
Be like water.