Author Topic: Look what got traded in at my store the other day  (Read 4539 times)

Offline AllenThePrettyCool

• Total Meseta: 1
Look what got traded in at my store the other day
« on: April 15, 2016, 10:45:53 pm »

That there is one of the most rare, if not THE single rarest, of all the Sega carts ever made. I was very surprised that one came in, and we haven't even been at that location for a full year.

Pretty frigging awesome.

I posted a few more details to Reddit, if anyone's interested, but I thought you guys might appreciate the find.

https://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/4ey8uh/

Offline Nathan Dunsmore

• Total Meseta: 2
Re: Look what got traded in at my store the other day
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2016, 01:38:20 pm »
When I saw the title I was thinking BWCII or Outback Joey, but that's a neat find. The Mario sticker kinda adds to its mystique.

Offline Centrale

• Total Meseta: 61
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2016, 08:06:45 pm »
Very interesting, I had never heard of that before. So is it a blank cart or is there something currently burned on it?

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2016, 10:57:44 pm »
According to the wiki: Game Factory cartridges appear to use CR2032 batteries to hold onto data. Should these batteries have died in the last twenty years or more, the cartridge's contents may have been wiped, rendering them unusable.

http://segaretro.org/Game_Factory

Offline FlareHabanero

• Total Meseta: 4
  • Resident of Puyo Hell
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2016, 09:20:04 pm »
I'm curious about the exact compatibility with this prototype flash cartridge, and how reliable it was in terms of actually playing games. Did the games randomly crash, lag, or glitch? We may never know...
« Last Edit: April 17, 2016, 09:22:40 pm by FlareHabanero »

Offline Centrale

• Total Meseta: 61
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2016, 10:26:21 am »
Flash memory is generally reliable. There is a limit to how many times it can be re-written, but it's a pretty high limit... many tens of thousands, possibly more.