Author Topic: Streets of Rage: leaked footage of cancelled remake  (Read 15367 times)

Offline loempiavreter

• Total Meseta: 3
Re: Streets of Rage: leaked footage of cancelled remake
« Reply #45 on: December 09, 2012, 01:42:09 am »

As if Golden Axe ever had one single good game in the series. People loved them for the simplicity, feel and music. They were godawful in gameplay and blandly repetitive. The recent Golden Axe is the same thing, entertaining for a while, a bad game overall.

SoR is in a completely different level. I really can't imagine the game working with today's videogame mechanics. It would have to be something like Dynamite Deka

You' e never touched Revenge if Death Adder, have you? Equipable weapons for your mount like catapults and cannons, coop magic (summoning an apple tree that drops apple's for your allies), up to 6 enemy grunts on screen, 4 player coop.

Also the original Golden Axe is superior in Arcade, the megadrive version has wonky hit detection, misses Death Adder cool transformation out of snakes and bones and the decapitation flying into the screen in the intro.

Bare Knuckle (or Streets of Rage in the west), has flair because the series highligh by showing the same amount of grunts on screen as arcade games 5-6. While puny SFC belt scroll games (or beat'em up in the west) could only do 3 grunts lined up with the playable character before flicker starts to appear. I always thought it had to do with megadrive's superior processor, but it was an AI trick, to code the AI if never lining up more then 3 sprites with the playable character. Clever bastards @ SEGA. Never noticed this, because the enemy's AI is ferocious enough to charge @ you, when 1 of the 3 other grunts dissapear from that line, and demanding more crowd control.

This game revamp looked below the average belt scroll game, the boss jack is well designed, but the playable character and the grunts look poorly desiged, the music sounded uninspired, the stages needs more neon flair, the fighting system need a big tune up and come on the first Bare Knuckle had more enemies on screen (as explained above).  It's alpha though, so i cut them some slack, but it needed a lot of work to polisb that right.

« Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 02:04:03 am by loempiavreter »

Offline STORM!

• Total Meseta: 15
« Reply #46 on: December 11, 2012, 08:29:43 am »
  Ok, it's an alpha, or whatever, and looks like shit.

Looks also like Spike Out.

Yuzo Koshiro could do a better job on a new Bare Knuckle. I think he was not only a music composer...

Offline semmie

• Banned
« Reply #47 on: December 20, 2012, 02:56:27 pm »
Ok, it's an alpha, or whatever, and looks like shit.

Looks also like Spike Out.

Yuzo Koshiro could do a better job on a new Bare Knuckle. I think he was not only a music composer...

there is a difference between spike out xbox and spike out arcade. just that u know.
it doesnt look like poop. it looks more like lavendel soap and big gold strike tequilla.
its a good game if it came out.

people just want streets of rage to be to much of something
. i would v been happy if i could play this. plus the fact its just a small utube movie. there is no way we can judge anyways. that would be something called injustice to the game