Author Topic: Discuss the movies that are so bad that they make you want to punch people!  (Read 10999 times)

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14

I'll start with a couple of 'em. Remember these are not, so "bad it's good" type of flicks, nor guilty pleasures these are films that literally are bad and have offended you in every conceivable way.

Here's a few examples of movies that I loathe:

***Eye twitch****

This is not funny, period.

Big Momma's House 2

The first film, with all it's flaws was tolerable. The sequel, however, was literally the bottom of the barrel.

There's also a couple of other ones, such as Eragon. A great book, which was turned into a TV movie equivalent of Lord of the Rings.

Offline SOUP

• Total Meseta: 4
The one that pops into my mind right away is Texas Chainsaw Massacre The Beginning. It wasn't scary, it wasn't thrilling, it was just gross in a mean-spirited and exploitative way. Complete trash, and not the good kind.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
Thing is, with stuff like Big Momma's House, you expect it to be awful and you usually don't go out of your way to watch it. If you do, it's not punch inducing as you knew what you were getting into.

However, movies that I look forward to, and have expectations for, and then they totally suck. Those are the ones that make me want to punch people.

X-Men: The Last Stand - I've talked enough about this one on the boards, so to sum it up: far too short, too many cheap deaths, lame (yet to be unresolved) cliffhanger.

Star Trek: Nemesis - I'm not a trekkie, but I did like TNG. Especially Data. So when they end the movie with the DEATH of Data and only hint at his possible return via a new model, I was mad. Now, 9 years later, that has yet to be resolved. Really lame end to the series.

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44

The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen

This movie might is absolutely terrible atrocious, I remember when it came out they were giving it away with any movie you baught for £1 extra and I'd never heard of it so I was like... Sure why not!

Worst £1 I ever spent, I don't even know where to start, it starts off dumb and then decends into absolute nonsense as it goes on.
Made by SEGA

Offline max_cady

@Sharky

Aaaaargh! I had forgotten about that horrible movie. My brain keeps blocking out that movie in self-defense.

The movie was out right around the same time as that horrible Daredevil spin-off... The one with Jennifer Garner.

It was really bad...

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
I liked Daredevil, and loved the director's cut. It's a guilty pleasure of mine.

But Electra... UGH! I saw the first five minutes and turned it off.

Offline Emmett The Crab

• Total Meseta: 24
  • Smotrenfu!
    • http://www.CliveBarkerCast.com
Hellraiser Revelations:

I knew it was going to be bad.  I was expecting low-budget, but it was terrible, low-budget with really bad acting, and it stole lines and ideas from the original Hellraiser.  So this movie made me want to punch something because it was not only bad, but was openly comparing itself to Hallraiser, which was a slap in the face to Clive Barker and all the fans of that movie.

Offline max_cady

I can't wrap my head around the fact that this movie came out exactly a year before Batman Begins.  :o

Offline Berto

• Total Meseta: 22

MARS ATTACK

Is this movie supposed to be funny or what?
If yes, I didn't laugh at all when watching this movie.
If no, then the story is really really bad.

Offline Mystic Monkey

• Total Meseta: 0
Two bad movies come in mind for me, and here is why:

1. Adventures of a Teenage Dragon Slayer

So get this, me and my best mate were at the video rental store. I think it was like... I dunno, five years a go? Around when video rental stores were going out of business but privately owned ones were still on it's last legs. So me and my friend were in the mood for a high fantasy adventure. Something with dragons, monsters, medieval fantasy, the usual works. While we were contemplating favoured classics like Lord of the Rings and Conan the Barbarian, we wanted to see something new we haven't seen before. We saw the cover of this movie and we thought it looked promising.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gS8cgcBvWg
Where to begin... I suppose for a start the cover looked nothing like the movie. The protagonist not even having the same hair or even sword or even dragon on the cover. I can't remember how bad the acting was in most of the movie but it was forgettable. Then there was this blue motherflippin' "troll" character who spoke with a bad Smeagol voice and had a dance number because OH LOVEABLE AND FUNNY!

I remember this scene where a police officer in sunglasses stopped, I think it was a mother in her car, tells her to drive safely or something, I can't remember. What me and my friend did remember is when he took off his sunglasses the movie had a "woosh" sound and that was it we were laughing our butts off at that movie.

But yeah. Terrible movie. A "Don't judge a movie by it's cover" moment because it's probably where most of the budget went.

2. A Fairly Odd Movie, Grow Up Timmy Turner

So I was originally a fan of the Fairly Odd Parents series. After I saw this movie I never watched Fairly Odd Parents ever again. The movie was so bad that I put as much mental effort as I can just to forget this movie, and the moment I am reminded of it I throw a tantrum over the fact this movie exist.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUA2YB7brWo
Live-action movies that try to emulate cartoons rarely work. I can't recall a movie that did so successfully without being heavy on the CGI. This was one of them. The movie was scripted as the cartoons would be but the cartoon antics just doesn't follow through in live action and just look super-super cringy. If I had godparents I'd wish this movie or it's live-action sequels ever existed.

Anyway those are the two movies I hate the most. You can probably watch them for free on YouTube if you want.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2021, 10:48:37 am by Mystic Monkey »

Offline Berto

Re: Discuss the movies that are so bad that they make you want to punch people!
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2021, 08:11:32 pm »
Where to begin... I suppose for a start the cover looked nothing like the movie.
The protagonist not even having the same hair or even sword or even dragon on the cover.

Lol, this reminds me of Atari's Video Game Boxarts in the 80s.
The covers look nothing like the games.

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2021, 05:16:13 am »
Lol, this reminds me of Atari's Video Game Boxarts in the 80s.
The covers look nothing like the games.
That's forgivable given Atari was an 8-bit second gen console. Almost all games back then were a few thicc pixels making vague shapes and game covers that exagerated the game.

But Teenage Dragon Slayer was made in 2010. So what's it's excuse? Other than a budget of $3,250,000.

Offline Berto

« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2021, 09:55:45 pm »
Checked it on youtube, I think the dragon is not that bad.
Just too skinny may be and yeah, different from cover.
At least it's not like these tigers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzNPxp8PMq4

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2021, 09:22:40 am »
Checked it on youtube, I think the dragon is not that bad.
Just too skinny may be and yeah, different from cover.
At least it's not like these tigers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzNPxp8PMq4
The only confirmed girl at the furry convention.