Author Topic: Share your love life stories.  (Read 13704 times)

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
Share your love life stories.
« on: March 03, 2011, 06:48:44 pm »
I thought this would make an interesting topic. I've been a member here for a while and i thought it would be nice to share some more personal stuff with each other. I am kinda curious to see how everyone handles his stuff. But if there are experts among you, it'd be nice to help each other as well :D. Do you like somebody? Do you need tips? Do you have a girlfriend? Share your stories  :lol:

Well anyway, i'll start. I haven't been really that active lately, especially since i've began being serious about my future. Basically school, work and a little bit of free time.

Though Last week there was this amazing chick at work. The funny thing is that she quickly caught my interest with just a quick glare. I wouldn't say that it was "love at first site" but it's sorta close. I had to make my move. I couldn't keep keep my calm so doing nothing wasn't an option. Well.. when the break started, I talked to her and damn.... got no words. It wasn't just the looks but she was very mature and intelligent. Problem however is that she's older, which isn't really a problem when you think about it for a moment. But some women prefer older men so I still gotta see how that's gonna turn out.

Fucked up situation because no matter what, it could still just be that she sees me as a colleague.

My next move is trying to fix a way that I can contact her more frequently instead of once/twice a week when we both work at the same time. I think msn would be a better idea. Lol so that's what i'm dealing with :P You'll hear more when I meet her again. I'm gonna take it easy though, experience has taught me that girls don't like the "insisting" types..
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Guest »

Offline CrazyT

Re: Share your love life stories.
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2011, 04:38:56 pm »
Guess this isn't really an interesting subject around here  :lol:

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2011, 05:05:56 pm »

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2011, 07:26:48 pm »
here you go
http://http://www.segabits.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=78

21 pages worth of relationship stuff.

I have a very awkward relationship history. But right now I'm just chillin' with this amazing chick. She's a bro, she's hot.
She left her boyfriend to be with me. But we aren't taking anything serious right now, I don't want to and she doesn't got time (two jobs + college). But we like hangin out together and such. My parents hate her, her parents don't know about me.

Just having fun and not thinking about it much. I don't want a serious relationship until at least 4th year at university.
SEG4GES

Offline Emmett The Crab

• Total Meseta: 24
  • Smotrenfu!
    • http://www.CliveBarkerCast.com
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2011, 02:16:29 am »
I've been with my wife since 1995.  We've been married since 2001.  It's too long of a story to tell.  Plus it makes me feel old hearing about you 20-year olds (or thereabouts).

Offline CrazyT

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2011, 09:22:38 am »
@George, That kinda sucks man

@Crackdude, I think you're handling it great. It's best when things are mutual but taking it easy and giving it time is really a good choice. I've had good friendships turn into relationships myself too, but things just seem to change when they do weirdly enough.

@emmett, Yeah i'm 20. I must sound really corny :lol:  How did you get to know your wife? Was it mutual or did you have to catch her attention?

Offline cube_b3

• Total Meseta: 3
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2011, 01:11:52 pm »
Quote from: "CrazyTails"
Though Last week there was this amazing chick at work. The funny thing is that she quickly caught my interest with just a quick glare. I wouldn't say that it was "love at first site" but it's sorta close. I had to make my move. I couldn't keep keep my calm so doing nothing wasn't an option. Well.. when the break started, I talked to her and damn.... got no words. It wasn't just the looks but she was very mature and intelligent. Problem however is that she's older, which isn't really a problem when you think about it for a moment. But some women prefer older men so I still gotta see how that's gonna turn out.

Some straight up advice just in case you plan the whole being friends approach seen on tv most prominently on Friends :S and these days in Big Bang Theory. It is bull shit.

Once you've established a rapport it is best to make your intentions clear, most girls with a sound mind know your in to them from the get go. So all you have to be is assertive and speak your mind. If your drawing a blank it may be because you are in an approach/avoid conflict.

Offline cube_b3

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2011, 01:23:14 pm »
Let's see how personal we get here.
This is what happened with the last girl I asked out.
Starting from the beginning:

I registered for GRE classes at Princeton Review, we were a small class of about 8 people.
So there was this girl whose name literally translated to "The Queen" - in English.
GRE classes were at the weekend, first week I didn't do anything other than make the prerequisite small talk with all my class mates.
Next week I learned she was from Washington and had just returned a few weeks ago after several years and was trying to reconnect with the city. I also learned that 2 other dudes are in too her... and well I like a hot commodity or a girl in demand if you will. So the next day I asked her out after class in a simple way:
"Maybe we should go out some time?" I said.
"Sure" She said.
"Awesome, give me your number and we'll make a scene"

To Be Continued if any one wants to know what happened next.

Offline Sega Uranus

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Thank You For Playing ECCO ECCO ECCO
    • The SEGA Source
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2011, 01:38:42 pm »
Do not worry about George, he is a lady killer. Maybe literally.

I am not. I am extremely shy and have no idea how to react around girls that interest me, so all of the girlfriends I have had in the past came to me.

The last breakup was the hardest on me yet, but I made it out okay. I hate how I became so close with her whole family and now I have to just drop knowing them at all or something. I am not sure how that is supposed to go.

You would think that most of mine have been lost through me doing weird shit, but that is not the case yet, most of them have been pretty crazy, but not really in the sexy way, more of the "I'm gunna stab you in the eye", which is kind of sexy. [spoiler:dsngdz3x]Especially for George.[/spoiler:dsngdz3x]

Offline CrazyT

« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2011, 01:43:50 pm »
Quote from: "cube_b3"

Some straight up advice just in case you plan the whole being friends approach seen on tv most prominently on Friends :S and these days in Big Bang Theory. It is bull shit.

Once you've established a rapport it is best to make your intentions clear, most girls with a sound mind know your in to them from the get go. So all you have to be is assertive and speak your mind. If your drawing a blank it may be because you are in an approach/avoid conflict.
Wow you're really good at this. Aproach avoid conflict, that's exactly what I was doing, unconsiously.

I saw her yesteday again and I got some updates. After the last occation (the case that I wrote in my first post) I decided to take it easier. I mean not all girls behave this way, but in the past making it too prominent that I like a girl mostly resulted in arrogant attitudes. Basically they didn't have to put any effort.

So what happened yesterday? The whole friendship bullshit wasn't the plan. I was just acting myself, as if I was getting to know an ordinary girl. So aproach/avoid didn't play a role at all now since it was how i'd naturally behave. As being myself, I aproached her pretty often, not showing more interest than just the way i'd talk to any other person.  And you know what resulted in doing so? She was showing alot of interest. Conversation wouldn't stop because she kept talking, asking me personal questions. It wouldn't be weird to think that she's maybe interested in me. I do have a feeling she does however, because we do have a lot of things in common. Sometimes she would be saying things, making jokes where i'd be like, that's really something that I would do/say. Maybe she sees the same in me. I don't know.

Updates will be coming. So tell me expert, did I handle that right?

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2011, 08:33:00 pm »
And just so you'll know, guys, there's a free online magazine just for men.(Sorry for the shameless NewsCorp plug.)

It touches upon everything: dating, health issues, fashion trends, what to do and not do in the workplace and so forth.

I need to bookmark this website as quickly as possible.

Offline crackdude

• Nintendo Bling
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2011, 07:22:21 pm »

To Be Continued if any one wants to know what happened next.
I'm always in for an interesting story ;)

The way I met the girl I'm "with" now was pretty basic.
Upfront approach. I looked at her and she looked back, so I started talking to her. Where she from, etc.
It was at the first day of college, so we had to go to several shacks to sign up for various college-related crap-that-makes-us-spend-money.
So I accompanied her.
Later in the day I learned that she had a boyfriend when she casually mentioned it.
We became friends, but we were with eachother every single day. She was with her boyfriend once a week.
So yeah, she fell for me. Decided she couldn't be with her boyfriend like this.
Though I don't want a relationship per say, she enjoys spending time with me, and so do I enjoy being with her.

But it was all natural stuff. When I learned she had a boyfriend I cut on my game. I never had any intentions of "stealing her" or becoming friends and later progress to more than that.

Sometimes things just happen.

Not thinking too much about it and letting things flow naturally is the best way to eventually find someone you care about. this is my take.
SEG4GES

Offline cube_b3

« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2011, 06:23:21 am »
Quote from: "CrazyTails"
Wow you're really good at this. Aproach avoid conflict, that's exactly what I was doing, unconsiously.

lol.

I saw her yesteday again and I got some updates. After the last occation (the case that I wrote in my first post) I decided to take it easier. I mean not all girls behave this way, but in the past making it too prominent that I like a girl mostly resulted in arrogant attitudes. Basically they didn't have to put any effort.

So what happened yesterday? The whole friendship bullshit wasn't the plan. I was just acting myself, as if I was getting to know an ordinary girl. So aproach/avoid didn't play a role at all now since it was how i'd naturally behave. As being myself, I aproached her pretty often, not showing more interest than just the way i'd talk to any other person.  And you know what resulted in doing so? She was showing alot of interest. Conversation wouldn't stop because she kept talking, asking me personal questions. It wouldn't be weird to think that she's maybe interested in me. I do have a feeling she does however, because we do have a lot of things in common. Sometimes she would be saying things, making jokes where i'd be like, that's really something that I would do/say. Maybe she sees the same in me. I don't know.

Updates will be coming. So tell me expert, did I handle that right?

I don't have sufficient information to pass out a ruling.

If it feels good and your not over thinking and are relaxed then your probably in the right direction.

Offline cube_b3

« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2011, 06:25:11 am »
Quote from: "crackdude"
Though I don't want a relationship per say, she enjoys spending time with me, and so do I enjoy being with her.

Not thinking too much about it and letting things flow naturally is the best way to eventually find someone you care about. this is my take.

So what do you want out of this "non relationship" relationship.

Offline crackdude

• Nintendo Bling
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2011, 01:39:45 pm »
So what do you want out of this "non relationship" relationship.
That's exactly what I'm figuring out at this point.

We are reaching a inevitable break-point.
Today I told her I was going to think about what I want.

She wants a committed relationship. I don't.
I feel like I'm in a "take it or leave it" situation, though she says it's not all that bothering that we aren't committed if I keep being with her (whatever she means with that).

I feel great with her, yet I feel awful in relationships. Maybe it's trauma or something.
I'll meditate on this during this weekend.
SEG4GES