Author Topic: Alien Isolation at E3: make the beeping stop, MAKE IT STOP!  (Read 15873 times)

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
Thought I should make a thread for SEGA's biggest game since Binary Domain. Alien: Isolation are being developed by the talented people over at The Creative Assembly's console division and produced over the good part of 4 years with a 100 strong team. Please watch and be freaked out at the synthetics.

Official E3 trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIU541M08Z0

Gametrailers interview with Alister Hope (Thanks to AvPGalaxy for uploading on Youtube)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eNjaZA7DEo

Alien: Isolation on the Playstation stream from yesterday
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlytjPlmeWg

And best for last;

Videogamer TV (20 minute long footage)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbAIoCBcfZc

Honestly I can't wait for this game, hyped about it and glad to see there showing off a little bit more of the other segments now, hopefully they'll announce a demo soon!

Offline Mariano

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Segarion
    • Funnoticias
Re: Alien Isolation at E3: make the beeping stop, MAKE IT STOP!
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2014, 01:28:01 pm »
I am really hype for this game to. 4 months is a lot :( .

In other topic here are some very interesting reports from Sega-Sammy if you want to look at them Aki.

This one:
http://www.segasammy.co.jp/english/pdf/release/20140611_sb_e_final.pdf

And especially this one:
http://www.segasammy.co.jp/english/pdf/release/sega%20networks%20presentation%20(eng)_20140611.pdf

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2014, 01:49:05 pm »
I'm really happy that this game seems to be a true survival horror, with more emphasis on surviving than killing everything.

I want to watch the gameplay footage when I get a chance this afternoon, but from what I skimmed it's shaping up really nice.

Offline Draikin

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2014, 04:09:35 pm »
I'm hoping this is going to be the game that puts Sega back on the map in terms of AAA games. It's an important game for Creative Assembly as well. If they get this right, it would really establish them as being Sega's strongest in-house development studio when it comes to both PC and consoles games. Right now they still have an image of just being a studio Sega bought that churns out RTS games for the PC every year.

Good to hear the game has support for the Oculus Rift as well, it's basically a perfect match for this type of game. The impressions from the people that played the game using the Rift seemed to be very positive.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2014, 06:02:29 am »
Shigs played the game on Oculus Rift, you can check out the preview here:

http://segabits.com/blog/2014/06/11/e3-hands-on-alien-isolation-on-oculus-rift-draft-please-add-images/

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2014, 09:08:21 am »
Horror game with Virtual reality sounds like it could literally cause heart attacks lol

Offline Centrale

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2014, 09:27:07 am »
Horror game with Virtual reality sounds like it could literally cause heart attacks lol

Man, I had a weird moment taking out the recycling last week. The neighbors were out on their back deck and just chatting normally. As I was dumping the recycling into the bin, somehow the sound of the neighbors mixed with the clattering of the recycling in a weird way and it made it sound like there was suddenly someone right behind me. Startled the hell out of me and really gave me an adrenaline surge. So, to imagine wearing the Oculus Rift, playing a game in surround sound... I have no doubt that such an immersive experience could be incredibly scary, especially in a game that builds up the tension really gradually. I definitely expect to see health warnings at the beginnings of games, like we currently do regarding epilepsy and flashing imagery... "ask your doctor if you're healthy enough for VR." ;)

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2014, 09:58:48 am »
If there is indeed one game I am looking foward to... it's this one. This is the big SEGA game that I'm gunning for.

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2014, 10:08:10 am »
Game looks awesome. Definitely a game I'm picking up when I finally buy a next gen console.

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2014, 12:35:41 pm »
I'm hoping this is going to be the game that puts Sega back on the map in terms of AAA games. It's an important game for Creative Assembly as well. If they get this right, it would really establish them as being Sega's strongest in-house development studio when it comes to both PC and consoles games. Right now they still have an image of just being a studio Sega bought that churns out RTS games for the PC every year.

Good to hear the game has support for the Oculus Rift as well, it's basically a perfect match for this type of game. The impressions from the people that played the game using the Rift seemed to be very positive.

It would also be depressing. Considering Sega of Japan's complete inability to produce a AAA game on the consumer level....

Offline ROJM

« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2014, 12:37:18 pm »
Thought I should make a thread for SEGA's biggest game since Binary Domain.
Since BD? Don't you mean ISHIN?

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2014, 01:20:06 pm »
is that even getting a release outside Japan?

Offline ROJM

« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2014, 06:53:40 am »
is that even getting a release outside Japan?

You're guess is as good as mine at this point.

Offline Aki-at

• The Dragon
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2014, 06:02:39 am »

I meant in terms of budget, think it's safe to say Isolation is either the most expensive SEGA production or up there with Binary Domain / Shenmue / Phantasy Star Online 2.

Also funny how me and Mang were wondering how no one was talking about this and then a discussion exploded.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2014, 02:05:58 pm »
How much money is coming from FOX's end? I assume the budgets for Isolation and CM were high, but didn't part of the budget come from FOX?