Author Topic: Valkyria Chronicles 4 announced + Valkyria Chronicles Remastered. PS4.  (Read 45170 times)

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
Re: Valkyria Chronicles 4 announced + Valkyria Chronicles Remastered. PS4.
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2015, 08:08:32 am »
I know you don't mean that harshly, but at least wait and see. We really know nothing about it yet.

I do .. Its getting to the stage where SEGA Japan might as well sell off its consumer Teams and just become a publisher . Why Can't SEGA Japan have the likes of  Media Vision handle the mobile side of things (for some mobile projects)  while SEGA Japan has what's left of its consumer Teams making some full on console games. I much rather have seen the Val Team themselves given faith with the project and some nice tech and budget to back it up.

Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline Trippled

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2015, 08:42:07 am »
Well it's all a matter of perspective...this is Media.Visions first next gen project too.

Streets of Rage, Sakura Taisen and Super Shinobi back then were also not completly done in-house either.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHfuzrmb4Sw Take a look at 10:53, if you want to see the scope of Sega involvement

Offline Phantasos

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2015, 08:48:01 am »
Well, shit. Turns out it's a thing.

It seems a LOT more Techmagic than previous entries, apparently this is being considered a new series rather than a straight sequel but hey, I'll hold my breath until we see something really tangible.

Media Vision can probably handle this, especially since the guy at the helm is the director of the first Valkyria Chronicle game. And speaking of which, they're actually remastering it for the PS4 too, that's welcomed. Breathe some life into the series again.

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2015, 09:12:28 am »
Streets of Rage, Sakura Taisen and Super Shinobi

I'll have to take issue with both Shinobi and SOR bar the music and some art I think they we both pretty much all In-House stuff. It was games like Story Of Thor where  Ancient played the main roll.

especially since the guy at the helm is the director of the first Valkyria Chronicle game

It be far better if the main team were put to make on the series and giving full backing rather than out sourcing the game even if Media Visions are a decent team .. SEGA are getting so much like Nintendo these days where you just wonder what the hell are the main In-House teams are up toom while they outsource so much 
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Offline Phantasos

« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2015, 09:22:00 am »
Sega hired a decent team with experience in SRPGs and positioned the creator of the series at the helm, I'm not getting why you seem to be so pissy about this. Give me a good game and it could come from my starfish for all I care.

Also, they better announce a PC version soon, if they want this to kick off in the west.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2015, 09:25:58 am by Phantasos »

Offline Trippled

« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2015, 09:26:12 am »

I'll have to take issue with both Shinobi and SOR bar the music and some art I think they we both pretty much all In-House stuff. It was games like Story Of Thor where  Ancient played the main roll.

Super Shinobi was partly done by Megasoft but they were merged into Sega. But eh, the 16 bit era was so different no use in arguing.

I'd say it is just the state of the Japanese industry sadly. It's consolodating, fewer studios, most of the market is smartphones etc.

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2015, 09:33:30 am »
Sega hired a decent team with experience in SRPGs and positioned the creator of the series at the helm,

The 1st game already had a decent team and made a Epic . Also sure the director and the helm can put some minds at rest, but has we have seen with some of the Monkeyball games, or the likes of Last Planet 3 it sometimes doesn't help

SEGA shound't need to hire a decent team, its already had one . 
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Offline Tad

• Total Meseta: 6
« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2015, 09:36:15 am »
As I said, wait till we even see what they're doing before railing it.

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2015, 09:42:02 am »
Super Shinobi was partly done by Megasoft but they were merged into Sega. But eh, the 16 bit era was so different no use in arguing.

One could say much the same about SNK and Metal Gear and all that . I always thought SONY Cambridge was a studio that SONY set up I had no idea that the likes of Medevil started out as Saturn project untill reading Retro gamer.

I'd say it is just the state of the Japanese industry sadly. It's consolodating, fewer studios, most of the market is smartphones etc

Its a total mess and it's sad to see but yeah you're spot on  . The only bright sparks seem to be from FromSoftware, Platinum and SquareEnix
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2015, 09:45:28 am »
As I said, wait till we even see what they're doing before railing it.

It be decent, but much rather see the Val Team work on the game In-House and backed by SEGA Japan and the likes of Media handling the mobile side of things so the main teams inside SEGA can work on the consoles and PC . Its still seems that for all the good talk from SEGA and Sammy , nothing much as changed at all.

SEGA Japan will still not back its In-House studios for the consoles and rather outsource to save on costs . SEGA Japan might as well go the full hog and outsource Sonic and Yakuza and just leave their teams work on the Mobile
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Offline Phantasos

« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2015, 09:47:19 am »
or the likes of Last Planet 3 it sometimes doesn't help

When you hire a shit team, you get a shit game. You're not really setting causation here, only correlation. Let's see how the game is before we praise it or piss on it.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2015, 10:12:28 am by Phantasos »

Offline Trippled

« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2015, 09:58:02 am »

Its a total mess and it's sad to see but yeah you're spot on  . The only bright sparks seem to be from FromSoftware, Platinum and SquareEnix

Square Enix is still a far cry from 2000-2001 days when FFIX, X and XI were all released. SE strong line up is because of external partnerships.

Offline Sieghardt

• Total Meseta: 2
« Reply #27 on: November 17, 2015, 10:16:25 am »
Not a SRPG, not set in the world of Valkyria Chronicles, not developed by the Valkyria team, terrible character designs

really disappointed, will buy the shit out of the remaster but this isnt at all what I wanted

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #28 on: November 17, 2015, 10:17:37 am »
Such negativity. Looks nice. I like the laser things. Hope it comes out on PC
SEG4GES

Offline Radrappy

« Reply #29 on: November 17, 2015, 11:50:20 am »
Hallelujah.

Nevermind that it's by a developer that has only churned out middleware (apart from VC3 which is really important; they're not newbies to the franchise) and that I'm getting strong musou vibes from those screens. 

Cautiously very optimistic about this.