Author Topic: PS2 games coming to PSN Oct 4th  (Read 2660 times)

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
PS2 games coming to PSN Oct 4th
« on: October 03, 2011, 06:06:26 am »
EDIT: I know i know, random guy on the internet, but neogaf tends to have people who work in the industry
About time they announced this. So sony have been working on this for a while now, they just finished with their QA testing in Liverpool 2 weeks ago. Here's basically what I know:
  • No remastering, just smoothing/screen size options like PS1 emulation.
  • Not all games are supported, shadow of memories & Hitman 2 are examples of games that just didn't work and they don't plan to try and get them to work. They also seem to be covering a huge list of games even fairly unknown games like The Seed: warzone.
  • No button remapping options, like PS1 emulation, for now.
  • No trophies or anything along those lines.
Apart from that everything should be what people are expecting. There doesn't seem to be any bells and whistles on it, it's straight up PS2 emulation.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=31476639&postcount=299

i can't believe how casually Sony mentioned this XD

Sony is continuing to take the initiative to bolster its PlayStation Network following the disastrous hack earlier this year. Not only did Sony add another $20 million this summer to a Pub Fund it started a couple years ago, but today the company announced a new "Only On PlayStation Network" program to stress its flow of exclusive gaming content.

Starting on October 4, every Tuesday in the month will see several new exclusives on PSN, including Pub Fund titles like Eufloria and Okabu, as well as inFAMOUS: Festival of Blood and PixelJunk Sidescroller. And the program will also feature a selection of "rare classic games" added to the store on October 4, including God Hand, GrimGrimoire, Maximo: Ghosts to Glory, Odin Sphere and Ring of Red.

Consumers who are PlayStation Plus subscribers will receive a 20% discount during the launch week of each “Only On PSN” game. On top of that, if you spend $60 or more out of your PlayStation Network/Sony Entertainment Network (SEN) Wallet throughout the month of October, you'll be able to receive a $10 store credit towards purchases in November. This promotion isn't limited to just games - spending can be on add-ons, PlayStation Home micro-transactions, TV shows, movies, Music Unlimited subscriptions, etc.

“‘Only On PlayStation Network’ is our line of great exclusive games that users can count on to deliver exciting game experiences that can’t be found anywhere else,” said Susan Panico, senior director of PlayStation Network, SCEA. “This strong initial content offering, combined with the day one discounts for PlayStation Plus subscribers and the ‘Spend $60, Get $10 Back’ promotion, makes PlayStation Network the premier destination for digital content.”

The lineup in the program is as follows: October 4 - Eufloria and Rochard; October 11 - Sideway: New York; October 13 - Sodium Collection; October 18 - Okabu and RocketBirds; October 25 - inFAMOUS: Festival of Blood and PixelJunk Sidescroller.

IndustryGamers spoke with Susan Panico about the program and Sony's continued push for exclusives. We'll be bringing you that soon.

http://www.industrygamers.com/news/sony-pushes-psn-exclusives-with-only-on-psn-program/

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
Re: PS2 games coming to PSN Oct 4th
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2011, 06:28:48 am »
Not going to purchase any, though I hope they are free for PSplus. I have like a ton of PSone games now. I'll probably go through them on the Vita.

Offline SOUP

• Total Meseta: 4
Re: PS2 games coming to PSN Oct 4th
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2011, 08:52:53 am »
I hope that a lot of people use this opportunity to play God Hand :).