Author Topic: Sega Retro contributions to look at!  (Read 5511 times)

Offline Trippled

• Total Meseta: 14
Sega Retro contributions to look at!
« on: November 05, 2015, 06:28:53 am »
I decided to do a a couple...and plan to do more.

Here are lists for games and arcade games, which I plan to update as it goes:

http://segaretro.org/Arcade_games_produced_by_Sega
http://segaretro.org/Videogames_produced_by_Sega

I removed alot of what I perceive as "filler"...which is licensed or distrubuted games, and made an attempt to only include titles that are partly or atleast fully copyrighted by Sega. In terms of arcade games I also removed filler that was not arcade video games.

I also added JP only games, which games are made in Western branches of Sega and added an external development team when needed. That saves alot of time compared to other Sega lists, when digging though stuff.

Plus, I redid the history of Sega when it became Sega Sammy Holdings: http://segaretro.org/Sega#Sega_Sammy_Holdings

Any advice is appreciated.

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
Re: Sega Retro contributions to look at!
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2015, 10:25:03 am »
I noticed something before.. There's no Outrun on the MegaDrive section. Only Turbo Outrun, curiously
SEG4GES

Offline Trippled

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2015, 10:35:55 am »
Thx!

Offline EnternalHope

• Total Meseta: 2
  • Sega fan for Life.
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2015, 10:39:39 am »
Please add Sega Amusements International,Ltd & Sega Interactive,Ltd entries.

Thanks.

Sega Retro is a very informative and very accurate webpage for SEGA.

Sonic Retro, not so much.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2015, 12:22:43 pm »
Sonic Retro, not so much.

Curious as to why you'd say this?

Offline EnternalHope

• Sega fan for Life.
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2015, 12:44:07 pm »
Curious as to why you'd say this?

It's clearly unprofessional and biased. Alot of it feels like people posting information with their personal preferences instead of research info like Sonic-Cult used to do. They treat it like a fan site instead of a research site.

Sonic-Cult and GHZ were excellent resource sites for Sonic game info. No bias, no preferences or shipping, just actual simple Sonic game research and character info.

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2015, 03:30:07 pm »
Sonic Cult? Really? I mean... Fucking Really? There was literally nothing professional about that shitty site. I mean they had a page dedicated to asking for boob pics from their female readers and the last I heard the founder of the site went to jail for being a paedophile...

The forum was full of elitist, knuckle dragging nerds of the highest order too.

I have no interest in Sonic Retro, but I can tell you flat out Sonic Cult wasn't a patch on it.
Made by SEGA

Offline EnternalHope

• Sega fan for Life.
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2015, 05:47:43 pm »
Sonic Cult? Really? I mean... Fucking Really? There was literally nothing professional about that shitty site. I mean they had a page dedicated to asking for boob pics from their female readers and the last I heard the founder of the site went to jail for being a paedophile...

The forum was full of elitist, knuckle dragging nerds of the highest order too.

I have no interest in Sonic Retro, but I can tell you flat out Sonic Cult wasn't a patch on it.

The founder Eric Grey spent 6 months in jail for soliciting sex & committed statutory rape on a 15 year old girl. In July 2005, he pleaded no contest and was sentenced to "Time Served" and paid the family liability damages and was sentenced to 8 years probation  to avoid registration as a Sex Offender.

Yes, the forum itself WAS elitist. And YES Grey was a douche (he used to be a game tester at SOA)and asshole before 2005, but Sonic-Cult's main page was VERY accurate and reliable. All of the info regarding Sonic Xtreme's development was discovered and leaked by them.They had exclusive interviews with Mike Wallis & Chris Senn. Hell, Sonic Pool's info can ONLY be found on the site.

They also started another site for game console emulation and console repair. So in the end, they became run much better.

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2015, 06:52:02 pm »
Sonic Cult? Really? I mean... Fucking Really? There was literally nothing professional about that shitty site.
I have to support Hope'man on this one. Sonic-Cult (and X-Cult) were the least professional site, but their information was top notch. There was (and still is) a ton of info on betas and development details. It used to be one of my fav sites back in the day.

Didn't enjoy the forums at all tho
SEG4GES

Offline Berto

• Total Meseta: 22
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2015, 04:18:28 am »

http://segaretro.org/Videogames_produced_by_Sega

You forgot to put this brutal and insane-difficult yet fun game masterpiece ..
Shinobi for 3DS

Also, remove this :

Nintendo DS
    Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games (2011)

Only 3DS & Wii version ever released.

And add these :

iOS/Android

Western

Puzzle & Glory (2015) (Development : Demiurge)
   Sonic Dash 2 : Sonic Boom (2015)

Nintendo DS

Western

Iron Man (2008)
   Iron Man 2 (2010)

Game Gear

JP Only

Phantasy Star Gaiden (1992)

Megadrive

JP Only

Phantasy Star Fukkokuban

Western

Decap Attack

Move Sonic Spinball, Kid Chameleon, Fantasia, Dick Tracy, The Amazing Spider-Man vs. The Kingpin (Spider-Man in Japan), Ecco the Dolphin, and Ecco: The Tides of Time (Ecco II in Japan) from Western to World
(there are JP version for those games)
Move Virtua Fighter 2 (MD) from World to Western (there's no JP version for that game)
Move Teddy Boy Blues (MD) and Phantasy Star II Text Adventure from World to JP only (there's no western version for that game)

And move PS3 & WiiU version of Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed from Western to World
since there are Japanese version for those game.
Famitsu even reviewed those two games.
Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed (PS3) – 7/9/8/8 [32/40]
Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed (Wii U) – 7/9/8/8 [32/40]

also there are Japanese version too for both Sonic Boom games for WiiU and 3DS, it's called Sonic Toon.

Other than I mentioned above, this list is already perfect. I like the way you sorted them too, differentiating beetwen word, jp, and western.  :)
« Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 05:19:38 am by Berto »