Author Topic: Valkyria Chronicles 4 announced + Valkyria Chronicles Remastered. PS4.  (Read 44968 times)

Offline FlareHabanero

• Total Meseta: 4
  • Resident of Puyo Hell
Re: Valkyria Chronicles 4 announced + Valkyria Chronicles Remastered. PS4.
« Reply #90 on: November 22, 2015, 06:15:24 pm »
I say kids these days are way too spoiled by the high quality visuals of games. Back then everything was on a muddy screen from a box and games had a habit of slowing down when the screen got flooded with pretty effects. But no one complained, they just wanted to be a bad enough dude to rescue the president.

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #91 on: November 22, 2015, 07:44:46 pm »
I say kids these days are way too spoiled by the high quality visuals of games. Back then everything was on a muddy screen from a box and games had a habit of slowing down when the screen got flooded with pretty effects. But no one complained, they just wanted to be a bad enough dude to rescue the president.
Hell, I was 15 when I learned all my MegaDrive games were being played at 80% the speed
SEG4GES

Offline Radrappy

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #92 on: November 22, 2015, 10:38:28 pm »
The game looks fine.  However I just spent 400$ on my ps4 and will admit to being irked when I see new games released for it that could have been easily made on ps3.

Can't help it.  I felt the same way when all 1st gen ds games looked like GBA games. 

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
« Reply #93 on: November 22, 2015, 11:36:52 pm »
The game looks fine.  However I just spent 400$ on my ps4 and will admit to being irked when I see new games released for it that could have been easily made on ps3.

Can't help it.  I felt the same way when all 1st gen ds games looked like GBA games. 

The game looks better then a PS3 game. There is a lot of lighting, textures, and particle effects (judging from the screens) that the PS3 would struggle with. It's no frostbite engine, but it looks great for what it is. This is the direction most Japanese games on the PS4 are taking, as the average Japanese dev doesn't have the AAA western budget. Japanese devs trying to emulate AAA Western games is what killed them last generation. They gotta do what they are good at.

But it's perfectly understandable if you are looking for some amazing graphic experiences. Look towards western developed games if you're looking to see crazy good graphics. EA has nailed it with Star Wars Battlefront graphics according to everyone that's played it. The Frostbite Engine is really impressive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chlnjmIF23c

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #94 on: November 23, 2015, 07:33:08 am »
You will eventually spend 400$ on a PS5 and it STILL wont give you handjobs. Fucking Sony.
SEG4GES

Offline Tad

• Total Meseta: 6
« Reply #95 on: November 23, 2015, 09:23:43 am »
You will eventually spend 400$ on a PS5 and it STILL wont give you handjobs. Fucking Sony.

https://youtu.be/7ciVKIm7bcg

Offline Berto

• Total Meseta: 22
« Reply #96 on: March 20, 2021, 03:12:41 am »
SEGA Talk #66: Valkyria Chronicles (2008)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jN5xXcUX-Nk

On this episode of SEGA Talk, Barry and George suit up and join the Gallian Revolutionary Army; exploring the 2008 SRPG classic Valkyria Chronicles.
Sit down, grab some popcorn and let’s take a magical trip to Europa! Squad 7, move out!

Article : http://segabits.com/blog/2021/03/19/sega-talk-66-valkyria-chronicles-2008/